PDA

View Full Version : International Travel with Pet

BigA
08-02-2000, 03:58 PM
I have been considering moving out of the US and was wondering if anyone knew of a comprehensive listing of quarantine requirements for pets. I know, for instance, that the UK requires 6 months quarantine if the pet is coming from certain countries (US included). Any help would be appreciated.

karen israel
08-03-2000, 08:55 AM
You can check with each country's consulate
I may be able to get you those phone numbers if you advise which ones you want. I swear I recently heard that the UK no longer requires quarantine. yay! You can email me if you want. Let me know where you live

BigA
08-03-2000, 09:10 AM
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure as to where I want to go...it kind of hinges on what the requirements are. I don't want to leave my dog in quarantine for too long, so that will weigh heavily on my decision making process. As for the UK, the do still require six months unless your pet has resided in an acceptable country for the last six months and has a letter of health among other things. The US is NOT one of those states. They are going to consider adding the US to that list in early 2001. At least that is what I read on www.maff.gov.uk. (http://www.maff.gov.uk.) I currently live in North Carolina. Thanks again for your reply.

BigA
08-03-2000, 09:11 AM
Of course I meant that the US is NOT one of those COUNTRIES...not states.