PDA

View Full Version : Just knew I could tell this story here!

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to tell the story that happened to me today. I thought it was "cute and funny".
While I was shopping this morning there was this "HUGE" St. Bernard in the back of the truck. His owner went into the drug store. Well, it wasn't 5 minutes later that it started to thunder and then hail and this dog jumped out of the truck and into the Pharmacy looking for his owner. Thank God he didn't get hurt or break anything (they have a gift shop to the right as soon as you walk in) but it was kinda funny to see this huge dog in the store.
I was amazed that he knew which store his owner went into. There are many stores, as it is in the plaza.
The clerks couldn't believe that he was that afraid of the thunder.Well, he did find his owner and she put him in the cab of the truck with her on the way home.

Now that I typed it maybe "you really did have to be there!"????;)

captain
05-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Nope!!! I got the "vision" just the same!!!

How gorgeous!

jenluckenbach
05-01-2003, 07:49 PM
I wish I could have seen that!:eek:

lizbud
05-01-2003, 08:07 PM
WOW, that was one very smart dog and one very lucky
person. I hope they realise how dangerous it is to leave an
animal in an open truck like that.The dog could have been
frightened enough to bolt into traffic.:eek: Smart dog.:)

lovemyshiba
05-01-2003, 08:24 PM
What a site!! I have it pictured in my head right now, and it's funny. Kinda like the dog I found at Wegmann's one day--the lady left him in her van, she went in shopping--he jumped out the window, and headed straight for the store--none of the others in the plaza, just where she was!!
So glad to hear that he didn't cause any accidents!!!

iwuvsmypuppy
05-01-2003, 09:33 PM
aww.. it just goes to show how much the dogs need their humans

Karen
05-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Smart doggie! Glad the shop owners didn't freak! Musn't have had anything at "coffee table level" which a Saint Bernard's tail will sweep off in one happy swipe of tail! :)

anna_66
05-02-2003, 09:35 AM
How amazing! I would have loved to see that!
And who said dogs aren't smart;)

RogueFerret
05-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Gotta love them big Saint Banard babies.:D Just goes to show what sweethearts they are.

bluekat
05-02-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm glad the dog found his owner, I would've loved to see that too!

Dakota's Mommy
05-02-2003, 10:26 AM
LOL, I can really pictures that!

Dakota once jumped out of the Camry while Brian was out of the car at the ATM. He was parked next to it and told her to stay. While he was getting us money, she jumped out, walked right up to him and sat down next to him. He heard the lady behind him kind of jump so he looked to see why when he found Dakota by his side! And that's exactly why I won't leave the girls in a vehicle alone!