PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me!

RockyRoad
04-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Ahh, I'm doing a sewing project in home etc, and it's due tomorrow....but....I have no idea how to sew!
He explained it to us, but only once, on a small table with 30 kids crowding around in attmept to see what he's doing.
Can anyone tell me how to sew an overcast stitch & a blanket stitch, or know any good sites that explain it?

Hoping someone will help me...:)

Britt

mugsy
04-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Oh you're a FUNNY girl!! lol I don't even sew buttons on...I make Mike do it! hhehehee Good luck!

primabella
04-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Poor you! I had to make boxer shorts in Home Ec. two years ago. they came out all bad. Good luck!

captain
04-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I hope I am not too late.

http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/embroidery/index.html

lovemyshiba
04-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Ack!!!
sewing!!!!
I don't even know how to sew a button on either (my husband does it too)
My sister is taking a class on clothing construction right now--she made stuff you could actually wear--a sweatshirt, and I forget what else.
Sorry I can't help, I hope you do well on the project:)

slleipnir
04-28-2003, 08:16 PM
I know how, I just can't explain it :x sorry lol, good luck!

Cookiebaker
04-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Uggggh, Britt, I really feel for you!! Good luck to you, though!

RockyRoad
04-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks so much for the good luck wishes & the help! Thanks Captain for that website, I learned the blanket stitch from that. My friend told me how to do overcast online, so I learned that from her. Thanks for the good wishes everyone! With the help from Pet Talk, I've gotta do good. :D

popcornbird
04-29-2003, 12:11 AM
OMG! I LOVE SEWING! Whenever I'm bored, I sew or do cross-stitch, or something like that. I took a sewing class in 9th grade. It was SO much fun! I got to sew a bag, a baby dress, pants, a shirt, and so many other things. I've also sewn 3 covers for Popcorn and Muffin's cage. They fit perfect. ;) One was for their old cage, and after we got the new one, I made one out of dark but cool fabric for the summer, and a thick velvet one for the winter. I would love to help you, but I don't have a clue how to explain sewing in typing. I only know how to help with sewing in person. ;) Good luck!