PDA

View Full Version : my foster, Bonnie

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Here is the first picture I got of Bonnie, my pregnant foster cat. She is still VERY scared.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pac429130b4052c7c5b7bd5ddb03c1e4b/fc42e90c.jpg

slick
04-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Bonnie, you are beautiful and you are in such a great foster home. Don't be scared. You will be well looked-after and we can't wait to see pictures of your babies.

PayItForward
04-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh,she's very sweet.

When are her babies due ? Or is it just a waiting game ?

tatsxxx11
04-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Awwww, sweet baby, don't be scared!! You're in the BEST home!!:) I'm sure she'll settle in very soon Jen! When's the big day???

Miss Meow
04-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Poor Bonnie, must be scary for her in a new situation. But she's definitely in the best of hands :) She's a very striking cat, I bet her kittens are going to be the most divine little babies :)

rg_girlca
04-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Aww poor baby. You can see the scared look on her little face. Don't worry sweetheart, you are in very good hands. Good luck with her jenluckenbach.

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 06:43 PM
no one knows, it is a waiting game.:confused:

Cataholic
04-27-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi Bon-Bon! Motherhood is almost upon us...I wonder how many kitties you will squeeze out? If you have 6, then, the household will be at an 'even' 20!!!:eek:

I think 20 is a very nice number, don't you?

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Please don't be scared Bonnie you're in a very loving home now. I'm sure she'll settle in as she gets used to her surroundings. I also can't wait to see pics of her beautiful kittens. :) Will you be keeping any of them Jen?

Pam
04-28-2003, 06:17 AM
Beautiful Bonnie Mommy-to-Be! I love that picture of you Bonnie, with your cute little ears each going in a different direction! :) It truly looks like you are picking up signals from everywhere. I hope you will be able to settle down soon and relax in your new temporary home. You have landed in the bestest home you could ever hope to find to have your precious little ones. Do you realize you will have lots of 'aunt and uncle kitties" right there who will want to come see them. :) I think your new foster mom just might want one of those precious babies for her very own. Yep, it wouldn't surprise me at all! ;) Would that be OK Bonnie? Good luck with her Jen. We'll be following her progress through you! :)

HayleyRosie
04-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Bonnie, you are beautiful. Don't be scared, you are in a great home.

Jen, Congratulations on being able to foster an expecting mommy. I have been away so I must have missed your thread giving this great news. Sorry.:(

catmandu
04-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Bonnie, dont be afraid , you are in the hands of someone who loves you , and will keep you from harm. Jen will make sure your little ones will have the best of care , and now you will be safe and well! Bless you Jen , and purrrrs and Meeeeeeows from the lost cats hotel !

2kitties
04-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Oh my goodness- what a sweet face she has. I love her big green eyes.
Bonnie, you will be so happy having your babies in your new foster home. Don't be afraid.

K & L
04-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh she looks so sweet!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Bonnie, I am sure you will soon relax, when you realise what a wonderful safe place you are in to have your babies.

Jen - I am lloking forward to sharing this experience with you - thanks for the photo - keep 'em coming!!;)

jenluckenbach
04-28-2003, 12:08 PM
today I put a Feliway Comfort Zone plug in diffuser in her room. We will see if this stuff really works or not.

K & L
04-28-2003, 12:10 PM
Is she letting you anywhere near her yet?

ramanth
04-28-2003, 12:17 PM
My stray/feral that wouldn't even let me anywhere near him, slowly came out of his shell after a couple days of having the Feliway Comfort Zone plugged in.

I hope it works for you too.

Bonnie is so cute!

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
today I put a Feliway Comfort Zone plug in diffuser in her room. We will see if this stuff really works or not.

Chinadoll
04-28-2003, 12:33 PM
So cute and so scared. Poor Baby. Best of luck to the Mommy to be.

Barbara
04-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Bonnie, you have a sweet little-tiger face. You'll have wonderful babies and you'll be soooo proud:D :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Oh, poor Bonnie, please don't be scared. You look like a real sweet kitty, and you're in the best home ever, so please try and relax so you can be the best mommy to your little kittens.

I sure hope the Feliway helps. She just looks so scared. :(

Good luck Jen, and please keep us updated. Since it's a waiting game, I'll just be sitting here waiting for the post title "New Kittens" or "Bonnie's Kittens Have Arrived!" ;) :D

NoahsMommy
04-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh Bonnie, you are such a pretty mommy! We'll be saying prayers for a quick and safe delivery day.

I know its scarey to be in a new place, especially with babies on their way. But, you are in a wonderful place with a very caring and kind meowmie.

Take care sweet girl. :)

batgirl1980
04-28-2003, 06:20 PM
What a beautiful girl! Don't be scared Bonnie.. I know you're going through a lot being prego and in a new home.. but you're in the best place any cat could be! You couldn't have a more loving meowmie! :D

Good luck jen! I can't wait to hear how it goes when the babies come!

jenluckenbach
04-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Still to trust from little Bonnie.:( She did eat some during the day today (before today, she'd only sneak food at night). Hopefully by tomorrow the Feliway will be starting to help her calm down. I sure am glad the babies are waiting.

kimlovescats
04-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh, Jen ... I just now checked in to the boards for today. Bonnie is so pretty! I LOVE those brown tabbies... she's gonna be a hard one to say bye to!!! I know she will have the most adorable kittens too! She will come around, my feral mom has improved immensely!!! Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!:D

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 01:39 AM
she's very pretty, and very lucky to be in your home Jen!

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 01:40 AM

thats what we got for Callie, and I think it is working at least so far!

IttyBittyKitty
04-29-2003, 04:29 AM
...To see the little babies when they are born! Good luck with the beautiful Mumma-to-be and her babies! We absolutely must see pics! And more pics of Mumma!

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 06:12 AM
NO progress yet. Well maybe one teeny tiny bit of progress. Bonnie did stand on the floor at the window and look at me before climbing back up to the sill. Come on Feliway, do your stuff!!!!
She has been eating 4 oz. dry kitten food a day. Is that enough for her? I mean, I offer her more, but that is all she eats. (I measure it every morning) She has yet to try any of the wet food I have tried offering her. I have canned kitten milk, should I offer her some of that?

K & L
04-29-2003, 10:51 AM
http://www.thecatsite.com/nutrition/queen.html

kimlovescats
04-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Jen .... I wouldn't worry too much about feeding her lots of different things... just give her a high-calorie kitten food and fresh water ... momma will be fine!!!! Once she starts nursing, she will have a ravenous appetite. If her eating slows down , she is probably getting closer to delivery! Try to relax ... I'm sure everything will be just fine! ;)

Kirsten
04-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh, sweet little Bonnie, I wish you'll realize soon that there is nothing to fear! You're in a good place to have your kittens!

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
04-29-2003, 04:19 PM
Sounds like she's slowly feeling comforable with you. Hopefully the Feliway will kick in sooner. You may want to try Rescue Remedy in her water as well.

I'm getting excited for kitten day!! :)

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 05:28 PM
I actually have resuce remedy in the house but was reluctant to use it. I did not want her to NOT drink because the water "tasted funny". Besides, since rescue remedy is also for humans, I tried it 2 times on myself and I did not like the results. I decided to only give it to the cats as a last resort.

kimlovescats
04-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Jen, I don't think any chemicals are needed. Just let her do her own thing until she delivers. When you come in and start handling her babies, you can start gently petting her as well. Just give it some time, and let nature take its course! ;)

jenluckenbach
04-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks Kim. I just don't want to startle her after she gives birth. I am really scared that if I can't touch her BEFORE, I won't feel comfortable touching her after. I did do a tiny bit of rearranging the things in her room that will give her more of a sence of privacy. i think she will like this change and it still leaves easy access.