PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect anything?

primabella
04-30-2003, 03:45 PM
I thought this up after reading a post and thought it would be cool to see some replies. (Sorry if it has been done before :o )
Do you collect anything? If so, what?

I used to be really into rocks (don't ask, we were learning about them and I got into them :rolleyes: ) so I tried collecting those nice gems you buy. It didn't get me far, especially since my dad thought buying something you can find on the floor was dumb. Next, I wanted to collect Beanie Babies but that brought me nowhere also. I also wanted to collect keychains and have a pretty nice collection but I'm not into it very much anymore :o

Bottom line - I like to start collections I never finish ;)

What about you guys? Is anyone "successful" with their collections? :p

ramanth
04-30-2003, 03:46 PM
I collect dragons and certain Star Wars memorbilia. :)

Or anything fantasyish. My current favorite is the Sting (Frodo's sword) replica I have.

bluekat
04-30-2003, 04:07 PM
I collect lots of stuff, and no, I'm not successful in finishing any collections. I used to collect pencils, erasers, stamps, and alot of useless junk. Now, I collect postcards(I have about 400! I want to get some from all over the world), books( well, not really) bookmarks(only nice ones), ummmm, there's more, but I can't think of anymore now.
Oh yeah, I'd loke to collect cats:p , and I'm also trying to collect some more money, lol! I've been collecting money for a long time, I wish I was successful in that!

Desert Arabian
04-30-2003, 04:28 PM
I collect any and all Lord of the Rings items: cards, books, posters, etc. I also like to collect Breyer horses, and Labrador Retriever items.

Please don't take this offensively or anything........

I also like to collect animal skulls to study/research. I know that sounds nasty, but it is really neat. I collect them up at my cottage. Sorry if that is offensive to anyone! I have deer skulls, a cow skull, skunk skull, and I used to have a beaver skull. I also have a bunch of turkey feathers which I found at the end of the cottage drive way. I also like to take pictures of animal tracks. I have pictures of wolf, coyote,deer, turkey, squirrel, raccoon, etc. :) I know..I am very odd, lol, too bad! :p

lovemyshiba
04-30-2003, 04:37 PM
I collect dogs:cool:
j/k:)
I have a big huge box full of beanie babies--that got me nowhere also!! I used to collect spoons from different places--I think my aunt started that when I was small--again, useless!!

I also like to collect money, but it never seems to stay when I collect it--probably has something to do with those dogs I keep collecting.;)

Desert Arabian
04-30-2003, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Beanie Babies...I have over 150- they are all in the basement, I forgot about them. :o :o

Cookiebaker
04-30-2003, 04:41 PM
My entire dining room is birdhouses...so I like to find anything with birdhouses to add to that collection.

I also like to collection kitty and dog figurines. I don't have too many...yet! ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2003, 04:53 PM
I too have BOXES of Beanies in the basement! There are certain book authors I collect, CD's, music boxes, giraffes, and Noah's ark things. I think that is about it....

The Cat Factory
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
I collect DVD's, Video Games, Video Game Consoles, Star Trek Stuff, LOTR Stuff, Cat Stuff...

Nomilynn
04-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Cat stuff and Eeyore stuff :)

Tina
04-30-2003, 05:37 PM
I like to collect animal figurines,stuff animals,pictures,blankets anything that has a animal on it(especially horses) I'm also collect ford mustang stuff(well my husband and I) I think that is about it. My husand and I also have a pretty good CD collection but I'm not forsure how many we have now. Oh,and I love to collect anything has to do with cows my kitchen has some cow stuff in it like dishes,pictures,mugs,and figurines.

AmylovesMisty
04-30-2003, 05:38 PM
I just have beanie babies..but i dont really collect them..my life is too hectic to collect things..

moosmom
04-30-2003, 05:50 PM
I collect unique cat figurines from all over the world. Everytime I go somewhere, that's what I look for. When I was a CT Auxiliary State Trooper, I collected pig figurines. :D Go figure.

Tweety_Pie
04-30-2003, 06:01 PM
I collect Beanie Babies ... right now I have over 200! :eek: :D

I also collect Teddy Bears. I used to collect rocks, but I had no room for them so I gave them to my grandma.

I also collect glass that has been washed up onto beaches. I will get a pic later so you know what I'm talking about:)

marysmerrycats
04-30-2003, 06:49 PM
yeah... I collect cats! the live kind, and the ceramic kind LOL

Chinadoll
04-30-2003, 06:57 PM
critters?! j/k

books-I love books...paperback collection is around 1000 and slowly working my way into the hundreds for hardbacks

unique pewter figurines...mostly dragons, but really anything unique...my favorite is a pewter dragon wearing a gas mask holding a sign that says No Smoking

pennies-every few years I'll cash them all in, usually about $30 to $40

slick
04-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Cat ornaments. All kinds. I have bookcase full of cats, ceramics, cloth, you name it.

It's a dusting nightmare :eek: I'm sorry I started it and now I can't stop.:eek:

todd
04-30-2003, 08:19 PM
I collect post cards

zippy-kat
04-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Bunnies! Bunnies! Bunnies!
I esp. love Michel & Co's Beatrix Potter stuff. VERY cute!

I haven't added to this in quite awhile but...
When I was little I started a "Whisker Box." It was just a small rectangular coffee can that I decorated with stickers. If I found a cat whisker or (in the case of Tinker) a baby tooth, I'd glue/tape it to a piece of paper, label it, and place it in the can.

Fuzzy317
04-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Growing up, I collected coins and some stamps. I am still collecting coins. I go through my change before I spend it.

You might say I am collecting transport miles, too. After this weekend, the total should be over 2500 this year. :D

Uabassoon
04-30-2003, 10:40 PM
I collect a lot of things, well some things I've stopped collecting but I still have my collections. I used to collect beanie babies, I have a lot of those but now that I'm in school I don't really have the money to buy them anymore. Sometimes my mom will still send me some in the mail. I also have a collection of pokemon toys, stuffed animals (mostly monkeys), and star trek toys.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-30-2003, 10:50 PM
originally posted by Tina
I love to collect anything has to do with cows

HA!!!
Me too!
I fell in love with cows when I was around 7 and have been collecting them ever sence!!! I always get a cow or two for my birthday and Christmas!... then when I got married I mooved (ha ha) them all into the kitchen... and now I have a cow kitchen!!!

(i used to have a cow in my signature... now it is just a red x):(

KYS
04-30-2003, 10:52 PM
I used to collect teddy bears, dolls and
figurines.
Of course anything Akita re-lated.

I still have some toys from when I was a kid
like Troll dolls, rubber animals, and I still have my model horses too.
When I go camping, I always bring back a couple of small
Rocks, and shells (if I can find them) and
place them in my back yard. (of course I can never
remember where I got it from) lol

Uabassoon
04-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I still have some toys from when I was a kid
like Troll dolls

LOL I remember collecting those when I was a kid, now I think they are really creepy and ugly.

RubyMutt
04-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Yes :D I have always loved wolves and have a large collection of wolf items, books, paintings, etc... :) I am planning on getting a wolf tattoo someday soon also.
I also collect candles & candle holders & incense & incense holders. As well as picture frames (although I'm running out of room for all of them :rolleyes:...)
Whenever I go on a vacation or road trip somewhere I always pick up a beanie baby where ever we stop, so I have a little collection of them too :)

RubyMutt
04-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
My current favorite is the Sting (Frodo's sword) replica I have.

That is so awesome! I'm a LOTR fanatic! (I forgot to add that I also collect anything Tolkien related) ... I already have my elvish tattoo... :rolleyes: (it's also my middle name)

Corinna
04-30-2003, 11:16 PM
I collect lighthouses and carousal animals . Music boxes of both. Also the red rose tea figures.

Cheshirekatt
04-30-2003, 11:28 PM
I collect anything Cheshire Cat...it's starting to over-run my house now. :D Hehe. And here's a picture of my other obsession....shoes. I think I'm over 150 pairs now.

RubyMutt
04-30-2003, 11:31 PM
:eek: OMG! so... many... shoes... *drools* I'm jealous ;)

Cheshirekatt
04-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
:eek: OMG! so... many... shoes... *drools* I'm jealous ;)

And belive it or not....I have a whole spare bedroom as my closet. Hehe. I have just as many clothes as shoes. :D Oh, and I also "own" the big closet in the master bedroom. *spoiled*

05-01-2003, 07:03 AM
I collect little cat-items!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%202.jpg

mugs with cats on
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%203.jpg

miniature animal soaps
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%204.jpg

how about this cat-watch!!;) :cool: :cool:
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/katten-horloge.jpg

and more cats...
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%205%20magnets.jpg

My hubby call me cat-crazy...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

moosmom
05-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Cheshirekatt,

OMG!!! We have another Imelda Marcos amongst us!! ;)

anna_66
05-01-2003, 08:06 AM
My biggest and favorite collection is my Barbies. I have around 200 or so, some cheapies and others that are quiet expensive. I also have a few old ones from when I was really a kid:p
I also collect:
~Disney movies (I was hoping to have children one day:) )
~50 cent pieces (don't know how that started!)
~Danbuy, Hamilton, Lennox plates with Betty Boop, wildlife animals & one set has wolves and indians
~matches (these are great because they are free!!)
~Keychains & keys from our old cars (I have a big shoebox full:o

There are lots of other things I've started to collect, but gave up
:rolleyes:

Nice Thread Prima!

Dogz
05-01-2003, 08:11 AM
I actually collect "collectable" dogs! I have a shelf for them, but I started only a couple of years ago.
I also collect animal beanie babies. They have their own shelf too!

bluekat
05-01-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
I also collect glass that has been washed up onto beaches. I will get a pic later so you know what I'm talking about:)
Yep, I know what youu're talking about, I collect those too. They're very beautiful, and very smooth.

ramanth
05-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
That is so awesome! I'm a LOTR fanatic! (I forgot to add that I also collect anything Tolkien related) ... I already have my elvish tattoo... :rolleyes: (it's also my middle name)
Hey! That's awesome in it's own right! If I wasn't such a baby about needles, I'd likely get the same kind of tattoo. How unique! :D

Dakota's Mommy
05-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Let's see, where do I start! I used to collect Beanie Babies but not as much any more, I'm more picky on the ones that I buy instead of just having to have them all! Brian would think that I collected shoes just because I do have a lot of pairs and probably thinks the same thing about clothes, but those aren't my real collections. Hum, what else:

Movies: I guess, I do have over 350 previously recorded movies between my VHS and DVD collections

CD's: I guess this too since I've got around 585 cd's!

Some Disney Stuff

Some Looney Tunes Stuff

AND the thing I really like to collect:

SHOT GLASSES: I've got over 105 of them in my house and people are constantly sending me more when they go somewhere on vacation and find one! I love it! (These are used to for decoration!)

Cheshirekatt
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
SHOT GLASSES: I've got over 105 of them in my house and people are constantly sending me more when they go somewhere on vacation and find one! I love it! (These are used to for decoration!)

Oh yeah! I forgot shot glasses! I just started collecting them in the past couple of years but they're fun. I also collect sterling silver charms for my charm braclets. I have 3 full ones nows.

primabella
05-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks for replying everyone! Very interesting...hehehe :D

I forgot to add I also *used* collect junk like pencils. Not the brown ones, the nice colorful ones. I even have the Spice Girls' ones even if I never really liked them. Maybe they'll be worth something some day :p

Uabassoon
05-01-2003, 05:44 PM
I forgot to ad that I also collect garbage pail kids.

Cookiebaker
05-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I forgot to ad that I also collect garbage pail kids.

hahahah!!! :D I remember those from when I was a kid!! I had forgotten all about them!! :D