PDA

View Full Version : Georgia had an earthquake today!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-30-2003, 01:27 AM
:eek: WOW.....

I didn't feel a thing however... the newspaper said it was only a 4.9 and it only lasted 10 to 20 seconds...

they had a poll asking the people what they thought it was at first.....
and most answered... i'm from California.. you call that an earthquake.. but 5 idiots said they thought it was a bear....
A BEAR :confused:
Why was that even an option for an answer?!?!?!?!?!

Fuzzy317
04-30-2003, 02:31 AM
I was at work when it occured, about 5:01 am on 4/29.

My chair shook a little, and some things on the shelves behind me shook some. I thought it was either something fell in the office/warehouse behind me, or maybe the dumpster outside was dropped after it was emptied.

Some people on night shift felt more. My office must be too stable to have felt much. It was so light here, no one at home felt it enough to wake.

I told the day shift person, I bet he could go to downtown Atlanta and find some t-shirts of

I survived the 2003 earthquake

:D

I heard the epicenter was 15 miles south of Chattanooga, TN, right at the Georgia/Alabama state line.

Barbara
04-30-2003, 02:45 AM
I'm getting old -I read the headline and asked myself: How did Cataholic's Georgia get an earthquake:eek: :eek: :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-30-2003, 05:49 AM
Oh I felt it! The whole room shook and it threw me out of bed!! I thought it was a dream and hopped back in. When my coworkers told me that we had an earthquake, my little episode made more sense!

ramanth
04-30-2003, 09:12 AM
You know.. I swear Michigan had a small tremor around 8:15 p.m. on the 28th.

I was laying on the floor being still trying to coax Little Boy to come to me. Suddenly he ran into the cat carrier, Zam started meowing and Kia whimpered.

There was no train, semi, loud music or anything but the floor began to vibrate and my sun catcher was clinking against the window.

Then it stopped.

Hope everyone in GA is okay!

Tweety_Pie
04-30-2003, 09:20 AM
here in Ottawa (Ontario), We rarely get earthquakes. We have had them before but not big ones just little trembles. But there is a quarry(sp?) near my house and they blow up rocks, and it makes the ground shake. It's kinda neat, but not at 7:00 A.M.!!!

RubyMutt
04-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Eek :eek: I hate earthquakes! We had one a little over a week ago. Luckily I was asleep and didn't feel a thing :D

AmberLee
04-30-2003, 11:53 PM
Wow, that's startling. Glad you all are okay.

RICHARD
05-01-2003, 05:06 PM
come out to CA and get the feel of a REAL earthquake!!!!

lol......

NoahsMommy
05-01-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
come out to CA and get the feel of a REAL earthquake!!!!

lol......
hee hee!!! I hope we don't have one any time soon though.....I'd have a terrible time pulling my husband out from under the bed. :rolleyes:

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-01-2003, 06:06 PM
I told the day shift person, I bet he could go to downtown Atlanta and find some t-shirts of
I survived the 2003 earthquake

ha!! ha!! ha!!

with the way Atlanta acts for just a little bit of snow... i bet you could!!!:D

HoRsELUvR
05-01-2003, 06:56 PM
well its good that it wasnt a bad earthquake.they thought it was a bear?lol thats interesting