PDA

View Full Version : When I grow up.....

*LabLoverKEB*
04-28-2003, 10:26 PM
When I grow up......

This thread is for all of the "kids" her on Pet Talk! Tell what you want to have as your job, what kinds of pets you want to have, and so on!

My job: I want to be a professional dancer

My pets: 3 georgous Golden Retrievers with the names: Tahoe, Dakota, and Montana. Now aren't those just the most beautiful names you could give a Golden?! LOL, just kiddin'!

Well, I hope all of you other kids here will post what you want to be, and what kinds of pets you want to have when you grow up!

Cincy'sMom
04-28-2003, 10:37 PM
I doubt if I qualify as a kid anymore, but I don't know what I want to be when I grow up...so for now I am passing time as a chemist :)

lovemyshiba
04-28-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm not really sure what I want to be either-- I don't think I qualify as a kid, but I sure haven't decided what to do yet.
It should be interesting to read everyone's replies.

Fuzzy317
04-28-2003, 10:49 PM
I am too old to considered a kid, but I doubt I will ever "grow up" :D

Growing up, I wanted to be either a vet or a fireman. I work in the computer industry, not even close to my goal. :rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
04-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Good Thread! I want to be a vet when i grow up, have always wanted to since i was 6 years old! I plan to have 3 goldens and and a black labby girl, Possibly a "coated" GSD! The 2 goldens will be Chealsea, and Daisy(LOL), the labby will be Bailey, and the coated GSD will be Roxy!:) :D

wolfsoul
04-28-2003, 11:03 PM
When I'm older, I want to own an animal shelter and a rattery.

I'm going to have a catahoula leopard dog, Rex, and a german shepherd dog, Daystar. I'll have tons of rats, and hopefully a talking bird, a hedgie, a bunny, and ferrets :D

doglovrforevr
04-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I would want a Friesian Warmblood and a NSDTR for a dog, just like Rusty!!!! My job I would want would either to be a marine biologist or a fashion designer.;)

anna_66
04-29-2003, 06:39 AM
When I grow up;) I want to have my own doggie daycare! When I was young I wanted to be a vet, but I just couldn't deal with the thought of having to put a dog down.

Jessica12345
04-29-2003, 06:54 AM
when I grow up......

I want to have a shop where you get your dog/bird groomed and I do Pet photagraphy!:D

I will have 3 dogs.... A maltese, a pomeranian, and a Papillion:p I will also have 3 birds, a black headed caique, a galah, and a cockatiel. :) :D

primabella
04-29-2003, 03:36 PM
I used to want to be a vet so bad but science isn't my strong field. Instead I'm going into computer graphics and animation. I love webdesigning too, so I'm not too sure yet. :) I do know that I will be working at a shelter and hopefully can open my own one day.

As for my future pets, I definitly want another Sheltie but I'm unsure about the rest. I want mutts for sure, and one of them has gotta be a Husky! :D

Dogz
04-29-2003, 04:27 PM
I am pretty sure a want to be a PET PHOTOGRAPHER!:D I love to take pics! Oh, and show them off of course!:p

kai
04-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Does 15 count as a kid?
Ok well I'm certain I want to be a dog trainer. I've already found two schools I'm interested in. My backups are: dog groomer or to own a dog shop. If I do become a dog trainer, I want to volunteer at the pound/spca for training the more "independant" dogs.

I have one dog..Kai. I want so many other breeds when I'm older and I'm positive I'm going to get them. I want a GSD (I really want a white one), Collie, Border Collie and another sheltie.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-29-2003, 09:08 PM
LOL, this is fun! Thanks everyone for your replies!:) ;)

captain
04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
When I was young I wanted to be a vet, but I just couldn't deal with the thought of having to put a dog down.

Anna,

Ditto that!!!!

I wanted to be a marine biologist or a vet.
Now I am doing web-design and IT training - which is fun!. But I would like to do anything doggie related - be it web design, dog walking or learning to be an obedience trainer.

Got two "no ear" dogs to train as my first lesson!

P.S. I am probably to old to be a "kid" but I am my parents "kid" ...?

Desert Arabian
04-29-2003, 10:01 PM
I really want to own my own dog boarding kennel. If I don't go down that path I want to work for the DNR or the US Fish and Wildlife Service. As soon as I get a car...this fall, I plan on volunteering at the humane society.

I am going to own a small farm with horses, donkeys or mules, llamas, ducks, goats, chickens, and maybe a potbelly piggy.

I also plan on getting a Labrador Retirever. Depedning on where will be living, I also want a Great Dane and Boxer- my three favorite breeds. Oh yes, and don't forget rats...I am going to have them too.

RubyMutt
04-29-2003, 10:22 PM
I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up :rolleyes:

I know that I definetly someday want to adopt a former racing grayhound :D (I don't have the room now, but I still have my baby Ruby girl :D) I also want to have a salt water aquarium - probably a 75 - 100 gallon. (I don't have the room for that now either, I just have my little tanks :))

popcornbird
04-30-2003, 01:58 AM
What I *want* to be? Hmmm.................I always wanted to be a vet when I was younger, but I decided its not something I would be able to do. Maybe a teacher and a part time bird sitter. :)

I would love to have at least 5 cockatiels, 2 rose breasted cockatoos (galahs), a sun conure, a yellow nape amazon, 2-3 kitties, and 2-3 goats when I'm older. I know its all a dream to have that many pets but that's what I want! :eek: LOL

Cool thread but I think it would get more responses if it were in General ;)

CathyBogart
04-30-2003, 03:04 AM
I'm technically an adult, but I think I still qualify as "kid" since I'm still living with the parents and going to school.

I want to be a venom researcher. I want to make antivenoms for animals that there currently aren't any for and improve the existing ones. (Wouldn't it be great if one rattlesnake bite required only one vile of antivenom, rather then 5-15?)

I also want to open a reptile sanctuary for the reptiles that peoplr buy stupidly without realizing their eventual care requirements. (Yes, that $20 baby iguana is cute, but in a few years it will be six feet long and probaby rather aggressive....) I'm thinking that what will end up there will consist mostly of Burmese Pythons, Iguanas, Red-Eared Sliders, and other such animals that are available as inexpensive cute babies.....

Pets....I plan to have a Bedlington Terrier, possibly a Corgi, a tortoiseshell cat, and lots of reptiles! I'll also probably never be without at least a pair of rats.

RockyRoad
04-30-2003, 06:39 AM
Well...

When I get older I would like to be a judge...maybe even try for a justice of the Supreme Court.

Pets-- I would love to have a Persian kitty named Daphne, a Snapper turtle named Nixon, and maybe two bunnies. Perhaps a Border Collie, if my lifestyle allowed. :)

CountryWolf07
04-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Good thread..

I'm 18, so I'll be graduating in 17 days..

I want to be involved with graphic arts & design/advertising.. when I was 10 years old, I wanted to be a Disney animator.. when I was 13.. I wanted to be a wolf biologist.. then when I was 16, I wanted to be a screenwriter for sitcoms.. lol.. I wanted to be "EVERYTHING" when I was a kid.. :)

Dogs..

I want to have 2 Siberian Huskies - Yukon and Cheyenne.. and a Golden Retriever - Chesney. :)

NYCbabi 13002
04-30-2003, 12:17 PM
To all that *want* to be a vet with all their heart...It is alot of fun, all except for putting an animal down :( It makes me cry. I think that if you decide to be a vet, make sure you are very certain that this is the job you want, because it takes alot of work to become an official...:) You have to get at least a bachelors degree...thats 4 years of college, but if you wanna be super special you can do a Masters or Doctorate degree. Help me save the animals that need your help.
P.S. I also have training for the sPcA, and I work at the shelter on the weekends.

Good Luck...

Tweety_Pie
04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up,

BUT IT DOES HAVE TO BE WITH ANIMALS!!!:D lol

tikeyas_mom
04-30-2003, 01:58 PM
this is a cool thred. :D..

I ALWAYS wanted to be a Vet Tech, *vet assistance* I went to soooooo many job shadows. and ya I love seeing the pets get treated and get better. It is sad that some have to be put down but it is for the best interests of the owners and animal.

I cant goto post secondary school because of crappy grades, even though I try my hardest, it isnt enough.

So I am going into ENT and studing to be my own boss, I will open a pet store, including (properly cared for pets and supplies) along with a grooming parlor and a portriot (sp?) spot Where I will be drawing ppls animals for money, $50.00 and up depending on size.

I will be taking art carees corses as well. I am 16 right now so ya I am not sure If I am considered a child.

pets I would like to own in the future:

1 Male Noregion Elk Hound (sp?) lol name: Nannook, I hopefully will still have Tikeya, but if not.. I would get anouther Female siberian husky and name her Sikiyah *Sick-I-ya*. 2 Guinea pigs named Jasper and Moochy, 1 black sheep named Saber, umm. oh ya and a hedgehog named Sonic.... thats about all I would want right now lol. I bet judging by thwe animals I chose, yes I want and hope to have land in the future. . yup, yup.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Yes, i now about all the "challenges" it takes to b a vet, what with all the schooling, animals, and stuff like that. But im very serious about becoming one. Yes, i bet it woud b hard to put an animal down, but i also see it as helping them. You would end their suffering....

tikeyas_mom
04-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, i now about all the "challenges" it takes to b a vet, what with all the schooling, animals, and stuff like that. But im very serious about becoming one. Yes, i bet it woud b hard to put an animal down, but i also see it as helping them. You would end their suffering....

AGREED!!! Vets dont just put down animals because they want to they doit because it is in the ANIMALS best interest as well as the owners.

cali
04-30-2003, 07:37 PM
ummmm I just want to work with animals, a marine biologist, or a vet tech, or animal trainer.

well my dream home is a large house with lots of land, a special room that leads to and outside roofed kennel for a couple cats, um I plane to have lots of dogs, mainly border collies, but I will be breeding flyball dogs too(my mom and I are moving to the country a soon as I finish high school to do this) and a large room for gerbils, and anouther large room w/ tables for the piggers, and a bunny or 2 having roam of the floor. and of coarse if I am going to have border collies then I will need a few sheep! I wont be living alone of coarse. since I only have 2 year of school left, my mom and my friend steph will be staying with me(my mom is leaving my dad, when I finish school and steph will need a place to stay) so we will have lots of animals! and my dream has always been to have a horse one day but I doubt I could afford that!:D

anyway I will be 16 in a few months so I dont knowif I count as a child:p

puppygrrl4eva7
04-30-2003, 08:04 PM
I want to be a Home ec teacher when I grow up. And as for pets I want to have a Collie a Golden retriever a Daschund a Welsh Corgi and a Pug not all at one time but over the span of my life:D

CamCamPup33
04-30-2003, 08:32 PM
im hooked on what i wanna be.. lol.. i dont know if i still qualify for a kid but hey evry 1 else is replying.. lol... I want to be a Vet... i really want to do that.. but i also love photography and animals so i figured animal photograpy... Then i love to train my pup new things so i want to be an animal trainer.. lol.. when i was younger i told my mom after i become a model.. lol.. ;) i will be rich and allow animals into the hospital i would create.. when my mom was in the hospital she wished her pup was their with her.. lol.. then i would want to own a shelter (no kill) :D i have high hopes but thats what i want to do.. GOOD THREAD :D :D

Rottieluver45
04-30-2003, 08:36 PM
I want to be a vet I have since like I was 3! or A marine Bioligist. Just anything to do w/animals!

Aspen and Misty
04-30-2003, 08:40 PM
I've known what I've wanted to be sine I was 5. And althought this has changed a bit when I grew up. And I went throught those times in my life were I deced I wanted to be a Lawyer or doctor ro something, I've always said I own my own shelter on the side and breed shelties. This is the only job that has stuck with me since I was little, and hopefully will always stick with me. I plan on going to college to become a dog trainer. You know those programs you get and you go through them at home? Yea those. And I will also go to school for animal managment and I hope to work in a shelter as soon as I can and for as long as I can so I can see how they work and everything. I will also during my "college years" be going to Sheltie breeders and hopefulyl travling all over the US to meet the top Sheltie breeders so I can learn more about them and going to dog shows. I hope to make them a better breed and to help them keep there loving spirit that they are known for. I will be doing alot of research before I breed or start a shelter. I will definitly take alot of time otu of my life to make sure I can run it properly and do whats best for the dogs. I don't want to become one of those people who get to many dogs and end up doing more bad then good. I will also take only as many dogs as I can give enough tiem and love to. If my schedule allows it, I would also like to run a program with a local school, where I bring in either my dogs, or the dogs from the pound and allow the kids to train them and spend time with them. It helps the kids and the dogs. It will expesially be great for the dogs since they will soon be going into homes, they will know the basic comands and be awesome in stressfull situations (like having 20 school kids around)

I hope to own a pur-bred Nefoundland and some Shelties. The rest of my dogs will be mutts or the dogs who have been dropped off at the pound. I also hope to always own a bunny, couldn't imagine my life without Julian and I love comeing home to the messes he make and spending quility time with him.

(sorry this was so long) Ash

*LabLoverKEB*
04-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Wow, I didn't think I would get this many replies!:eek: This has been fun to read! Thanks everyone!:) ;)

wolf_Q
05-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Hope you all are able to go through with your dream jobs. I'd like to also, but I've discovered that once you graduate high school, and are facing the "real world" it's not quite as easy as one imagines.

I love art, I love to draw. Could I be a professional artist? Who knows.......I'm kind of losing hope now......*sigh* I'd love to be a photographer, I really enjoy that too......

I also love working with animals. I've been thinking on a vet tech. Undecided at the moment.

Going to college this fall........eermmmmm..........this will be interesting.......

Can I be a kid again? It was so much easier then. :(

popcornbird
05-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

I love art, I love to draw. Could I be a professional artist? Who knows.......I'm kind of losing hope now......*sigh* I'd love to be a photographer, I really enjoy that too......

I think you would make an AWESOME artist! :D:D:D

If you can't make too much money out of that, don't worry. Just get married to someone rich, when you get married. ;););) LOL

Jessica12345
05-01-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

If you can't make too much money out of that, don't worry. Just get married to someone rich, when you get married. ;););) LOL

LOL! :D :D :D

lbaker
05-01-2003, 08:26 AM
when I was little I wanted to be a horse or a fire engine:rolleyes: Now in my older years I would be satisfied to be healthy, wealthy & wise:D

captain
05-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
when I was little I wanted to be a horse or a fire engine:rolleyes: Now in my older years I would be satisfied to be healthy, wealthy & wise:D

I LOVE that - a fire engine!!!! :D

Kfamr
05-01-2003, 05:16 PM
I don't know - I don't want to go to college, no need to be stuck in hell for more than I have to.

I alwasy tell people I'm going to be a starving artst. I don't want care, so i don't have to worry about that bill.:)

Karen
05-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
this is a cool thred. :D..

I cant goto post secondary school because of crappy grades, even though I try my hardest, it isnt enough. [/COLOR]

But you CAN go to college - check out http://www.beaconcollege.edu - a college especially FOR people with learning challenges/problems. I just learned about this school recently, and was glad it exists!

lute
05-01-2003, 05:41 PM
i want to be a breeder of either dachshunds,chihuahuas,or run an aviary.

my dream car is a shiney blue old VW bug. and atleast 4 fourwheelers.

i want to live in a small house with a large yard in nashville or knoxville,tennisee.

i want a chihuahua,a harlquin great dane, a rough coat st.bernard,a caique,a umbrella cockatoo,a female eclectus.

i want to marry a guy with long strait dark hair,a good christain,older then me,that loves animals.

i don't want any kids,just animals.

i want to travel alot if i can.

that's all i think ya wanted to know.

;) ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks again everyone, for your replies! Seems as if everyone wants a job with animals!:) ;)

slleipnir
05-01-2003, 07:02 PM
I have NO idea what I want to do..I know I want to work with animals however..All I know is I'm taking a year off before going to university..I'd love to travel in my time off :] I can picture myself having this big house with what some would consider 'too many animals living there' but we all know thats not possible ;)

babolaypo65
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
for tikeyas_mom:
I agree! you CAN go to college if there's something there you want to study. I dont remember what province you are in, but so many of them have good colleges (akin to the community colleges in the U.S.) and with the smaller class size, you might find you'd do well.
dont limit yourself!
what province are you in?

Originally posted by Karen
But you CAN go to college - check out http://www.beaconcollege.edu - a college especially FOR people with learning challenges/problems. I just learned about this school recently, and was glad it exists!

babolaypo65
05-01-2003, 07:23 PM
I enjoyed this thread so much!
I used to teach high school, and always enjoyed working with students as they figured out what they wanted to do. Its tough to decide thats for sure!
thanks for letting all of us enjoy reading about your interests!

When I was a kid (im in my 30s now)
I wanted to be:
the place kicker for the L.A. Rams. (then)
(mainly because vince ferrigamo was the QB, i was nine.)
then i wanted to teach deaf kids. (junior high)
then all through high school i thought i wanted to be a professional photographer.
In college though, i found that what I liked most about photography was the fun i had doing it in high school. It wasn't as fun in college, and was expensive.

fortunately, mid way through college i found that i really DID want to teach deaf kids. and i LOVED every minute of it! now i train other people to work with deaf kids.

the point is this: enjoy your time deciding what you want to be and dont close any doors, or decide you can't do something.
just try!

Layka3000
05-02-2003, 12:45 AM
I love animals when I grow up I want to be a Vet I want ot help animals in need!:)

zanzanfergie
05-02-2003, 05:12 AM
I've known my whole life that I want to be a vet...now I'm sixteen, it's getting down to the nitty gritty end of high school, and I'm having to work really really hard to get the grades required. Still, I'm getting there. If all goes well I should pass with enough marks to get into veterinary science at Melbourne Uni in 2006. :D
Oh, and I'll work at a shelter on the weekends as a side...love them mutts!
As for pets, probably three dogs and one cat will be my lot (at any one time). The dogs will be all mutts from the shelter (with hopefully some Rottweiler, Great Dane, or GSD in them) and the cat a pleasant natured old moggy. ;)

GSDgurl
05-02-2003, 08:53 PM
I have always wanted to be a vet ever since I was little, and still going for it.
For the dogs I own I want:
2 Dobermans
1 GSD
2 Siamese cats or mixes