PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

AmberLee
05-02-2003, 12:57 AM
A friend brought this short story to my attention, and I thought some of you might be interested, too.

How Could You? (http://www.crean.com/jimwillis/hcy.html)

PayItForward
05-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Warning.
That story is so sad. I just started crying.
People should have a license to adopt pets. :(

moosmom
05-02-2003, 06:06 AM
I can't stop crying!! As soon as I read the word "hypodermic" I burst into tears! Such a sad story and SO true. A license should be required for adopting animals AND having children. Some people shouldn't have either! :mad:

It happens all the time, unfortunately. :(

jenluckenbach
05-02-2003, 06:11 AM
I've read this before, but I still read it again knowing full well I'd be down right bawling by the time I got to the end. I just wished that the people who really NEED to read this, WOULD. :(

PayItForward
05-02-2003, 06:46 AM
I just wished that the people who really NEED to read this, WOULD.

I agree but those who need to, don't have compassion. How else could they abandon the pets in the first place.
:mad:

Pam
05-02-2003, 07:01 AM
I have read this before too, but each time I read it I cry all over again. I agree with everyone else - too bad the people who need to see this probably never will, or worse yet won't even care, although I simply cannot imagine someone not being tremendously moved by this. :(

HayleyRosie
05-02-2003, 07:23 AM
I have also read this story before but again I cried.:( I agree with the others. I wish that the people who really need to read this would.

bluekat
05-02-2003, 07:55 AM
I have tears running down my face now as I type this, it was a very sad story:( I agree with you guys, I hope also that people who need to read this would.:( :( :(

anna_66
05-02-2003, 08:07 AM
I've also read it before, but it hits me just the same everytime:(

Dakota's Mommy
05-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Yes, truly a tear jerker!

wolfsoul
05-02-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm crying :( That's so sad...I hate crying...Poor doggy :(

Randi
05-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Too sad!! :( :( I agree, people should have a licence to have pets!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-02-2003, 12:48 PM
I havent read it and I dont want to.

I am still trying to recover from seeing a cat with 3 kittens at my local shelter yesterday - a group of young boys caught her and poked out one eye - they were busy with the second one when a kind sould put themslef in danger to rescue her. Thankfully she has retained the use of her one good eye, and has given birth to three of the sweetest kittens I have ever seen. And, unbeleivably, she still purrs and snuggles humans. How animals show such power of forginvess is beyond me. All i know is that one day those boys will have to acount for their actions...and they will get what they deserve.

bluekat
05-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Ally Cat's mommy- I agree with you, I don't have any clue how an animal could still trust humans after being abused like that.
I hope that those boys get what they deserve, doing that to a poor innocent animal:(

thelwell2003
05-02-2003, 01:46 PM
that story is just sooooooooooooooo sad. no matter how hard i try i just cant stop crying! I just wish people that needed to would read that!!:(

lovemyshiba
05-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Like so many of you, I have read that before, but read it again, and now I'm crying again. It is a heartbreaking story, because it happens every day.:( :(

lizbud
05-02-2003, 03:24 PM
AmberLee,

Thanks for passing along this story.It is sad.:( I truely wish
it were the other way round in nature.The neglected animals
could just drop off their humans at a nearby shelter & find new
folks to live with. I wish they had the choice.:(

another story on the site was "I Loved You Best", I really liked
that one as well.

I Loved You Best
Copyright © Jim Willis 2002,
all rights reserved

So this is where we part, My Friend,
and you'll run on, around the bend,
gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,
life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take with you this...I loved you best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Holy cow... I'm usually not such a baby... but when it got to this part-

She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago. She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How could you?"

I burst into tears. Sorry- too emotional... that is heart-breaking....

HoRsELUvR
05-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I cant beleive anyone would treat their dog like that.That story was so sad.:(