PDA

View Full Version : Police officer beats dog, pleads not guilty

Buddy2101
08-12-2001, 06:47 PM
A lady watched as her neighbor beat his dog with a 3 by 2 board. She treid to stop him but he said he woudl call the police. Well she went in and called animal control he said the dog got into a dog fight. She took him to court for animal abuse. Because he was a polic officer he pleaed not guily! I was so shokin up I couldn't even beleave it. They had 5 neighbors complain about this in the past 4 months he still pleads not guilty. This is wrong! Just wrong!

carrie
08-12-2001, 07:40 PM
A few years back there was a story broken by one of the daily papers about the training methods that the police were using in this country. It was alleged that handlers were urged to hit, kick and hang their dogs on their check chains.
National outcry ensued and the police reviewed, revised and even televised their new selection and training methods.
Is your neighbours dog a working police dog?
Have you tried calling into his workplace and speaking to a higher ranking officer? If you do try to mention public image as often as possible and the number of people who are members of the public that have seen him abuse his dog and found their image of the police lowered because of it.

Freckles
08-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Just because he pleads not guilty, doesn't mean he will be found not guilty by the court. Especially with witnesses.

Daisy's Mom
08-13-2001, 12:06 AM
That's horrible! But like Freckles said, pleading not guilty certainly doesn't mean that he IS not guilty. He could very well be found guilty and get in a lot of trouble, which is what he deserves. What happened to the poor dog? Did it die? Please keep us updated!

Stenograsaurus
08-13-2001, 11:02 AM
We have a saying here at work, it's "The jail is full of innocent people.". Hopefully he'll be found guilty by a Judge.

Buddy2101
08-13-2001, 01:41 PM
Teh lady next door went over to the house the next night and stole the dog form the guy. The dog has 2 broken legs and a broken rib. The lady took it to her brothers vet 20 muiles from the house of the abuser. She is staying at her brothers house untill the dog is all better. She said "I plan on adopting the dog when he is found guilty. If he is not found guilty I am planing on taking this further". This Lady is fighting for the dog. I hope this is in all of yours prayers. The last I heard the dog was not a working dog. His working dog has been takin away from him. They think the guy also has 5 more dogs in his basement. The neighbors plan on taking in the dogs if they are aloud. The trial is today. I will be able to tell you later what happens.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-13-2001, 02:05 PM
That just makes me soooooooooooo mad!!! :mad: :mad: But, I'm glad that dumb puppy abuser had to go to court. He should be put in jail!!! I hate it when people abuse ANY animal! :rolleyes:

Buddy2101
08-13-2001, 10:28 PM
The guy was found guilty. He has to spend 10 years in jail, has to go to theropy and is never again aloud to own any animal!!!!! As I said befor they thought there was more dogs in the basement, there was. Tehre was 6 dead dog bodys down there. They said it looked like they were beaten to death. There were also 7 dogs adn 12 puppys. The 7 dogs are goiing to live with neighbors of the abuser and the 7 puppys and the mom are going to go live with the lady who took him to court! All ends well! When I heard this I about junmped out of my seat. I gave my dog a big hug! I want you all to give your dogs a hug for me and make sure to tell them that I said that they are lucky to have you guys as owners!

Cinder & Smoke
08-13-2001, 11:15 PM
Hey Buddy ~

What City & State did this happen in?

We ought to write the Judge a big Thank You!

Daisy's Mom
08-14-2001, 12:14 AM
Thank goodness that pyshco is going to be punished. Six dog bodies? That's just disgusting. I am glad all his pets have been confiscated and placed into loving homes. That lady really saved the day, as did the jury! I love happy endings :)

Fuzzy317
08-14-2001, 12:31 AM
I am shocked. :eek: A time when the court system actually did the "right thing" by punishing this creep. :)

Sudilar
08-14-2001, 09:44 AM
Yes, Phred, I think we should all e-mail the judge a big thank you. I hope we can find out who he or she was.

Stenograsaurus
08-14-2001, 11:28 AM
All right, another innocent prisoner. ;) Wow, 10 years!!! He must have had one heck of a criminal background to have such a high gravity score on the sentencing guidelines form. That's one heck of a long sentence. Not that I don't think he deserves it, it's just that the laws are so confusing and are not adequate when it comes to animals. Was this local to Williamsport?

lizbud
08-14-2001, 12:48 PM
While i don't doubt for a minute that this
type of animal abuse can happen anywhere..
and be witnessed by children & adults,or
overheard by a very caring,impressionable
child who later wants with all his/her might
to somehow make everything turn out right.
To see the abuser punished for the terrible
things done to the helpless dogs!!i doubt
that anyone finds a 'write up' of the incident. If any finds one please let us all
know about it. Thanks.

sammi
08-14-2001, 01:18 PM
Sometime ago I looked up under news: Animal abuse cases and come up with a listings of current and past news articles on animal abuse. But I found waaay more than I wanted so will steer clear of that for awhile. :mad: :mad:

Buddy2101
08-14-2001, 11:05 PM
I am trying to find out for you guys. You are right we get a local paper that our town makes. The paper says nothing like that. All I knwo is that the dogs name Is Isabella. It doesn't say the Judges name what court it was in or who the lady even was. I am sorry. I wrote them a letter asking them for this information so I can tell you guys but our town is weird about things like that. I am trying my imploee might know what his is all abotu cause she gets inside scopes on stuff like this cause she loves animals. I am tying and will let you know if I find anything. Sorry again abotu all this.