PDA

View Full Version : Purina dog litter

sturner
06-26-2000, 03:42 PM
I am interested in trying the new Purina dog litter system for small dogs to use indoors. I have two toy poodles. Has anyone tried this litter yet and if so, how does it work? Do the dogs use it?

------------------

JKRJG24
07-10-2000, 10:35 AM
-sturner-
Nope never tried it but if you do try it tell me what happens!

Kim
07-15-2000, 12:32 PM
I use the purina dog litter for my peke. For me it has worked wonders! She would not housebreak no matter what I did! My vet told me that since she was over 6 mos that she knew what she was doing. NOTHING worked. Then, we were going to be leaving on vacation, which I take my dogs with us, and I did not want her pottying in the RV, so I tried the litter one week before we left! It worked! She had no accidents in the RV and she does not potty in the house either. Only in her litter box or outside! I hope you have as good as luck as I did! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

sturner
07-18-2000, 02:40 PM
To Kim or anyone else who has any ideas

How did you get your peke to use the Purina dog litter. I had my tray out and had the Purina litter in it and my dogs (two toy poodles) were going to "eat" the litter.

------------------

Kim
07-19-2000, 08:34 AM
Hi Sturner. I confined my Peke in a small area with her litter box, her bed, and her food and water. I used an outside play yard in my kitchen.(I have a really big kitchen!) It has 6 panels and is perfect for confining her without crating her. It gives her space, but gives me security! She first wanted to sleep in the litter. When she did poop on the floor, I put it in the litter. Also, the very first day, I put her in her litter box first thing in the morning, and did not take her outside at all. Only to the litter box. I would suggest to do the same thing as crate training, just do not take the dog outside for the first few days, only to the box. Now my Peaches will go outside if taken, or if left in the house, she only uses the box! Good luck!