PDA

View Full Version : alligator

marysmerrycats
05-01-2003, 07:08 PM
last night on tv they showed, in Texas, a guy that was dragging a alligator by a rope tied to the back of his truck!! people were yelling at him to stop. then he shot it! I know they had to remove the gator from the residenital neighborhood, but why did he have to drag it, and then shoot it? it was very sad, cruel!:mad: :mad:

Cheshirekatt
05-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I saw that! If he was going to just shoot it anyway, why did he drag it first? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-01-2003, 07:18 PM
WHAT A JERK!!!!!!!:mad: Like he was teaching that alligator a lesson or something... When are people going to learn that animals are part of this world too... we can't punish them for donig and being what is natural for them to do/be!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

marysmerrycats
05-01-2003, 07:33 PM
and he worked in the game dept., fish and game..
I say we all take him and tie him up and drag him a few feet, see how he likes it!

Cheshirekatt
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
and he worked in the game dept., fish and game..
I say we all take him and tie him up and drag him a few feet, see how he likes it!

Sometimes the wildlife dept is the worst. When I was still doing wildlife rescue we got in a mother cougar and and 2 cubs. We rehabbed them until they were ready to go (risking life and limb I might add....these were WILD cougars!). Well, it's the wildlife dept's job to release them. We found out from a source in the wildlife dept that the warden had instructions to take the cougars out and shoot them! It was terrible.....we just couldn't believe it! We solved it by "leaking" the release to the press and a news station picked up the story and wanted to cover it. So they had no choice but to actually release them. But if we hadn't found out the truth.......:mad:

moosmom
05-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Why didn't someone report him to his employer?? If he's like that with an alligator, I can only imagine what he'd be like with other wildlife.

Sara,

I agree with you! I think people need to realize that these animals were on this earth LOOOOOOONG before we were.

Uabassoon
05-01-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm glad that I didn't see that because just hearing about it makes me sick.

marysmerrycats
05-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Why didn't someone report him to his employer??

they did, and it is "under investigation" yeah like we will ever hear the results of that investigation... I still say drag the b-------, just a few feet, just so he gets a taste of what it felt like!

just hearing about it makes me sick.

me too, I was sickened!
and very
:mad: :mad: