PDA

View Full Version : The Sims-need help!

bluekat
05-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Hi, does anyone else have this game? I got The Sims Unleashed when it first came out, and its really fun. I went to themallofthesims.com, and downloaded some items, but I don't know how to put it into the game(its all downloaded onto a disk). The book says that thesims.com tells you how to put it in, but the site doesn't work for me. It always says "this page cannot be displayed" Could you please try the site and tell me if it works? Thanks, I would really appreciate it.
If any of you tried it before, could you tell me how to put the downloaded items into te game? Thanks:)

wolfsoul
05-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Chibi_star has three or four of the sims games, but she's not online right now. When she is, I'll tell her to help :)

I haven't played it, but from what I hear, it's pretty funny. My best friend, Renee, kills all of her ugly kids and puts them in her graveyard and at night they come and haunt her, lol.

Chibi_star was really upset when she accidentally killed the father. She put something in the microwave and it blew up and lit the guy on fire. LOL :D He just stood the jumping and screaming...Wish I could have seen it.

bluekat
05-02-2003, 01:15 PM
LOL, there's so many different ways to kill them. Its so realistic too. I just finished playing. There was this woman, and I bought her a boy and girl cat, and started breeding them. Now she's up to 5 cats:D
Also, when the dead people come and haunt you, there is actually a ghost there.
There was one time when I clicked on this man, to do stuff to the woman, I made the man jump into her arms. It was so funny how he did, and afterwards, the woman threw him down on the ground, lol.

wolfsoul
05-02-2003, 01:55 PM
lol, yeah my friend puts them in a room and starves them. Or she'll put them in the pool and drown them :rolleyes: She's purposely lit hers on fire with the oven and the microwave heehee. And she's so funny, she puts them in the shower, then pulls off the curtain and puts them in the middle of the road lol. She laughs so hard haha

primabella
05-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I love the Sims! But I only have the first, House Party and Hot Date. I really want Unleashed though but my dad doesn't like the game because when I play its for hours and hours :o I love it. I even downloaded tons of clothes and objects and it ended up shutting down my hard drive. We had to reboot the whole thing. Now I'm more careful on what I get. Just a tip ;)

I have so much fun playing that game because my sister acts like a nut and makes them do stupid things or she'll make her album hilarious. It's great! :D

In response to your question - This website might be able to help you. :) WinZip help (http://www.simsinteriordesigns.net/Help.htm)

If you wanna chat more about Sims or find out some other great sites, you can always PM me :D

Jessica12345
05-03-2003, 10:47 AM
i looovvvee the sims! lol i have the first one, house party, and unleashed.:)

yeah.... I drowed all my people in the pool because i forgot to put ladders in!:o and then i caught my whole kitchen on fire. lol

unfortunately i cant help you on your queistion though.

bump*

iceyshiver21
05-03-2003, 11:55 AM
I love the sims too! I only have the first one :( I want unleashed SOOO badly... Its funny to lock the cars on your yard unil they disapper

primabella
05-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Icyshiver - your signature is great. :D I used to have that Giga pet (a few years back) I loved it but then abandoned it all the time cause it was never happy. Stupid cat :mad: ;)

iceyshiver21
05-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Try looking at killersims.com once.

**I love my sig too, lol. I had a million of them!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
lol, yeah my friend puts them in a room and starves them. Or she'll put them in the pool and drown them :rolleyes: She's purposely lit hers on fire with the oven and the microwave heehee. And she's so funny, she puts them in the shower, then pulls off the curtain and puts them in the middle of the road lol. She laughs so hard haha

LOL, I'm gonna report you to the police!:D :D I do that with my Sims, too! LOL, how do you breed the dogs and cats?

bluekat
05-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
LOL, I'm gonna report you to the police!:D :D I do that with my Sims, too! LOL, how do you breed the dogs and cats?
You could breed them by having one male and female dog or cat together in the same house for a long time. Then they start to be very good friends, and only when they like each other, it will ask you if you want to breed them. But only one baby at a time, too bad. and the bad part is that the babies are only the two colors of their mom or dad. They never have different colors. I've only bred cats, and I will start with dogs soon:)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Ok, thanks, going to go and try that on Sims Unleashed right now! Thanks again!:) ;)

wolfsoul
05-04-2003, 02:00 PM
My friend told me that the people actually talk about having a baby. :p She said that one of the adults says "do you want to have a baby?" And that the other says yes and jumps into the other person's arms!! :D lol

*LabLoverKEB*
05-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that's what they do for the people when they have a baby!

LOL, Sims is soooooo addicting! Kinda like Pet Talk! But not as bad!:D

Right now my sister is trying to breed this GSD and this Yellow Lab together on Sims, and their relationship is 100, I don't know why it's not doing it? Wierd!

ScantyNebula
05-09-2003, 07:07 PM
To use downloaded objects, you need to put them in a folder according to the type of object. For example, for objects like lamps, cupboards, tables are normally named (something.iff) and you would just copy and paste them into C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Downloads (assuming you installed the sims into your program files directory)

Downloaded floors go: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Floors

Walls: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Walls

Skins: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData\Skins

You get the idea... that should work :) hope it helps

bluekat
05-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks Scantynebula, I haven't tried yet, thanks for telling me!

bluekat
05-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
My friend told me that the people actually talk about having a baby. :p She said that one of the adults says "do you want to have a baby?" And that the other says yes and jumps into the other person's arms!! :D lol
That's interesting, I never knew that could happen.

ScantyNebula
05-10-2003, 07:52 PM
if you keep making your sims kiss each other, eventually a dialog box will come up saying "would you like to have a baby?" and you choose yes or no. ;) I've had lots of em LOL

CamCamPup33
05-10-2003, 08:33 PM
omg i need to get it! it sounds like so much fun :( im missing out on it.. :rolleyes: lol.. Well i will be coming to u guys when i need help on something. so be prepared! im gonna hve to get it soon.. my birthday is may 25 so maybe that will be my present.. lol! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
05-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
if you keep making your sims kiss each other, eventually a dialog box will come up saying "would you like to have a baby?" and you choose yes or no. ;) I've had lots of em LOL

Yes, that is exactley how you make them have a baby! :) ;)

ScantyNebula
05-10-2003, 11:30 PM
heh its such an addictive game .. I haven't played in a while now, i was doing good with it tho. I made my guy sim propose to a girl sim, she accepted they got married and she moved in with him. So then I got them both working on improving their jobs...I got them at the highest level they could get .. they were both mad scientists LOL making like 1000 (simoleons) a day.