PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy Cockatiels?

Tweety_Pie
04-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi.

I was just at PetsMart and I was looking at the cockatiels. I noticed that one of them had droppings stuck to it's bum, another one was in the corner of the cage shaking, and one of the other ones when it was cleaning itself, It lifted up it's feathers and there was blood all under the feathers! I didn't really say anything to the people that worked there because I wasn't sure. There was also alot of runny droppings on the bottom of the cage.

Do you think they were sick?
:confused:

primabella
04-27-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, to just simply answer your question, yes I think they are sick. A shaking, bloody, or one with runny dropppings cannot possible be considered healthy.I would have definitly mentionned this to an employee.

Tweety_Pie
04-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Next time I go to petsmart I will tell the employee. I find that PetsMart has better supplies, but there pets arn't very healthy looking. I find that the same with Petco. But not all Petsmart and Petco's are bad. I buy my animals usually at Little Critters or Critter Jungle<----- (thats where I got Dexter)

Teaps
04-29-2003, 04:38 PM
I've never heart of petco or petsmart, but her in Kelowna, BC. we have Total Pet, Petcetera, and Pampered Pets. The best place to buy a bird is at pampered pets ebcause they treat their birdies AWESOMELY(my own word) but for accessories like cages or foods, go to pet cetera, and for reptiles and accessories, you'd go to Total Pet

tikeyas_mom
04-29-2003, 05:09 PM
hey teaps I am from Kelowna B.C to.

I think Total pet is the best to there birds because they clip there wings and they are mostly tame and come onto your hand after a while of having it in there tank :D.

Pampered pets is awsome to there birds to, but they house pidgions and cockatiels together which isnt good they have totally different diet plans and crud.

Teaps
04-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah...I think total pet is the best with their birds for sure...wow,...how convient to find sopmeone from kelowna here...lol