PDA

View Full Version : Cat Tunnels

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Do your cats like to play around / in these cat tunnels? (nylon outside, soft lining with batting in the middle , and a wire frame to keep them open.

I want to order one for Ally off the internet (It's her 2nd Birthday on May 12th) , but I'm not sure if she will like it.:rolleyes:

Efrat
04-27-2003, 12:53 PM
My boys love them... they play in them (especially chase each other in then at 2:00am and make lots of noise) and also sleep inside... and most important - when guests come they hide deep inside :)

slick
04-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Nope, neither one will go near them. I've spend $$$ on tunnels and trees and other accessories that have just made their way to my local humane society. They each prefer the bed and Speckles does have her favourite chair.

Miss Meow
04-27-2003, 05:45 PM
We are buying Friskies dry cat food at the moment, as six tokens from the boxes will get us a free tunnel - so I will find out in a couple of months!

moosmom
04-27-2003, 05:55 PM
My cats have two of them. They play with them once in a while. My cats are SO spoiled it's pathetic! The only things they seem to REALLY use are the cat trees.

The tent I got out of Fosters and Johnson was used by Casey (RB, 12/2002). My new cat Doogie uses it now (deja' vu or what??).

Prairie Purrs
04-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Mine will occasionally play with the cat tunnel, but for the most part they ignore it. Put a brown grocery bag on the floor, though, and they'll play in that until the bag's in tatters. Cats! :rolleyes:

Cataholic
04-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Mine play with the nylon tent, so, I think the tunnel would be a great gift too!

carole
04-27-2003, 09:06 PM
that offer is available in nz too, so i am gonna try and get enough tokens to get my free one, only 10.000 available here so i better be quick, i think lexie would enjoy it.

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 09:14 PM
I don't own one but I know that Sunny and Cirrus would love it. Maybe I'll get them one for Christmas. I think they already have way too many cat toys now. :D They are very spoiled. :)

Chinadoll
04-28-2003, 02:27 AM
I made one for my kitties..about 4 feet long and I think 12 to 18 inches in diameter(can't remember). When they're really hyper they'll chase each other through it otherwise it gets ignored. I'm slowly starting to realize that all the cool toys out there are really for humans...the cats are more than happy with a paperbag or cardboard box!

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-29-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all the advice..I'll spend a bit more time looking around the internet for a special present - it's not every day little miss Ally cat turns TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

04-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by lut
Hey, I will check out if that offer is also available here in Belgium!

:( :( No luck.....!! :( :(

marysmerrycats
04-29-2003, 03:13 PM
I highly recommend the tunnels! I have some and my cats love them! I got them for Christmas, and they went crazy! they still like to play in them. I also have the connector, which I could only find on ebay, but petsmart has the tunnels for $10 cheaper than ebay, at least at xmas time that was true.:)

NoahsMommy
04-29-2003, 03:19 PM
The only cat that likes the tunnel is Noel. We got it for Christmas and it took her at least a few months to care about it. :rolleyes:

They seem like they would be fun, at least to me. Its always a guessing game when buying stuff like that.

We went to a cat show a few weeks ago and got a kitty bed. Noel and Noah are finally laying in it... :)

carole
04-29-2003, 07:17 PM
i guess cats are like humans, different toys for different cats, i find mostly my lexie enjoys anything u drag around she can chase, the best part was i had a big tow rope i drag around the section and both cats even old ash participates with this little game, he is there chasing it too, usually the expensive toys they just turn their noses up at and walk away.:)