PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried.......

bluekat
04-28-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi all, I posted yesterday about a baby rabbit that my friend found. So I went over to her house, and the rabbit was so tiny! It was even smaller than the palm of my hand. Well, they called around to vets and asked what formula to give it since its still tiny. I personally don't think they could raise it. You have to mix all these things together, and after feeding it, you have to rub its stomach and all this other stuff. The people at the vet said that its VERY hard to raise a wild bunny, and its so small too. So they said the best thing to do would be let it go. That's what I think too. So, I was very worried about it. My friend then came over to my house, and her brother called later. Now, they have 3 little rabbits! I keep on telling her to let it go, and she keeps on telling me that she knows how to raise it and everything, and they're afraid the rabbits will die out there.
She also has a guinea pig, which she doesn't treat very well, so I'm just worried about the rabbits. I keep on telling her to bring them to the vet, and let them go. She keeps on telling me that she knows how to take care of them. I don't believe her. What do I do?

Desert Arabian
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Does you local animal shelter take wild animals??

Our local humane society takes wild animals. They give them the required care (medicine, surgery, etc.) then they release them. If you humane society has that option...do that! It is very nice. My dad and I took an injured hen Mallard to the Milwaukee Humane Society- they treated it and let it go. This is a good link:
Milwaukee Humane Society: Wildlife Rehabilitation (http://www.wihumane.org/wildlife/wildlife-frameset.html)

:D To me, that's the best option.

bluekat
04-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Ok, my friend just called and told me that one of the rabbits died :( :( :( I guess it wasn't eating or something

moosmom
04-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Bluekat,

I think YLL is right about calling your local Humane Society. They have people that know about rabbits and stuff. Please do this before another one dies. :(