PDA

View Full Version : Henry the Pit Bull

Desert Arabian
05-01-2003, 10:57 PM
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/Henry.jpg

This is Henry, a Pit Bull at HAWS (Humane Animal Welfare Society) Humane Society, in Waukesha Wisconsin. He has a white stripe, as you can see, and white toes, and I think he has a white belly.He has been there since January, he is the oldest dog there- not age wise, but staying there wise. I have been going on the website just about everyday hoping that I won't see his picture on there, meaning he found a new home- but it is always there. I don't know why he can't find a home, he is the sweetest little pie ever. I got to see him about two months ago, and he made me feel funny inside. A funny kind of love, I guess you could call it, it was a weird feeling- hard to explain. My heart aches for Henry, I want to adopt him so bad. His little "bark", is so squeeky and cute, and his little stringy tail never stopped wagging. This makes me so sad :( , I can't even begin to tell you how sad I am. Today in study hall, I started thinking about him out of the bloom, and my eyes started to water (good thing nobody saw me, lol).

Geeze, I can't imagine having to live in a 4'x4' (if even) kennel, on bare cement with a crumpled up rug. I don't even think his paws have touched a blade of grass since he's been there. The smell is awful, after all there are like 18 dogs peeing and poopooing all day long. :( I hope he finds a home, SOON, and he can have a nice comfy bed to sleep on, grass on his pads, fresh air to breathe, and someone to love.

:( :( :( :( :(

I love Henry. Please pray/hope he finds a home. Please.

Kater
05-01-2003, 11:01 PM
Henry is adorable!:D:D I will be praying that he gets his forever home soon. Poor thing. :(

Cisco's Mom
05-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Cisco & I will also pray for that forever home!! So many babies....:(

anna_66
05-02-2003, 08:40 AM
Poor thing:( He deserves a wonderful forever home, I hope he gets one soon.

mugsy
05-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Is that a no kill shelter? Does he get along with other dogs?? What is his bio and I'll pass it around.

lovemyshiba
05-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Henry looks so cute!!
I can't imagine being there either, the thought of it makes me so sad.
I hope finds a loving and caring forever home--please keep us posted.

Desert Arabian
05-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Yes, it is a no-kill shelter. This is the shelter where Dudley came from. Here is the website in case you want to see it: HAWS (http://www.hawspets.org)

You can e-mail them with any questions, Mugsy. The people there are extremely nice. It is a rather small shelter.

Kfamr
05-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Awww.. I'd take him in a heartbeat! wish i could!:( Poor boy.:(

primabella
05-02-2003, 03:57 PM
He's such a sweety - and I love his markings. What a shame. It is so sad to know nobody would adopt him. :(

Hopefully someone good will come by and give Henry the home he deserves. Please let us know if any good news comes by.

Desert Arabian
05-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Prima- don't worry I will let everyone know if he gets adopted. Maybe he'll be there long enough until I turn 18, then I can adopt him. :rolleyes: At this rate he probably will be. :(

primabella
05-02-2003, 04:15 PM
As great a home as you would give him, I really wish that that won't happen. (I want him to find a home sooner :D)

Desert Arabian
05-02-2003, 04:20 PM
lol, I know, I think the same thing!

hehe.

micki76
05-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Oh, YLL. I'm crying now. I always feel so bad for the ones that stay in the shelter the longest. I wish he could at least find a foster home. When you said his paws haven't touched a blade of grass since he's been there, well, that was what started the water works. If the shelter's close to you, could you volunteer there to take the dogs for walks or out into a play area? :(

Desert Arabian
05-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Trust me, I already looked into it. You have to be 18 or older to volunteer there. As soon as I turn 18, I will volunteer there.

For now, I just have to sit here and dream and wish I could.