PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh.. Houston, We have a problem.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-27-2003, 04:02 PM
My dad just called me out into the living room. I go out there, and he's pointing out the window. The cat is outside. Popeye has gotten out, we have no clue when, last night, this morning, whenever, and she isn't spayed. I KNOW, she should be but my parents never take her. I remind them all the time. And right now, she's in heat. I wouldn't mind having kittens around again, and people at my mom's work take the kittens we have, but in a way, I don't want her to have kittens, ya know? *sigh* Pray she won't have kittens...

PayItForward
04-27-2003, 04:15 PM
I hope for everyones sake your cat isn't pregnant.

I do not blame you for having an animal which needs to be altered as you are a minor but why won't your parents help you ?

Surely it would be cheaper to get her altered than to keep having to deal with kittens and further health care cost associated with Mommy cats.

If it's a money issue, maybe you can speak to your local vets and shelters. You might get an offer of cheap or free spaying. As it will save the shelter dealing with future litters from your cat.

I know you have housed past litters yourself and that was the right thing to do but there will be a limited to the number of kittens which can be adopted via your mums work. Eventually everyone who wants one will have one. Any further litters will then end up at local shelters.

Best of luck with your kitty.
Please, Please, Please look into getting a cheap deal on spaying. I'm sure if you explain people will be willing to help.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-27-2003, 04:17 PM
One more question-- how long does it take for a cat to get pregnant? Do they stop acting so weird once they are pregnant? Because she was in heat while she was out and now shes acting normal.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Is there anyway I can tell if she's pregnant right now?

PayItForward
04-27-2003, 05:32 PM
No idea, try asking a vet.

Hopefully someone else will post, answers.

moosmom
04-27-2003, 05:58 PM
I pray your cat isn't already pregnant. But it IS kitten season so it only takes one time for a cat to become pregnant. If she is, her nipples will become pink and noticeable. The best way is to take her to the vet.

Someone needs to seriously talk to your parents about pet responsibility. I'm not yelling at you, as you're a minor. But your parents should know better. Shame on them!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-27-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm trying and I think, if she does have kittens this time it will hit them that if they don't want the responsibility of having kittens around they should do something. I'm saving up my money to help get her spayed.

PayItForward
04-28-2003, 05:06 AM
Good luck with the savings (But ask around, you might get it done cheap/free)

marysmerrycats
04-28-2003, 01:07 PM
i agree, your parents should know better. she got out, I would bet that she will have kittens. how many litters has she had in the past?

2kitties
04-28-2003, 01:41 PM
In certain circumstances, and if caught early enough, pregnant cats can be spayed.

CathyBogart
04-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Yes, even if she is pregnant look into getting her spayed! It's the responsible thing to do and your parents should know that! *growl*

bluekat
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
I don't know how long it takes for them to become pregnant, but I definately hope she doesn't have babies!