PDA

View Full Version : My pet died today! 4-26-03

silpugs
04-27-2003, 06:43 PM
I lost my pet parakeet to day after 10 years of happiness that he gave me. I grew to love him just like a dog. He followed me all around the house andjust like a dog, would sit near us at the dinner table waiting for us to drop food. I cried for hours. I buried it in our yard. My husband made him a wooden box. I just want to say that This little thing gave me days and days of happiness and unconditional love. I don't know how I will get over this but time! :(

Dogz
04-27-2003, 06:46 PM
I am soooo sorry to hear that! Yes, time will heal. :(

slick
04-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk and it's so sad that your first thread has to be so painful. I had parakeets growing up and they were my best friends too!! Safe trip to the RB little one! What was his name? Any chance you could honour him by posting some pictures??

silpugs
04-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh my, I don't know how to do anything on this site. I am new. I am still in mourning, but I would love to honor him. How do I do this. Thank for the reply. It made me feel better.

joycenalex
04-27-2003, 06:59 PM
such a pretty bird! i am so sorry for your loss. the only comfort is to tell you,your feathered baby is sitting in a tree at the rainbow bridge, singing happily and waiting for you. please accept my sympathies

RubyMutt
04-27-2003, 07:04 PM
He was a beautiful bird. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :( I used to have 4 parakeets of my own. I hope they have greeted your bird at the Rainbow Bridge.

PayItForward
04-27-2003, 07:07 PM
What a beautiful bird. I'm glad you have good memories and lots of love from your feathered friend.

I'm sorry about your loss but he's waiting for you at RB.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

PS. Why don't you tell us about him and how you adopted him.

Dogz
04-27-2003, 07:08 PM
That is a very beautiful bird!:) Very sorry for your loss.:(

WELCOME TO PT!

slick
04-27-2003, 07:08 PM
He is soooo sweet! Take comfort in knowing he's happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge playing with all the other birdies up there. You will meet him again some day.

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Welcome to pet talk. I am sorry it is under such sad circumstances. Your beloved bird was very beautiful. You are lucky to have had the 10 wonderful years together. Think of all the memories that you can keep alive, and he will always be with you.

carole
04-27-2003, 08:20 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, its a very difficult time, just hope being here on pet talk is of some comfort to you, why dont you honour him by a pet memoriam on the net, i did this and found it extremely healing, i chose cherished moments, im sorry i cant remember the others but i am certain you will find one suitable to honour your parakeet. just a thought, take care and in time the pain will ease.:)

popcornbird
04-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Welcome to PT! I'm so very sorry about your loss. :(:(:( Your sweet parakeet lived a long and healthy life with you. 10 years of love between a pet and its mommy is long. It will definitely take time to heal. :( Your bird was beautiful and very much loved. I'm so very sorry about your loss. :(

Cheshirekatt
04-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Gosh, I'm so sorry about your loss. Your birdie was a most beautiful budgie and I'm sure will be missed greatly. Welcome to Pet Talk and feel free to grieve here with us if you need to.

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm so sorry to hear that your bird has passed away. :( He sure was beautiful. At least you got to spend 10 wonderful years with him. Just try to remember this when you're feeling sad. Now he's at Rainbow Bridge and he's healthy and flying around with all the other birds. RIP sweet birdie.
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/rainbow.gif

04-28-2003, 01:51 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...! :( :(
I know how it feels to loose a much loved pet, as I lost my sweetheart Sydney (black male cat) last summer...:( !
It will take you a while to get over it; if I may give you a good advize : adopt a new bird as soon as possible. Some Pettalkers told me the same when Sydney died, and believe me, it helped!! I am still mourning over Sydney, but I can give all my love to my two new cats Maya & Inka:D :D :D

marysmerrycats
04-28-2003, 02:30 AM
welcome to pettalk.

I'm very sorry about your loss. he was a beautiful bird! with time it will get easier, and you will have many happy memories of him.

Ann
04-28-2003, 03:30 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that... He was a beautiful bird *hugs*

anna_66
04-28-2003, 07:48 AM
I know they can be true friends, my mother-in-law had one for over 10 years also & when he died she was devistated.

I think it was carole who was saying you should honor him by putting him on a pet memorial on the internet, I did this with my RB Keisha (http://www.geocities.com/heavens_garden_memorials/garden2.html). Here is where mine is if your interested in doing that
Heaven's Garden Memorials (http://www.geocities.com/heavens_garden_memorials/)

We'd love to see more pictues if you'd like to share.

Cisco's Mom
04-28-2003, 08:03 AM
What a gorgeous bird!! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.:( Ten years is a very long time and I'm sure that all the good memories will soon replace all the pain.;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2003, 08:24 AM
I am sorry to hear about your lost. I am sure he will be missed.

ramanth
04-28-2003, 09:22 AM
So very sorry to hear of your loss. :(

RubyMutt
04-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I think it was carole who was saying you should honor him by putting him on a pet memorial on the internet, I did this with my RB Keisha (http://www.geocities.com/heavens_garden_memorials/garden2.html). Here is where mine is if your interested in doing that
Heaven's Garden Memorials (http://www.geocities.com/heavens_garden_memorials/)

Thanks for posting this link! I've never seen that site before, I'd like to make some memorials for my RB pets. :)

MaxandSpike'sMom
04-28-2003, 09:47 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I know how difficult loosing a pet can be.

tatsxxx11
04-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Please accept my most heartfelt condolences...What a beautiful Budgie your boy was. You and he were so blessed to have shared such a deep, loving bond these past ten years. We all know how great your grief is and how your heart is breaking. Hopefully in time the many happy memories you made will fill your heart and the pain will lessen. I know that Chubb knew how very loved he was, every day of his life. Spread your wings and soar, healthy and whole again, basking in the warmth and sunshine of the Rainbow Bridge, dear Chubb. And sometime, in the distant future, you and your Mom will be together again. Love, Sandra

bluekat
04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Welcome to PT.....
I'm so sorry to hear about your bird though, he is very beautiful. Like the others said, it is very painful losing a pet, and time will heal.

HoRsELUvR
04-28-2003, 07:08 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your bird.:(

carole
04-28-2003, 10:18 PM
thankyou rubymutt for putting the website on there, i could not remember that one, my sooti is on there too, i put him on at least three two overseas and one in new zealand. It really helped me so much, the tears were pouring as i wrote it, but it was good to get it all out.
Getting a new parakeet will help ease the pain , but only when u feel the time is right, it will never replace your birdie, but it will be a new pet, with whom you can bond and love, and the pain will ease and you will be left with just lovely memories instead of the hurt, i know believe me. take care and let them tears just flow and flow.

KYS
04-28-2003, 10:34 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk.
I am so sorry to hear about your pet parakeet.
He sounds like he was a character with a lot of
personality.

silpugs
05-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much for your email. It was so nice and it did make mee feel better. It is nice that there are people who understand that these animals touch our hearts!