PDA

View Full Version : Meet our newest bottle baby!!!! :D

luckies4me
04-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Well I have another rescue, my first of the year. He is around 3 weeks old now, but I have had him since last Thursday. :) Since I haven't been online in a week I haven't been able to brag about my little guy. I want to name him either Lucky or J.D. but since I have had those names before Dan wants another name. :rolleyes: Uh Hum, he wants to name him Biggy Smalls! :confused:

Anywho, he was brought into the clinic by a lady. His mom was a feral. He is amazingly sweet and is starting to bat at my fingers. He's a big pig so I have to watch how much he eats. He will suck down a whole bottle in one sitting if you let him!

Here are some pictures of my newest little guy. He will be up for adoption after he is tested, vaccinated and neutered. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p72b493d98e4ae93484502a54a15212b6/fc3e81c3.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7981b231c0811d4b381aa01b9eddd28f/fc3e8216.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pbc4246abe5f1add4d4a8468a12add8dd/fc3e826f.jpg

luckies4me
04-29-2003, 10:07 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pd2aa5c85f6c182c035e5e7d7e91705f9/fc3e8241.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p90fd34271681e6d74a4da548e45e5d8c/fc3e8288.jpg

Sorry the pics aren't too clear but I will be taking a few more tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sunny. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Awwwww he's so cute. :) He sure is a cute little fluffball. :)

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Thanks! :D It's actually time for his late night feeding right now so I better be heading off to bed. ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-30-2003, 12:23 AM
So Cute - I am getting broody!

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Just a couple more pics before I head off to bed:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pb5eae46e2de9d0ea4068a54222b3894c/fc3e817a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pbd41b6116d41a354c21ca6af54ee62da/fc3e813d.jpg

Will take more tomorrow :) Good night everyone!

Barbara
04-30-2003, 02:40 AM
He looks as if he's going to get long hair -he'll look like KAK's Storm:)

HayleyRosie
04-30-2003, 06:28 AM
OMG!!! I wish I could take him! Can't wait to see more pictures as he grows.

IttyBittyKitty
04-30-2003, 06:49 AM
**SQUEALS IN HIGH PITCHED VOICE** "He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I agree - I think he will be a little fluffball just like Storm!

ramanth
04-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Such a sweet baby. :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Wow! What an adorable little baby!

kimlovescats
04-30-2003, 10:01 AM
How precious! So glad he has you to care for him. Thanks for the pics... keep them coming!!!
;)

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone. :) I too think he is going to have longer hair, but I think it will be more medium than long long. Sort of like a MainCoon cats fur?

Everyone thinks he has a bit of Persian in him as his face is a little compacted lol. His ears also point forward than all the other kittens I have bottle fed.

I weighed him yesterday at work and he weighed 364 grams, so he has already gained 20 grams since I first had him. He's a ham that's for sure. He likes to stare up at you with those big eyes. He's so funny.

I can't wait til he starts running around and eating solids. He's going to have so many toys. Want to know something VERY cool? Well I don't think any of you know, but Cheetah had a litter of kittens shortly after Dylan was born. Not planned that's for sure. Well, Sandra, a lady who had adopted my favorite kitten out of the bunch, Tailchaser (named after the book) called me the other day to let me know that she was moving to Salem OR and wanted to stop by and bring me a picture of my baby! :D I was so excited to hear from her and get to see an updated picture of my TailChaser. So hopefully today if she has time she is going to stop by with the picture.

It makes me to happy to see that my kittens went to great homes. BTW Cheetah is now fixed lol. That was her first and last litter. ;) But anyways, that made me really happy. In November we all will get together and have our second birthday party for the litter! It's going to be so fun and I cannot wait. Sorry to ramble on and on but this just gets me excited. When you place animals that is what you strive for. To place them into loving homes and that's what I got. It brings a smile to my face. :)

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey now that I look at Storm, I think we are going to have to have a Look a Like Contest! :D

K & L
04-30-2003, 10:42 AM
He's beautiful. I just love the coloring. What happen to the feral mom? Was she caught and fixed?

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't know. :( I told the lady that if she found the rest of the kittens she could bring them and the mom to me if she could catch them. Then I could spay the mom etc. All I know is that the mom moved the rest of the kittens. There are two other cats with litters as well.

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Hey now that I look at Storm, I think we are going to have to have a Look a Like Contest! :D Since I adopted Storm when he was around 1 year old, this kitten is what I imagine Storm would have looked like. Storm has the fur growing between his toes and he's a very large cat so I think he probably has some Maine Coone in him too. :)

luckies4me
04-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Storm is very cute. Although as you know I am fond of the second kitty in your sig...what is his name again? Cirrus?

I can't wait til this kitten gets a whee bit bigger so I can tell a little more how fluffy he will be. :) I am going to snap a few pics in a little bit so stay tuned......

catmandu
05-01-2003, 09:50 AM
How wonderful it is for the little one in that she has someone to keep her , to fill in for her real mother! please keep up the Good Work and keep on sending photos as she grows up!

luckies4me
05-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Sorry I didn't post any pics yesterday.

Today has been the worst day of my entire life! While getting ready for work this morning (both Dan and I) Dan left our bedroom door open.....it only took a second for my spycho rat to grab a hold of Dylans finger and bite all the way down to the bone! 5 stitches, an hour of bleeding and we are finally back from the ER and Dylan is knocked out from the Codein.

I knew I should have gotten rid of this rat, and the other three that came with her a long time ago. :( I am so stupid to have kept them here! :mad:

They are crazy and have never been held. Since the breeder breeds massively to supply Scamps, the babies are never socialized. I got these rats as breeders and they are crazy. The point was to tame them and find them new homes, but that didn't work out.

I know it's not that rats' fault that they are not social but I should have never taken them in. Dylans finger was mangled. The doe bit to the bone and our house is full of blood. I need to type all this to get it out. It was so horrible. They had to hold him down and put him in this cover thing so he couldn't move. When they stuck him with the needle to numb him I was crying so bad. He hates to be pinned down and he hated that more than his finger hurting.

So needless to say, I am home from work today! I am a wreck because now Dan wants all the rats gone. I have had some since babies, that I have bred and now he wants them gone. These four does in particular are gone for sure, back to their breeder and I damn well better get a refund! I am going to talk to Dan and see if I can keep my sweethearts. I have to, there is no way I can part with these guys. But my son comes first, and I do not want to risk this happening again. I am so pissed off at myself, and a little at Dan for leaving the door open as he knows these four does will bite through the bars.

I think I can persuade him to keep my sweet ratties, the ones I have raised, after the shock has worn off. I just never expected something like this to happen. It's very tramatic to have to watch your baby be held down while he gets stitched up. :(

I guess we learn from our mistakes and I have deffenately learnt from this one. I will never ever again have agressive rats in my house. I thought they could be tamed but I guess not.

Dylan has such character though. He was so cute this morning when we left the ER. He waved "bye-bye" with his big huge wrapped hand and it was so cute. Just makes your heart melt. :D Tomorrow we go to Dylans regular doctor and they rewrap it and check to see if he's going to need antibiotics. I sure hope not. This whole thing kinda makes me afraid of rats now.......

But anyways, the lady who has Cheetahs baby brought over a picture yesterday afternoon. Tailchaser, renamed Kaz is so huge! They got him a friend shortly after named Ozzy. It's so cool to see him all grown up. It's been almost two years. :eek: I will scan the pic later and post it so you all can see how cute he and his bro is. :D

luckies4me
05-01-2003, 12:46 PM
ok well that nap didn't last long. He is now sitting on my lap lol. :D He's going to be extra spoiled today. oh he wants to type hello to all the Pet Talkers. Here is Dylan:

ryjujhsrrrtjkk;pi'lujjrgrghytggrggggggggggggggfeee ee44444444444444444444

He's doi ng a lo t bb....he's doing a lot bette r than I thought lol. Still getting help typing. ;)

moosmom
05-10-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm just quoting what she said in her posts, in the HOPES that she takes her own advice. *sigh*

JGuitaristR
05-10-2003, 10:11 AM
moosmom... rock on.

IttyBittyKitty
05-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Come now, this forum is supposed to be friendly and supportive!

I know luckies was ill-advised to keep feral rats in the house BUT let's remember that cats and dogs (both feral and tame) have been known to attack humans ... but does that stop many people in these forums from trying their best to give all furrbabies of all types homes? Of course not! We are all united by our love of animals, let's not forget that luckies is doing a great job in looking after her little foster furrbaby.

Anyone who owns an animal runs a risk (my hands are covered in scratches from our little rascal) ... we just all have to be careful, that's all.

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 10:31 AM
The rat left the day this happened and so did the other three that came with her. Now, the others are semi tame, allowing you to pick them up but bite through the bars as I am assuming they were fed that way with treats before making it over to our house. They were not handled as babies which is why they are skittish etc. Now, of course I did not expect for something like this to happen, but it did and now I know that there are people out there without young children who would be better suited for rehabbing these type of rats.

My babies stayed here with me. :D They have been handled since birth so are very tame and sweet. I was encouraged by many many many people to euthanize the doe. I almost did, but decided that I will give her and the others a chance with my friend, whos children are older and who could spend more time trying to tame these animals. I have had skittish rats before, but none that were this way. Socialization at a young age makes a big difference. So now I have people angry at me for even thinking about putting the doe down, and others who think I am crazy for not euthanizing her that night. So it's a toss up. But if they can be rehabbed and able to live then I feel that is the best thing for them. After all, it's not their fault that their breeder did not spend any time with them while they were babies. So they are getting a second chance with someone a little more experienced with taming. :)

IttyBittyKitty
05-10-2003, 10:56 AM
That sounds like the best solution! With these sort of problems, it is often difficult to find the right answer - some people will advocate one solution, and other people will offer another. All you can do is think about what *you* think is best for the animal. I think that all four of the skittish ratties will be much better off in your friends house. Let us know how it goes and more pics of your cute foster furrbaby, please!!!

Tina
05-10-2003, 11:03 AM
First I just one to say your little foster kitten is so adorable!!

Second- I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about Dylan:( I hope that his finger heals quickly.

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 11:05 AM
There were several people asking me if I killed the doe, encouraging it. It made me sick.

As far as kitter katters, I am going to take some new pics today.I took some the other day but they came out dark because the sun had already started to go down. But I promise you will be seeing more shortly. :) He's getting so big! :eek: :eek:

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Tina

Second- I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about Dylan:( I hope that his finger heals quickly.

HAHA! You wouldn't even know this kid had something happen to him. What did he do as soon as we got back from the hospital? He decided he was going to climb the couch and run across the top, spin around a gazillion times and get dizzy and so many other things. It was amazing! He did sleep for a bit, but man he sure did bounce back quick. I actually have to take a picture of his finger because it was his first "Big owie". I wanted to get one with his wrapping but Dan took it off before I got the chance. :rolleyes:

So he is doing great and you would never know he hurt himself. I guess that's one of the pleasures of being a baby, you forget easily and recover quick. :)

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Oh and one more thing. :D He's starting to talk so much now. Yesterday on the way home from work, he was saying "Hi Dylan" lol. We would say hi to him and he would repeat us. It was so cute! :D He now says kitty cat, hi, hey, mom, dad, Hi Dylan, baby Dylan, big Dylan, and is trying to say the cats names.

Kirsten
05-10-2003, 01:16 PM
The little foster kitten is soooo cute - I love the pics you've posted!

I'm so sorry to hear about the rats, that entire day sounds like a real nightmare! :( Looks like you found the best solution possible. Poor Dylan, a speedy recovery to your brave little boy!

Kirsten

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone. He pulled a stitch out a little while ago and it bled a little, but it is healing fast. It didn't even get infected. His meds costs 48 dollars, can you believe it? :eek: I am just glad he's such a good boy and didn't play with his finger. He's left it alone. The stitch came out when he was playing and it got caught. It looks like it's healing very well and I am so happy about that. :)

moosmom
05-10-2003, 08:17 PM
I deleted my post. Everyone has seen my take on the whole situation. No need to dwell on it.

JGuitaristR,

Thank you! ;).

Luckies4me,

Be prepared for more dramas! Kids are ALWAYS getting hurt in one way or another. It's just a part of growing up.

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by moosmom

Luckies4me,

Be prepared for more dramas! Kids are ALWAYS getting hurt in one way or another. It's just a part of growing up.

I know, that's the scary part lol. I know it's just a part of life, but it's still very freightening. I remember things that happened to me and my brothers, but I have never broken a bone or anything like that. I guess I was pretty lucky growing up. And with a little man in the house, well.....I am sure I will be in for a LOT of ouchies. :p