PDA

View Full Version : The Story of how a Dog saved my life.....

girl sleuth
04-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Once, when I was about 6 years old, I was at my aunt's house. Ya see, she has this trench type thing in her back yard. Now, it's not that deep but still. It had rain really hard the day before. So, inside the trench, the drainish pipe thing was gushing out water. So me and my cousins desided to be stupid and play in it. (We do stupid stuff all the time anyway) So we get in and they're up were the water's gushin' out, and I'm workin' my way up to it. Apartently, the current was to hard for me and it scooped me off my feet! So here I am trying to yell "Help!" while I'm swallowing water every second or so. As you can imagine, they couldn't hear me. Then here comes this big Golden Retriever trotting along side the trench while I'm holding on to grass. So I'm thinkin' "Oh great! This just makes things worse." Before this happen I had met this dog named Red, the one trotting, and I was scared of him. Ok, back to the story. Then, he lifts me out of the water, and the next thing I know --- I'm on dry ground!!! :D Ever since that day, I've loved dogs. :) And this story is in no itty bitty way made up.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-27-2003, 02:24 PM
thats great! I love dogs too!:D esspecially goldens!

Cisco's Mom
04-27-2003, 03:35 PM
WOW!! That is some story. I mean what a great way to learn to love dogs.:) I sure am glad that golden was there cause who knows what could have been!:eek: BTW- welcome to Pet Talk!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pf8dcdd7c5b0fdffb522fd28e2b5b9e5f/fc4ef5fa.gif

ramanth
04-28-2003, 08:31 AM
What a wonderful story! :)

Welcome to Pet Talk!

lbaker
04-28-2003, 09:12 AM
WE ARE FAMILY:D Welcome to the sometimes "nutty do stupid things" supporters. Welcome

girl sleuth
05-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Thanks everybody! :D

primabella
05-02-2003, 07:37 PM
What an amazing story. I hope you gave ol' Red a great big hug!

RubyMutt
05-03-2003, 12:25 AM
That is a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us :) Welcome to Pet Talk!! :D