PDA

View Full Version : kittens... am I making a mistake??

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I want some new kittens, the last few days I have been thinking, I want to go bring home 2 or 3 new kittens...yes I have lost my mind!:eek: :eek:
someone talk some sense into my head!:rolleyes:

I can barely afford the ones I have now... and what if they are sick? etc etc... oh but there was an online ad for kittens, brothers that they want to go to the same home if possible... but this must be a sign.. there was no number!!
of course, I emailed the paper and got the number...:) :(

K & L
04-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Like everyone says to us...."what's one..two..three more"?:D

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 02:25 PM
oh no.. I did it now... I just called the lady, and she is going to call me back, to arrange the getting the cats!

they are 2 years old, so they are not kittens

, male, were neutered at 8-10 weeks, she says they get along with other cats and are healthy.. but how do I know that for sure! omg whats wrong with me? but they have been together their whole lives, littermates, like Emma and Louise, so she doesn't want to see them them separated..

ok Jen and everyone else, go ahead and laugh... .
now what am I going to do with them, this house is small!

I just can't resist cats...
you kow I never read the online ads, what got into my head yesterday?I should be commited LOL[

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 02:29 PM
well I have decided that I will only take them if she has their medical records, she said she was packing up but would see what she had... well I want records with the vets name, so I can be sure they are healthy and up to date on shots.. I can't bring sick cats into this house with my other babies...seems like if you are giving away cats, that you would not pack their records...?

NoahsMommy
04-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Mary,

As if I'm the right one to talk you OUT of this....hee hee ;)

I will say....you need to keep the well being of your current kitties in mind. I would never wish what happened with Oliver on anyone. Just keep that in mind and you'll be OK. :D

Do you just have Lousie and Emma???

Take care,
Kelly :)

P.S. What do they look like??? If you answer orange tabbies....you know my vote!!!! hee hee

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 02:51 PM
:eek: :rolleyes: :D is all I can say:D

K & L
04-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Yes! Make sure they provide you with ALL medical info, including testing negative for diseases! Good luck and let us all know what happens.

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Do you just have Lousie and Emma???

oh God no, I still have my other babies!
E & L, Cassie, Charlie & Patches
and Muffin and Callie with my mom.

what do you guys think of the names Jack and Oscar?

they are white and orange!

I have decided that if I get them, I will give them the den to stay in for 2 weeks til I can introduce them to the others.

it's not for sure yet.. am I making a mistake??

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 03:22 PM
bump:)

NoahsMommy
04-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
what do you guys think of the names Jack and Oscar?

they are white and orange!

I have decided that if I get them, I will give them the den to stay in for 2 weeks til I can introduce them to the others.

it's not for sure yet.. am I making a mistake??

Orangies???? GET THEM!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

How do your cats do with introductions??

moosmom
04-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Mary,

I'm SO glad you are making sure these cats are healthy before you introduce them to your other cats. You know how important that is.

The one concern I have is what you said:

I can barely afford the ones I have now... and what if they are sick?

I know I've said that "what's one more poop in the box" and God only knows I'm the last one to tell you yes or no, having 7 of my own. But it can be devastating when one gets a URI and passes it to the others. That means alot of vet bills and medicine.

On the other hand...orange and white??? How about the name Casey?? :D

Go with your heart, girl.

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 05:09 PM
How do your cats do with introductions??

weeellllllllll.....
lets see, Emma and Louise did very well with Patches and Charlie , because the boys were babies, but they were scared of Muffin, of course Muffin was the "resident cat" already, and she picked on Louise
Emma and Louise did ok with Cassie, but they picked on Callie.
Charlie and Patches were babies so they bonded with each other, and have grown up with their 2 big sisters and all is well, and then later when Cassie was there, they took to her after a few days.

did I make sense in all that? if these other 2 males are 2 years old, I don't know how it will go, but they have been neutered at an early age, I guess that makes a difference... and I don't know how they will react to 5 "resident cats" of course they will have each other for moral support..

kimlovescats
04-29-2003, 05:54 PM
I'm certainly not one to be judgmental either.... since I have 20 in my house as of now, and only have one of them placed for anytime in the near future!!! :rolleyes:

I would just say think about all aspects before making your decision... you know we all will be here regardless of what you do!

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 06:09 PM
...new members of my cat household, Jack and Oscar,
pics to follow.

:D :D

Logan
04-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Well, I guess you figured out the answer all by yourself!!! :) Congratulations!!! :D

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 06:15 PM
thanks Logan... yes I did, I was just trying to give "reason" and common sense a chance, but it didn't last long LOL... now I can't wait to see Jack and Oscar!

:rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats

ok Jen and everyone else, go ahead and laugh... .

:D

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 06:23 PM
oh, verrry funny! hehe:D
what can I say, I am just too weak to resist cats.
now I will have 4 males and 5 females. :eek: :eek:

quick, call the looney bin!

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Will Muffin and Callie ever be living with you again? And not at your mom's?

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 07:08 PM
only if I put my mother in an old age home... and that is a good possibility!

LOL just kidding! they will live with her until I can get a bigger house that would give her and callie their own good amount of space. and that will not be any time soon, but, my mother lives just a mile down this same street, and I see Muffin and Callie alot.

I know, here I am ready to bring more cats into the house and I don't have 2 of my babies with me...:(

Uabassoon
04-29-2003, 07:37 PM
But it can be devastating when one gets a URI and passes it to the others. That means alot of vet bills and medicine.

I know, having to deal with two cats with URIs right now is such a pain, and I'm poor for the next few weeks. But in the end it's all worth it. So good luck and congrats!!

carole
04-29-2003, 08:05 PM
CONGRATULATIONS is all i can say and WELL DONE, cannot wait to c the pics of the boys, hurry i am impatient lol.
Dont worry about the future, and WHAT IFS, things will work out i am sure, good luck my fellow cat lover.:) :D :D :D :cool:

Miss Meow
04-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Pics, pics, pics!

You work quickly, Mary! Must be fate :) Probably better that that two new boys are older so they can more easily defend themselves if need be. Congratulations!

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 11:11 PM
thanks everyone, I am excited about them now... I'm at my moms so I don't know if the lady has called me, will find out in a couple hours, and I will let you know tomorrow...:D

wish me luck that I get the kitties!

LOl I always seem to get cats in pairs:cool:

krazyaboutkatz
04-29-2003, 11:23 PM
Congrats Mary!!! :D They sound like wonderful handsome cats to me and from my experience since they are males they should fit in more quickly and easily than if they were female. Good luck and I can't wait to see their pictures. :)

marysmerrycats
04-30-2003, 01:47 AM
she didn't call:( :(
maybe tomorrow.
should I call her?

IttyBittyKitty
04-30-2003, 07:14 AM
9 kitties huh! Wow! I would love to have that many kitties, the most I've ever had at one time is 3. My body corporate only permits 1 small pet per house and as I am renting, I don't want to get into any trouble or get to the point where I have to give a furrkid away!

Give her a call :) You know you want to - and did you honestly think that any of us cat mad humans in this forum would discourage you from getting the kitties? LOL :D :D :D

Pics please!

Vio&Juni
04-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Mary, catgratulations. I hope you get them and they will be friends with your other kitties soon.

krazyaboutkatz
04-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Mary, I'd give her a call to let her know that you're still interested. :D Good luck. :)

trinity
04-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Think of this...you said you never read the online ads, but you did. So it was obviously meant to be. You may be providing a fur-ever home for two furrballs that really need some lovin'...congratulations!:) :) :) :) :) :)

Uabassoon
04-30-2003, 10:08 PM
So have you talked to her yet?

marysmerrycats
05-01-2003, 12:43 AM
yes I called her today, and she is going to call me back tomorrow evening... if she doesn't then thats all I can do.. I would hope to keep the littermates together.

I will post an update when I know more...