PDA

View Full Version : new harness

wolfsoul
04-26-2003, 09:18 PM
I was out garage saling today ( I LOVE garage saling! :D) and I spotted a large dog harness. It was only two dollars so I bought it...I even figured out a way to tie ropes to it so Timber can pull a sled in the winter! ;) I'm hoping it will be better than a halti...

Does anyone use these? Any opinions?

Thanks is advance :)

Dogz
04-26-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey, I love your sig!

I am hoping I will be able to get Prince used to pulling too! I need to start looking for some harnesses, so I think I am going to check out ebay later this summer. Also I wan't to get a cart/wagon.:D

wolfsoul
04-27-2003, 12:01 AM

Yeah, I'm going to use the harness when we are usually walking, but I'm also going to use it for pulling lol, if that makes sense :p I wish so much for her to be a sled dog...She would be great...See, how I'll do this is, when we are walking, I'll use it normally, with the leash attached to the ring so it will tighten on her shoulders when she pulls. But when she's pulling I want to get two ropes and tie them to the side ropes of the harness so it won't tighten :D

wolf_Q
04-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Normally a harness makes it easier for a dog to pull (unless it's a no-pull harness or something, duh).....and a halti makes it so they can't pull. So I'm not sure how you can compare them.

If you want her to pull a sled and wear the harness, but you don't like her to pull on regular walks, then I wouldn't use it on regular walks...otherwise you're kind of defeating the purpose.

wolfsoul
04-27-2003, 12:12 AM
No, I said I'm doing it different on walks and sled pulls. On walks, I'm putting the leash on the ring that makes it tighten on her shoulders and legs when she pulls. She will hate that. She can't stand it when things control her body lol.
When we are sledding, I'm setting it up so it doesn't tighten. It will give her room to run and won't hurt her. She will notice the difference.

wolf_Q
04-27-2003, 12:23 AM
You must have a different harness then most I've seen then. I have one for Nebo that I used to use when I walked him. Now I only use it to attach to his seat belt in the car.

I had it on him when I went to the Basic Obedience class, and they advised me against using it to train a dog to not pull...as it is easier for a dog to pull with it's entire body vs. neck.

wolfsoul
04-27-2003, 12:26 AM
This one is alot like a halti..It has a ring just like one, and when she pulls, it will tighten around her legs, shoulders and neck like a halti tightens on a muzzle. I'm guessing it came from the same company?

wolf_Q
04-27-2003, 12:55 AM
It must be some type of "no-pull" harness.....there are several on the market.

AmylovesMisty
04-27-2003, 08:11 AM
i use them ...i use it so misty doesnt choke when she sees 1 squirrel..or DEER! I think they are wonderful to just have..misty likes it better so she doesnt choke to death..lol..its much easier to control them too when the go buzurk(sp?) for a dog,cat,animal,jogger,kids,biker(yeah mistys a lil err)

Overall i give it a 5 star rating!