PDA

View Full Version : May: the time of the year I'll always remember my Katz

Kirsten
05-01-2003, 12:28 PM
You know, before I had Luna, I shared my life with my tux girl Katz, and it broke my heart when she went to the Rainbow Bridge.

She'll have a special place in my heart forever, and these are the days, the first days of May, when she is especially close to me.

Today, May 1, would be her 17th birthday, and next Saturday, May 3, will be the 3rd anniversary of her passing.

Her heart has been sick (enlarged), and she went to the Rainbow Bridge on May 3rd, 2000, only two days after her 14th birthday.

This is her memorial page: http://www.remembering-katz.de.vu

Katz, May 1, 1986 - May 3, 2000

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0003/cats/katz1.jpg

R.I.P. mein Kleines, I'll love you forever!

Love,
Kirsten

HayleyRosie
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Katz. The tribute page you have created is wonderful. The two of you must of had a great friendship.

Still in tears,

Randi
05-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Kirsten, it's no wonder that you miss Katz, she looks so sweet on the picture. In fact quite similar to dear old Pjevs in our backyard - ohh, the expression in her face!! :) I don't know how I'll cope when Pjevs goes, he is so very dear to me!

How long did you have her?

Rest in Peace dear Katz! :)

Barbara
05-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Katz is a beauty. Every cat is different and nobody can replace another..... But It's good you have new friend in Luna:)

jenluckenbach
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
It is good to remember your past loved ones on their days. And after 14 years it is especially hard to say good bye. She is smiling at you from the RB because you keep her so close in your heart.

Kirsten
05-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Yes, Katz and I shared a wonderful time. The years she was with me were the happiest of my life (not only because of her, but it seems after her passing, a lot of things went wrong for me).

Randi, I had her for 14 years. The first time I saw her, she was two days old (her mommy lived with friends of mine). So you can say I knew her for exactly 14 years, from May 3, 1986 - May 3, 2000. She came to me at the age of 6 1/2 weeks.

Yes, Luna made it much easier for me to deal with the loss, she was my little sunshine after Katz went to the Rainbow Bridge and filled my heart with joy again. I love her very very much!

When I decided soon after Katz' death that I would have another cat, I thought I better do not chose one that looks like her. I didn't want to compare them 'cause that wouldn't have been fair for the new kitten. And that's why I got a little tabby girl - Luna! :)

Kirsten

slick
05-01-2003, 04:55 PM
My gosh I've been doing so well without crying for a couple of weeks, then I read this.:( :( What a beautiful tribute! Katz and you must have had a wonderful time together. My Speckles is 16 and I know one day I'm going to have to face the same thing and it tears my heart out thinking about it, so I'll stop.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful memory with us. I'm sure Katz is watching over you and approves of little Luna.

kimlovescats
05-01-2003, 05:16 PM
What a beautiful Tuxie she was! My condolences at this difficult time of year!:(

Kirsten
05-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Kim!

Slick, I'll always remember the years with my girl as very good years, and she has been an important part of it. I wish from all my heart that you'll still have some wonderful years left with your Speckles!

Kirsten

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Now it's May 3, 10 pm - the hour I buried her 3 years ago... Strange how we never miss these special dates, and how precisely we remember these painful hours, and even years later the pain is still so near - as well as the love we'll always have for our little friends....

Kirsten

Cataholic
05-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Kirsten,
Special thoughts are going to you at this most difficult time of the year. Thank you for sharing your love of Katz with us, I know Katz feels it to. Blessings!
Johanna

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Johanna!

Kirsten