PDA

View Full Version : I knew there was a reason I like my dogs better...

Crikit
04-27-2003, 07:39 PM
That's right everyone, at this very moment my opinion of the human species isn't a very pleasent one. I always knew there was a reason I liked dogs and other animals better then a lot of humans.

Yesterday there was a blizzard in the city, yes I said blizzard...it is Calgary after all, we've even had snow in August so a blizzard in April is nothing. Anyway me being the irrational person that I can be at times decided that even though the roads were crap, visibility sucked and well that it was snowing, I decided to take Smudge and Winter to a trial that I had entered them in.

I was fine going out there, had no problems. On the way back though is when things started to go to that warm place in a handbasket. First I had to get a push out of the barns parking lot..snow on top of mud is not the easiest stuff to get out of... then I got stuck in a ditch, and I mean stuck. Luckily I had my cell phone with me and my oldest sister came and got me.

That's where my current hate of the human species began, I was waiting for at least half an hour and in that span at least 50 cars or so passed me. Only four stopped to see if I was okay.

Anyway this afternoon my sister and my other sisters boyfriend drove out in his truck to get the car out of the ditch...one slight problem..some drunken idiots decided over the course of the night that it would be fun to break every single window in my car. We think they were trying to steal it, which makes no sense what so ever because the drivers side was in 3 feet deep snow. We know at least that they started the car however because a guy on a snow mobile turned it off for us...I sort of forgot to take my keys out. I was more worried about myself and the dogs at the time...the doors were locked though, so we thought it would have been fine.

Anyway called the cops some help they were said there was nothing they can do about it, now we just have to get it towed which is what we are going to do now.

Last night however the police impressed me, because they phoned my house when they found the car to make sure that I was okay and that I knew that the car was there.

Anyway thanks for listening to my semi rant.

Oh forgot to say that while we were waiting for the police this afternoon over a hundred cars passed and once again only four stopped to make sure things were alright, the rest just gawked....:mad:

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 07:56 PM
What an awful experience for you. But in defence of the human race (which I also am ashamed to be a member of, sometimes) I too, would not have stopped. Sorry to be one of THOSE people, but I do not have a cell phone for a call to be made, I have NO mechanical experience what so ever, and people scare me, so I would have feared what you could have done to me. The world is too crazy for blind trust. I repeat, sorry. But I am very glad that you and the dogs (if not your car) are OK now.

Crikit
04-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Jen don't worry, I understand, because I'm the same way. It wasn't the fact that they weren't stopping that got me it was more that they all slowed down and gawked, like it was some kind of sideshow meant for their entertainment.

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a tough time, but glad everyone made it home okay.

I don't know if I would have stopped or not. I do have a cell phone, so I would have at the very least called the police and had them check out the situation. If I saw your dogs with you, I think I would have stopped. While it isn't always the right decision, I tend to trust someone with dogs more then someone without.

Crikit
04-27-2003, 11:33 PM
Well Syd's (that would be what I've named my car. Syd da Sentra) been towed to an auto body shop that a family friend works at, he's going to do what he can to get it fixed.

When my sister and I got back to the car to meet the driver, we discovered that it was close to tipping, and covered in snow again. We dug it out earlier in the day when we first got there and discovered that it was trashed. Only in the span of four hours the city decided to plow the roads. The idiots. Because of the plowing and the wind the inside of my car was covered in snow, and there was tons of snow packed around the outside of it.

The tow truck driver was great though, apparently it was the worst call he'd had all weekend and he'd had alot fo calls. But he helped us dig the car out again, pulled it out and then hooked it up to the truck. He then told us to go home and rest and that he would drop the car and keys off at the shop for us. We were going to follow him to the shop.

It doesn't look like there is any mechanical problems just body...like the huge dent that the drunken idiots put in the passenger door, which makes the door unusable. All the windows broken, glass everywhere and stuff like that.

wolf_Q
04-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time! :( I hope your car will be able to be fixed! I can't believe the idiots who broke the windows! :mad:

I've never stopped for anyone....just because I'd be of no use, really.......I have no cell phone, nor the ability to fix any sort of car problems.

lbaker
04-28-2003, 07:03 AM
I've no cell and no mechanical skills but if I'ld seen someone with dogs, stranded.... you can bet your booty I would have at least offered a ride somewhere safe or at least a warm car to sit in while you were waiting for help. I've always trusted people w/ an animal and *fortunately, luckely?* have never been disapointed. Good luck to you and hope the spring brings better "vibes".
Laurie

lovemyshiba
04-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Sorry you had such a rough time, and I'm glad you and the dogs are ok. As far as Syd the Sentra goes, I hope they can fix her up quickly for you!!!
I'm not sure about stopping either--although in a blizzard and a girl with dogs--maybe. I at least would have slowed down, and yelled out to you to see if things were ok, or used my cell to call the police or someone to help you out.

anna_66
04-28-2003, 07:35 AM
Why in the world would someone want to break all your windows out...guess like you said stupid. I really don't understand people sometimes.
Glad to hear it got towed and things are ok. Sorry about your terrible time, and all the snow in your car:(

Cisco's Mom
04-28-2003, 08:06 AM
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: