PDA

View Full Version : How can you tell....???

wolfsoul
04-29-2003, 09:20 PM
How can you tell if a female cat is spayed? I read that it's so hard that even some vets can't tell until they start the operation and realize that the cat is spayed.

I was just wondering, because there is this female cat on my street, and I noticed that her "behind" looks much more different then Sara's :confused: (Not like I go around looking at cat's butts or anything..:p ) So I was just thinking about it and wondering if this cat is actually a female, or maybe a neutered male???

Uabassoon
04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
As far as I know if it's a female you can't tell by looking if it is spayed or not. I think I heard that vets usually look for a scar on the belly to see if a female cat has been spayed or not. And on a cat that isn't bald and sitting on your lap I imagine it would be hard to find that scar. I think if the "behind" looks different it is possible that it's a neutered male.

kimlovescats
04-29-2003, 09:35 PM
I agree!!! ;)

wolfsoul
04-29-2003, 09:39 PM
hmmm, well I was told it was female, but it could be a male I suppose...

I could never tell from Sara's behaviour, she's the same with every cat..I opened the door and she chased the cat that's twice her size all the way across the street lol. Heehee, I love my evil kitty :p