PDA

View Full Version : I joined the Ecorse Rowing Club!!

moosmom
04-27-2003, 07:46 PM
I joined the Ecorse Rowing Club today! I'm so excited. I haven't rowed since I was in high school. They are putting together crews of 4 and 8, all women 50+. I only live a 1/2 mile away from the club house. The club has rowing machines and a nautilus set up. I'll let you know how my body takes it.

I swear my body is rejecting me. I am SO out of shape it's not funny. I borrowed my friend's son's bike to start riding. I just wish I had someone to either walk with or work out with. Hopefully that will come once I get started.

Miss Meow
04-27-2003, 10:04 PM
How exciting! I'm sure your body will re-adapt over the coming weeks and months and you'll think it's one of the greatest things you've done for yourself! :) Maybe one of your crewmembers can go riding with you as well to do some crosstraining?

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 10:14 PM
How fun! :D I'm sure you'll whip yourself into shape in no time. :)

anna_66
04-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Let us know how it goes:)

mugsy
04-28-2003, 08:23 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. I remember you told Mike and I that you were thinking about it when we were at the dog park. Congrats!! Mike and I bought 2 bikes this weekend at a garage sale for $20, so we're going to be bike riding and trying to get in shape. I'll bet I'm farther out of shape than you are! lol

ramanth
04-28-2003, 09:21 AM
That sounds like so much fun! My boss rows (or used to) and has always mentioned that she thought it'd be a fun sport for me to try.

I'm inclined to agree, but haven't had the time lately.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2003, 10:10 AM
How fun!! Rowing is one of may favorite sports. I used to coach a youth team in Gainesville for 2 years and am now coaching the youth team at Ft. Rucker. It's a wonderful sport!

I am sure you will get in shape really quick! Best of luck to you!

moosmom
04-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Rowing runs in my family. My brother started rowing for Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 1966 and rowed through his whole 4 years there. He also coxed. Then he coached the WPI women's crew for a while. He's been coaching for over 25 years and has trained the men's Olympic doubles. Although we don't speak anymore, I'm still proud of him.

Mugsy,

I doubt you're in worse shape than me. I've put on a few pounds since I moved to Michigan (I won't go near a scale) so I really need to get this weight off. Like NOW???

AmberLee
04-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Wow! Sounds challenging, but fun! Keep us posted, please!