PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a PT meeting at the MI Bark Park for Kia's birthday?

ramanth
04-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Kia's birthday is Sunday, June 29th. I was thinking of having a birthday party for her and what better way than to invite her PT pals!

I know many of you in the OH and IN area want to come visit Michigan's Bark Park. :)

And if Sunday doesn't work for the majority, we could have it on Saturday. :)

Any interest?

moosmom
04-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Kim,

I'd LOVE to come to Kia's birthday party. Let me know when and where. I'll need directions, of course.

lovemyshiba
04-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Sounds like so much fun--but a little far for me and the three stooges!!!
Maybe I could get some more details and talk the hubby into it--or wait--my stepmom is on PT now, maybe she would be up for a trip!!!!!:)

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2003, 01:11 PM
I have to talk to Ralph, but right now I know his cousin is getting married on that Saturday, so if we are able, it would have to be Sunday :)

shais_mom
04-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Sounds like so much fun!!!..... but I will be in Chicago that weekend for a wedding. But Keegan and I will be there is spirit!
;)

Em, who is your stepmom?

ramanth
04-29-2003, 02:19 PM
It's not a party without Keegan! :D

We can have a belated party in July if that works better for everyone. I'm open to date suggestions. :)

Kfamr
04-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure when, but we're coming to MI sometimes June- July..... If i'm up there then i'd love to come.:D

Cinder & Smoke
04-29-2003, 02:56 PM
WE sed soundz like *Phunn*...

Dad sed soundz like a lotta drivin...

So Zaktly WHERE iz dis Bark Park... We'll havta lookit a map.

Cincy'sMom
04-29-2003, 03:41 PM
If I have the right park, this is a link to their web page...Bark Park (http://www.co.oakland.mi.us/parksrec/ppark/orion.html)
I think the park is onthe north side of Detroit, a little farther north then Potiac or Auburn Hills....

(Please correct me if I am wrong!)

ramanth
04-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
If I have the right park, this is a link to their web page...Bark Park (http://www.co.oakland.mi.us/parksrec/ppark/orion.html)
I think the park is onthe north side of Detroit, a little farther north then Potiac or Auburn Hills....

(Please correct me if I am wrong!)
That's the one!

The Bark Park entrance is off of Joslyn Rd. The parking area is quite small and on nice days it fills up fast. It would probably be a good idea to meet somewhere and then car pool. :)

primabella
04-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Wish i could join you guys but its a bit too far off in another country and I don't drive :rolleyes: I hope you guys have a lot of fun anyways :D

AdoreMyDogs
04-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
WE sed soundz like *Phunn*...

Dad sed soundz like a lotta drivin...

So Zaktly WHERE iz dis Bark Park... We'll havta lookit a map.

I am pretty sure the city is Lake Orion. If not, then it's right next to Lake Orion. I would LOVE it it you came.

BTW, I'll be there, Kim.

shais_mom
04-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Well, I don't want everyone to have to reschedule just b/c I can't be there, we could plan a second one! Nor do I want Kia to have to have a belated party. :(
:)

anna_66
04-30-2003, 08:24 AM
We would love to come (the girls say that is if we get to have ice cream & sprinkles for Kia's birthday;) )!!

ramanth
04-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Okay Staci, if you insist.

Yes, we'll definately have to have a few trips to the Bark Park. :D

Kay Ann, that would be really cool if you could make it.

Anna, tell he girls that Kia will share her sprinkles. (At least momma says she has too... Kia doesn't know that yet. :rolleyes: ;) )

ramanth
06-02-2003, 10:58 AM
*bump*

I wanna get her party planned. :)

Let me know if you are interested in making it so I know how much treats/goodies to bring :)

anna_66
06-02-2003, 12:10 PM
I guess I'm going to have to bring the girls to Kia's B-day party, they just wouldn't let me live it down if I didn't:D They both say if there's treats & goodies involved, they wouldn't miss it for the world. And it's always a treat to get to see Kia:)
Is is still set for Sunday,June 29th? I'll just need some directions, and a time.

*edit*
Thanks Phred for the directions, looks like a pretty easy place to get to. It says about 218 miles from our house (3 1/2 hours or so). Guess we'll have to leave pretty early;)

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey Kia ~

Dad'z lookin at da MapQuest mapz - datz a gud sine! :)

They say itz gonna be a 4 hour trip (wun :eek: way)! Lotta drivin!

Here's how to pull up da MapQuest stuff to see how to find da Bark Park:

First klik on http://www.MapQuest.com
then klik on "MAPS" up atta top of the page...

Find the Address Block and fill in like this:
in Address/Intersection put [ Joslyn Rd AND W Clarkston Rd ]
in City put [ Lake Orion ]
in State put [ MI ]
and Zippy Code is [ 48362 ]
now *punch* da GET MAP kliker...

When da map pops up - select
the Big Map kliker in the upper right corner of da map.

ZOOM *out* a kupla clicks to see where ya are...
The "Orion Oaks Park & Bark Park are on W Clarkston Road, just a lil bit WEST of Joslyn Road. There's an exit off InterState 75 marked "Joslyn Road" - you go North on Joslyn (about 4 miles) and watch for the W Clarkston Rd intersection; turn Left/West on W Clarkston; and the Bark Park entrance is on your left off W Clarkston.

You're going to be north-west of downtown Detroit; and a lil bit north of the big suburbs of Pontiac and Auburn Hills

When ya get tired of lookin atta map - klik on the
"Get Directions to This Location" button on top of the map...
Fill in Your Home Address - an MapQuest will make up a Turn-By-Turn set of directions for ya - and plot the mileage and driving time from your howze.

ramanth
06-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting directions Phred! :D

Originally posted by anna_66
Is is still set for Sunday,June 29th? I'll just need some directions, and a time.
Yep! I'm shooting for 1 or 2 p.m. :)

Cincy'sMom
06-02-2003, 04:07 PM
We are still waiting to hear when exactly my BIL will be in town that weekend. If we can work it out, we would like to come, and hopefully we'll know something soon!!!

moosmom
06-03-2003, 09:43 AM
I'll be there!! What can I bring?

Cataholic
06-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Ah, Binx and I WANT to come, but, his Sir Jury will prolly be that third week in June, and travelling would be ill advised. But, we will wish Kia a HP in July!!!

ramanth
06-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I'll be there!! What can I bring?
I'm not sure if anything should be brought (people food wise). There are no pavilions close by, just a few scattered picnic tables inside the dog park.

I have eaten lunch inside at the picnic tables but it's an eat at your own risk since there are pooches that would love to have your lunch. ;)

ramanth
06-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I still want to do this. I think it would be good for Kia. :)

Talking with Andy, we think it would be a good idea to meet at Canterbury Village and then car pool to the Bark Park.

Their parking lot is very small.... about 20 cars I'm estimating and on weekends, it fills up FAST!

I don't want to discourage anyone from coming, but I'd hate to have you all make the trip and then not have any place to park.

There are no pavillions near the bark park and only a scattering of picnic tables within, so there is no way we could have a pot luck like we do at Ohio.

I was going to bring frosty paws and vanilla cake for the dogs.... maybe cookies or some other treats for the humans. :)

Depending on the number of dogs at the park, we could take our group outside near the water pump, so I don't have to worry about there not being enough treats.

What time would work for everyone?

ramanth
06-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Oppsie! Mister Phred.

Your directions to the Bark Park are close, but the entrance is NOT off Clarkston. It's off Joslyn.

Here's some maps I grabbed off MapQuest. :)

The Blue Star marks the entrance to the Bark Park, the Yellow Star is Canterbury Village.
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/bp_map1.bmp

Here's the Ariel Photo of the area. There is a little parking at the Fishing pier (if there is no more room at the Bark Park and a path that leads from it to the Bark Park). Or we can go with my recent suggestion, and car pool from Canterbury Village.
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/bp_map2.jpg

An even closer view. The purple outlines the Bark Park, the yellow shows the entrance and parking, and the blue line is the path that leads to the dock. :) The red marks the fishing pier and it's parking lot.
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/bp_map3.jpg

anna_66
06-16-2003, 02:12 PM
We are still planning on coming!

I think your right, this is just what Kia needs, some of her furfriends and human friends to cheer her up:D

I would be all up for car pooling, maybe someone could ride with me seeing that I have 2 dogs to bring instead of 1.

Kim, if you will pm me the directions to where you want to meet that would be great.

Thanx
Anna

Cincy'sMom
06-16-2003, 02:26 PM
I'll have to double check with Ralph, but it is looking like we are going to be able to make it!

ramanth
06-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Awesome! :)

Originally posted by anna_66
Kim, if you will pm me the directions to where you want to meet that would be great.
Be sure to check out the maps I posted on this page. :)

Here is a link to Canterbury Village. :)

Canterbury Village directions (http://www.canterburyvillage.com/location.htm)

ramanth
06-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Destructions to Canterbury Village. :D

Here's the link to Canterbury Village's directions page.
http://www.canterburyvillage.com/location.htm

The directions are pretty much the same... expect, instead of passing Canterbury Village.... we'll park there and car pool (or walk) to the Bark Park.

Take I-75 North to Exit 83 (Joslyn Rd.)

Turn right onto Joslyn Rd.

You'll cross Brown Rd. and some train tracks. The road goes from a 4 lane to a 2 lane. You'll end up crossing the train tracks about two more times (They intertwine with the road).

You'll cross Waldon Rd.

After you cross Waldon, you're getting close.
The road will start to curve and you will see a Sheriff's Department on your right hand side. Canterbury Village will be on your left hand side. It looks like a castle. You can't miss it. :)

Turn LEFT where the sign for Canterbury Village is. Then turn right and drive all the way down to the end of the parking lot.

See map below:
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/cv_map1.jpg

ramanth
06-17-2003, 03:59 PM
*bump* :)

apcrs5122
06-17-2003, 04:07 PM
I wish we could come, but it's too far away and I can't drive!!:rolleyes:

ramanth
06-25-2003, 11:47 AM
*bump*

I was just wondering who was coming for certain. :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-25-2003, 06:15 PM
NUTZ! :(

Dad'z inna *snit* ( :mad: ) kuz he tooka peek onna Wethur Page...

An dint like whut da Wethur Guy sed!

Take a peek fur yurself...
USWX Weather Forecast for Lake Orion, Michigan - 48362 (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/mi/48362/)

We shudint say whut all Dad sed bout da Wethur Guyz :eek: !
Da short vershun :rolleyes: iz dat Dad tinkz we'z had
jest about enuff *rain* fur da hole summer! :p

Den he *mumbled* sumpin bout They kud stick da ForKast
:eek: "Up their :o (where da Sun dont shine much ??)!! :p

Dis duzint sound so gud ta us... :(

We'z gonna gheck da ForKast tamorrow...

anna_66
06-26-2003, 04:25 AM
I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday:( We'd hate to have to miss Kia's birthday.:eek:

ramanth
06-26-2003, 08:18 AM
:( I hope it doesn't rain either. 30% chance of rain is what The Weather Channel says. *sigh*

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Iz ebberbuddie doin their Sun Danze?

The US Weather Bureau Folks are * s l o w l y * making the Sunday Forecast read a lil better! The 11:00 AM (Friday) forecast for Sunday now reads:

"Sunday ~ Partly sunny.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon.
Highs 75 to 79.
Chance of rain 30 percent."

Saturday and Saturday night they call for a 40% chance of rain;
but yesterday they were also calling for 40% chance of rain on Sunday...
So things are Lookin a lil SUNNIER! :)

We tink dis means we're commin! :D

anna_66
06-27-2003, 12:32 PM
I know you were saying around 1 or 2, have you decided which? We're still planning on coming.
Besides us & Phred, who else is coming?

Kim, would you pm me your cell # in case I have to get ahold of you? Thanks! See you Sunday:D

ramanth
06-27-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking it's best to meet around 1 p.m. at Canterbury Village.

Phred found out that there is a school just north across the street from the Bark Park that we can park at for free. But since Canterbury is easier to see from the road, we could meet there and then drive up the road as a group to the school. :)

If you have a cell phone feel free to call me either when you get close or leave, or if you just want too. :)

I'll be sure to post on Pet Talk the weather conditions (I have a friend in Lake Orion I can contact) or if you want, PM your number and I'll call you.

Hoping and Wishing for Sunny Skies. :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Although at first glance it looks worse,
the Current Weather Guess is actually a lil bit more encouraging
for Sunday AFTERNOON...

Just looked at the US Weather page again ---
They're changing their Minds(??) again...

Saturday. Partly sunny. Scattered showers with an isolated thunderstorm during the morning. Then numerous showers and thunderstorms. Highs 75 to 79. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Increasing to 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Saturday night. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows 58 to 62. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Sunday.
Partly sunny. :)
A chance of showers and thunderstorms during the morning.
Highs 75 to 79. Chance of rain 40 percent.

**Sounds** like the rain is more Certain -
but is also moving to Earlier in the weekend...
Sunday AFTERNOON may not be so bad!
Yesterday they were saying the rain on Sunday would be in the afternoon.

Hope - Hope - Hope! :D

DO Your Part - Praktiz your SUN DANZE!

Cinder & Smoke
06-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Dad jest red allua Wethur Stuff fur Oakland County, Mi...

The super detailed jabberin ended wiff:

(Sunday)...THE COLD FRONT WILL ATTEMPT TO MOVE THROUGH SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN TONIGHT (Saturday) TO CONTINUE ORGANIZED CONVECTION. MODELS HAVE SLOWED DOWN THE PROGRESS OF THIS FRONT WHICH IS A PROBLEM AS WE HEAD INTO SUNDAY. WITH SHORT WAVE ROTATING BY TO OUR NORTH AND DEEPER CYCLONIC FLOW OVERHEAD... WE WILL NEED TO EXTEND THE CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS FOR MOST OF THE DAY.

NUTZ! :mad:

The General Public forecast summary now reads:

Tonight. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows 58 to 62. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Sunday ~ Partly sunny. :)
A chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Highs 77 to 81. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph turning to west.
Chance of rain 40 percent.

Big change since yesterday is WHEN the Sunday rain will fall...
Yesterday they thought the rain would end late morning...
NOW they think there may be scattered showers ALL Day :(.

Butttt...
The Chaka-Chip Kookie Makin stuff iz all ober da kitchin kounterz; an we tink we picked up a Birfday Prezint yesterday nite along wiff a Box a Treetz... An affore we left da Howze tuday, Dad pumped sum air inna Traktur Kar Tyres...

Dem are all promissin sines! ;)

Iffin we getz GAS inna Kar an dump a bagga ice inna pop koolur tanite,
itz a Sure Ting we'z kommin up fur da PARTEE!

ramanth
06-28-2003, 08:37 PM
As of 9:30 p.m. Saturday night, Weather.com has the storms/rain ending at 9 a.m. Sunday morning and sunny skies the rest of the day! :D

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USMI0469?begHour=5&begDay=180

At 1 p.m. they are calling for 76 degrees and 20% chance of precipitation. :)

mugsy
06-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I hope all goes well tomorrow! Happy B-day Kia!! Take lots of pictures so we can feel like we were there!

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2003, 05:12 AM
Looks like the weather is cooperating so far..I think we are going to be there!!!

anna_66
06-29-2003, 07:53 AM
I guess we'll be leaving in about 45 min! Wish us a safe trip:)

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Honk when you pass through Toledo and we'll join up with ya :)

I'm guessing we'll leave around 11-11:15.

ramanth
06-29-2003, 08:24 AM
Safe trip! YAY!!! See you soon! :D