PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Pennsylvania!!!

Pam
04-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Well I guess I am the first to return home from our Super Duper Pennsylvania Pet Talk meeting. I have to say that this PA. bunch of Pet Talkers is an awesome group! I sooooo much enjoyed meeting everyone and pictures will be coming soon. I think I will work on an Imagestation album just for this. I'll be back soon! Anyone else ready with pics to post? I think Karen & Paul and Laurie are staying overnight so we won't hear from them until tomorrow.

We had a nice day with temps in the low 60's and only a misting of rain early on. The middle of the day was nice and we never needed to even think about opening an umbrella. On the way home we rode through quite a downpour but at least for the time we spent with our fellow Pet Talkers the weather was great.

Only two Pet Talker pets came to the event even though there were several dogs in attendance. My Ripley was there as well as Laurie's Badger. What a handsome sweet boy he was! I will start to work on that album and hopefully others will be able to contribute pics as they return home. :)

slick
04-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see pictures. It's really nice when you can put a face to a name.:D

Christiansmommy
04-26-2003, 07:52 PM
We had a lot of fun, and of course everyone was super friendly! Glad i was apart of it :) I have time to show a few pics...

Starting from left to right...Karen (founder), Jen Luckenbach, her husband, Karen (k9Karen), Pam and Ripley, stroller-Christian, Paul behind Laurie (lbaker) and Badger.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p52347fd608a9b50579a0681316915686/fc446180.jpg

One more...

Aspen and Misty, Soxie,Karen, Britt (FloppsyLady Sally89), Britt's mom,Jen, her husband,K9Karen's boyfriend, Christian-stroller, Pam and Ripley, Laurie and Badger, Karen,Laurie's daughter in law. Sorry some of you are cut in half :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pc0fc84242bafa37f0785c75604af463e/fc4461b1.jpg

Pam
04-26-2003, 08:16 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290280037
To view some pictures from today just click above. :)

Jessica12345
04-26-2003, 08:21 PM
oh wow!:) it looks like you had so much fun!:D

Cataholic
04-26-2003, 08:27 PM
How great to see the pictures of you guys! Nice sweatshirt, Jen...and nice to see a description of your head so close- BALL!! He he he

Logan
04-26-2003, 08:46 PM
BRAVO!!!!! I am headed to Imagestation shortly. Got to get all these "chilluns" to bed first!!! :)

aly
04-26-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm glad you all had fun :) Thanks for posting the pictures - what a great looking bunch! I am going to go look at Pam's album now :)

Laurie - Badger is a HANDSOME guy ! My dogs are so excited to see their Auntie Laurie again :)

Miss Meow
04-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh YAY!!! What an awesome day, wish I could have been there to meet you all. Look forward to seeing more pics :)

Rachel
04-26-2003, 09:55 PM
I can barely contain myself knowing all the fun you had. What great pictures. K9Karen, some of those kissies you were bestowing on Ripley better have been from the *other aunties*, if you get my drift.

I loved all the excitement leading up to this event and it looks like it fulfilled everyone's expectations. Thanks for taking all those pictures. They are just wonderful. Like Jen said in the other thread, I hope everyone will share their experiences.

A special thanks to the parents who made it possible for the *youngins* to attend, and to the assorted significant others who accompanied our PTers. Also to Ripley and Badger who represented the Pets of Pet Talk. You two rock!:D

wolfsoul
04-26-2003, 10:00 PM
You guys look like you had so much fun! :) I wish I could have gone :( Too bad I have to live all the way overhere :( *sigh*

Aspen and Misty
04-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Although me and my dad came an hour later then we were supposed to, and Jen and Karen had to chase after us screaming my name really loud, LOL, we had the best time ever!

That was soooo much fun! Wait till you see the pics I got! And don't worry everyone! I have like 5 pics of Ripley enjoying the attenttion!

I will hopfully have pictures tonight or tomrrow, but now, I have to go tell my mom and sister all about the fun we had, just can't keep it to myself!!

Ash :D

zippy-kat
04-26-2003, 10:58 PM
So wonderful to see (and hear about) the fun you had! More photos! More photos! ;)

Barbara
04-27-2003, 05:44 AM
It's somehow unfair that the dogz always can go and the katz have to stay at home:( :p
And it's unfair that I couldn't go:(
I am glad that you had a wonderful time:) :D :) :D

PayItForward
04-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Loved the photos but I need to hear more about the day. What events did you guys watch etc.

Pam
04-27-2003, 06:30 AM
They had a whole listing of events going on throughout the day. If you would like to see the events you may click here: http://www.devalcol.edu/aday/index.htm We didn't see everything because of course we were busy getting acquainted and yacking. :D We saw the cows but didn't catch the milking demonstration. We did see the llamas go through their paces - they can handle a small obstacle course, sort of like llama agility! There was an indoor floral exhibit and lots of places to buy things to bring home and an indoor craft show with some very nice things. That is where Jen got her sweatshirt and I got a scented wax covered pine cone, complete with 9 month guarantee and it smells heavenly! There were lots of things for children - face painting, pony rides and games. Christiansmommy managed to win him three goldfish at one of the games and they are now Pet Talk's official latest fin members. All in all it was a lot of fun and the weather cooperated. My little Ripley did get car sick on the way over but I was prepared for such an event so it wasn't too bad. He did fine on the way home and slept the whole trip because he was tuckered out from all the walking. I would definitely like to go back next year and maybe more Pet Talkers can join us. :) (PS - see Jen's thread about the PA Pet Talk Report for more info) :)

AmylovesMisty
04-27-2003, 07:55 AM
You look like you had a great time..i laughed when i saw the llamas..I wish i could have been there ...my mom said i am too young and we have no relatives in PA! Maybe when im a little older perhaps?We'll have to wait and see
;) :D ;) :D

and of COURSE misty would have to come too!

Randi
04-27-2003, 08:17 AM
Pam, I'm so glad so all had a great time and so many of you could get together! :) Wish I could have been there!

Saw your album - great pics, thanks for sharing. :D

mugsy
04-27-2003, 08:46 AM
It looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the pictures. Badger is absolutely gorgeous too. I love the picture of Christian with his fishies too! lol

anna_66
04-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Sounds as if you all had yourselves a wonderful time:D Thanks for the pictures, can't wait to see more!

Logan
04-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Pam, I had a great time reviewing your album. It made me a bit sad that I was too far away to attend! You all look so happy and I'm delighted that the weather behaved!!!! :)

Maybe next time I can find a way to come.....I would LOVE it!!!! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Pam, I just checked out your album and loved all the pictures!! Looks like you all had a great time!! Ripley is so cute! Why did Bella have to stay home?!

And Laurie, Badger is so handsome!! What a gorgeous fella he is. Please post more pictures of him!!

Everyone looks great in the pictures. Glad you had fun. Hope we can get something planned for the South East Pet Talkers before I leave the area!

Pam
04-28-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Why did Bella have to stay home?!

Souraya, having not been there before I wasn't sure how many events there were inside where dogs might not be allowed. I figured if worse came to worse I could always hide him under a jacket or something. :rolleyes: I do hope to attend next year and hope to bring Bella. I'm not so sure she would be allowed inside (I held Ripley for the inside things) but maybe someone wouldn't mind 'babysitting' her outside for me. :)

wolflady
04-28-2003, 03:19 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Everyone looked great and it sure seems like fun was had by all! I also wish I could have gone, but seeing the pictures made me feel like I was there,... almost! ;)

lbaker
04-28-2003, 03:19 PM
well there seems to be several threads about our wonderful weekend and I don't quite know how to get involved in all of them so I can see the pix of everyone. Yes, Aly.. Badger was a star and I can't wait for you guys to meet him! ReeseMan will get along great (he doesn't seem to be intimadated by anything) and Lolly would soon realize he (Badger) is just a big love and Lolly would soon not feel awkward. Can't wait for the next Meet.
Laurie

Aspen and Misty
04-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Pam
but maybe someone wouldn't mind 'babysitting' her outside for me

:D :D :D

Ash