PDA

View Full Version : Shedding....

Chinadoll
05-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Cat hair is truly a condiment. I vaccuum constantly, but I always walk out the door with cat hair on me. I don't know how as the kitties are not allowed in my bedroom near my clothes and I don't pick them up in the morning before I leave. I never see cat hair on the carpets or furniture...I guess it blends well...I however do not. I mostly wear dark colored clothes and Gi and Bix shed unbelievably...white hair all over me. I keep a a lint brush by the door, but that doesn't get everything. Cat hair sticks to my clothes better than any super glue I know.

Gi is the worst. I brush her every day, but no matter how long I brush her, you can pet her after and still have a ton of hairs sticking to your hand after. And she has such long hair. I thought about bringing her to the groomer to trim it down some, but I want something that'll last longer.

My question...has anyone used any shed stop products, and if so what kind and how well did it work? THANKS!

K & L
05-02-2003, 01:59 PM
No, but we shave our long hairs twice a year and I keep those tape rollers in my car and all over the house.

kitten645
05-02-2003, 04:13 PM
No tips here but I purposely got two ALL black kitties cause I wear black mostly. The trick is finding bedding in dark colors...doesn't exist. But as they say "Home is where the cat hair sticks to everything BUT the cat!" I need to invest stock in those lint roller thingies...

kath00
05-02-2003, 04:32 PM
I want some tips me too :(

ScantyNebula
05-02-2003, 08:04 PM
I brush Toby down with the sticky roller, lol he seems to like it ;)

DarwinIsMyLittleBuddie
05-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Does anyone have any smart tips for removing cat hair off clothes?!! I have the same problem. I brush Darwin and try to be careful with the clothes I wear but no matter what you do ... there is fur everywhere!!

I like this product. Its reusable and basically rolls the fur up into little "balls" that fall away.
http://www.outinternational.com/proddetl4.htm
I haven't had much luck with those sticky roller things ... just not up the job I find ...

I also love the "rubber" brushes (many brands available). They seem to do a good job of taking off the loose fur before it can be shed ... and Darwin just loves the feeling of them ... like a kitty massage :D

Just wondering what other people have tried or used? What works and what does't ...

Please help ...
Anne :confused: & Darwin :D

PS. I can never wear my black fleece spring jacket anymore :( ... black fleece is a fur magnet and NOTHING will take my poor Darwin's lightly coloured fur off that!! Perhaps I need to buy clothes that "match" my cat's fur :):confused: