PDA

View Full Version : please read ASAP

ilovehounds
08-10-2001, 11:13 AM
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 3:33 PM
Subject: Fw: DOG SAVES HUMAN LIVES IN JUNE. NOW IN KILL SHELTER.

PLEASE CROSS-POST TO GSD RESCUE. CONTACT INFO BELOW. LOCATION IS FORT PIERCE, FLORIDA HUMANE SOCIETY.

Dog saves owner from fire; now in shelter, to be put to sleep

Associated Press

FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A 17-year-old German shepherd that saved his owner and three other people from a trailer fire is now in a shelter with his brother, and both are scheduled to be put to sleep within days.

In June, Boomer was credited with barking and nipping awake his owner, Tascha Haskell, her mother and others in the home so they could escape the fire.

But the fire forced Haskell to place Boomer and his 17-year-old brother, Precious, at the local Humane Society animal shelter.

Haskell and her mother were staying at the trailer, owned by a friend, because their home had been foreclosed.

Haskell is currently staying with friends who could not take in the dogs and her mother, Diana Durrance, is staying at a motel that does not allow pets. Boomer and Precious have been at the shelter since Aug 1.

The two older dogs are not considered very adoptable because most people prefer puppies, said Humane Society Director Mike Morris. Morris said he doesn't want to euthanize Boomer and Precious but said he doesn't have a choice.

"They've only got a few more days," he said.

Haskell said she is looking for a job and trying to save money in order to find a place to live, but it won't be in time to save the dogs.

"They're really good dogs," she said. "I don't want them to die."

The humane society number is 561-461-0687. Mike Morris, the director's extension is 4.
The reporter that initially did the story is Paula Holzman. 561-461-2054

Had it been a human who saved these people would have been awarded... a animal, he deserves no "thanks".. This shows so much kindness by the human society, they always know the proper way to"thank" their companions..
ANIMAL ABUSE-The ultimate act of cowardice and mental derangement!!
~Their CareTakers~

ShepherdLover
08-10-2001, 02:25 PM
I subscribe to GSD-L e-mail list and I believe that this dog is now in a new home. I'm not positive that it's the same dog though.

Sudilar
08-10-2001, 02:53 PM
Becky, what e-mail list is that? Can you give me some info? Does it tell of GSDs that need rescuing? Thanks!

Daisy's Mom
08-10-2001, 10:00 PM
Delidog posted about the sweet pups under Dog Rescue, and from what she says, I think the situation is under control now, thank goodness! What a close call for such sweet little canine heros!

delidog
08-10-2001, 10:10 PM
deli here!!!! SPENCER THE LION SENT ME INFO TO SAY THAT THEY HAD BEEN ADOPTED i will check in the a.m.....i know that they are off death row....but i had to go back to work today...so i couldn't be there 24/7...but i will make sure that they are o.k.!!!!!!!i have great hope for these 2 elder statesman......i am well aware of the others to be adopted....that very facility is where i got "the deli dog!!!"i wish that i could take them all....but icannot even have one more!!!!!!i am at pet overload!!!!!!!the deli dog :) ;)