PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Meeting!

Daisy's Mom
08-09-2001, 01:11 AM
If I am correct, I believe that on Wednesday, Logan, Helen, Sandra, and Karen got together for a day at Cape Cod, MA! I was sadly on vacation and unable to go but I'd love to hear about your meeting, as would everyone else, I'm sure! Come on, girls! I hope you have pictures ;)

Pam
08-09-2001, 06:11 AM
That's right! We are all waiting patiently for news and PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!! :D

Karen
08-09-2001, 08:18 AM
Let's see -

We came
We saw
We missed the boat ...

How's that?

Sudilar
08-09-2001, 09:01 AM
I am so jealous!!

carrie
08-09-2001, 10:59 AM
We are on tenterhooks here! Give!!

gini
08-09-2001, 11:13 AM
What? You mean Karen actually has time for a private life? I thought she was always so busy moderating Pet Talk - she never got away. What a treat. Spencer you are on to something. Maybe we could have an annual convention. I think it would be like attending the very best family reunion.

thelmalu99
08-09-2001, 11:23 AM
I think that would be a WONDERFUL idea!

zippy-kat
08-09-2001, 12:32 PM
A FUR FAMILY REUNION!! How FUN!!!

That's a great idea!

tatsxxx11
08-09-2001, 09:58 PM
Hi everybody! Our trip is winding to a close!! Extreme exhaustion has precluded us from any commentary on said trip until TOMORROW!! :eek: I've kept them very busy these past three days....trip to Nantucket, whale watching, beach excursions. Just finished our farewell lobster dinner. Boo hoo! Tomorrow morning we take our last walk on the beach together with the "kids" and then, all the gory details! :D Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. And Logan says to say hi to everyone! Logan and Karen (what a sweetheart!!!) have proven to be two incredibly special Pet Talk ambassadors! We wished all of you could have been here as well and spoke of you all with such love!! Bridget, precious Bridget! We missed you sweet one! Talk to (as Logan would say) y'all soon!

Sudilar
08-09-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
<STRONG>...trip to Nantucket, whale watching, beach excursions. Just finished our farewell lobster dinner. Boo hoo! Tomorrow morning we take our last walk on the beach together with the "kids" </STRONG>

Now I really am jealous!!!! LOL

KYS
08-09-2001, 11:44 PM
Now I really am jealous!!!! LOL&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Ditto for me too, I am still
thinking about eating lobster and walking on the beach. :cool:

Paul
08-10-2001, 12:05 AM
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Karen is camera shy. I think you will have to wait for the Pet of the Day convention to see what she looks like.

08-10-2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Paul:
<STRONG>   Karen is camera shy. I think you will have to wait for the Pet of the Day convention to see what she looks like.</STRONG>

"Pet of the Day Convention" ??? Hmmmmmm - wouldn't that be fun. Just like you all said, the best family reunion ever!! I am just excited to meet Carla in October but it would be soooooo awesome to meet all of you! Maybe it's good to keep my mystique... that way you all don't have to meet the spaz that I really am :D!

I am very very jealous of your meeting... I have always wanted to see the northern east coast... and I LOVE lobster! I am glad you all had fun. You have an entirely jealous board of people here :D!

Freckles
08-10-2001, 07:59 AM
Will the Pet of the Day Convention be held in PetTalkville?

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 09:13 AM
That must have been so much fun and New England, my most favorite place in the world.
Lobster, my most favorite dinner of all, and the nicest people I can think of.
Jackie

thelmalu99
08-10-2001, 10:47 AM
Sandra, I'm so glad you guys had a good time. I can't wait to hear (read) all the details!
Oh, how I wish we could ALL get together!!

AdoreMyDogs
08-10-2001, 11:40 AM
I am so jealous :) I am grateful that I got to meet Rachel, Hannah & Tucker, but I would like to meet everyone someday!

As soon as someone is in MI let me know! Also, I am not too far from IL, Indania, or Ohio. If there's any talk of meeting in any of the mentioned 4 states count me in!!!

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

thelmalu99
08-10-2001, 12:27 PM
Great idea, Leslie.
If anyone happens to be visiting the Tri-State area (NY, NJ and CT), drop me a line. I'd love to meet some of my fellow Pet-Talkers!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
08-10-2001, 01:49 PM
As soon as someone is in MI let me know! Also, I am not too far from IL, Indania, or Ohio. If there's any talk of meeting in any of the mentioned 4 states count me in!!!
I don't know exactly where Troy is, but I'm in Toledo, and Staci, Shai's Mom, is in Upper Sandusky - I'd say we have the start of a midwestern reunion! Anyone else in the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois area?
-Jessica

zippy-kat
08-10-2001, 02:05 PM
Will anyone be in Albquerque, NM for the Arabian Horse Nationals in October?

I'm planning on attending and would love to meet any fellow pet talkers who might be there!

Sudilar
08-10-2001, 02:57 PM
I wish I didn't hate to drive so much (sad to say, I won't drive on expressways). Illinois is not too far from quite a few of you lovely people!

08-10-2001, 04:02 PM
:( Nobody else lives in Arizona... wouldn't want to come here now anyway...too freakin' hot! But, Tonya, I am going to try and get to ABQ for the Arabian Horse Show. I told my friend a few days ago that I want to go. I might possibly be in Florida next year and would love to drop in on KayAnn. I gotta say, actually meeting Simba would make me feel like I am meeting someone famous! It is almost like he is too gorgeous, too sweet and too animated to be real! I would be star struck! Actually, I would feel that way about meeting any of you and your fur-kids.

Jackie I think you are the next closest to me... besides Tonya. San Diego is only about 8 hours from here... and if you are where I think you are then it would be less than that :)

Right now I miss my flight benefits more than anything!! I could have taken a trip every month to meet each of you! I am really happy at my new job but those free flights are sure a great thing to have... :(

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 04:41 PM
Oh Angel, Arizona, is really nice, we stayed in Scottdale one summer, took advantage of the summer rates at the Camelback Inn. The only problem when we got in the car my husband couldn't touch the steering wheel it was so hot. :D :D We were going to go to
northern Arizona last Spring with our dogs and Son and family but the gas prices went sky high here and decided against it. Have you ever gone to Palm Springs? That's not too far from you, we like to go there a lot.
In fact we have reservations in October. The weather is a little cooler then otherwise it's too hot for Daisy and Perry.
Jackie

auggie
08-10-2001, 07:28 PM
Jackie, I spent last Weekend in San Diego and the Weather was great. So nice and cool in the Morning and at Night. Walked around the Zoo all Day and didn't even get sunburned.It is so hot here, I have to stay inside all Summer.
Doggiemom, I had a stopover in Phoenix. At 9PM it was a miserable 108 F. How do you stand it?

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Auggie, Glad you enjoyed your weekend here, we do like living here, this has been a great summer, as you say,cool in the morning, warms up and then cools down at night. The Zoo is quite a place to see, I'm glad you got to go there.
I will have to say Arizona is hot, hot, hot in the summer, but beautiful the rest of the year.
Jackie

zippy-kat
08-10-2001, 09:35 PM
ANGEL~

How fun! I'm so glad you are trying to make it to the horse show! I forgot the dates that I will *hopefully* be there, but I'll let ya know ASAP! I look forward to meeting you!

Dixie Belle
08-10-2001, 11:59 PM
If any of you decide to hit Gulf Shores, AL...let me know!!I would love to meet all of you! Maybe a real convention isn't a bad idea. Maybe we really can pull it off somehow?

Albea
08-11-2001, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sudilar:
[QB]I wish I didn't hate to drive so much (sad to say, I won't drive on expressways).
Sue, we have something else in common, besides the love for animals.I hate to drive and I don't drive in expressways either.

Sudilar
08-11-2001, 02:04 PM
Alicia, we should meet! Too bad neither of us will drive!! I am usually chauffeured around by everyone including my 21 yr. old daughter (hang on.........)! :eek: I think I'd be safer if I drove!

aly
08-11-2001, 02:08 PM
I wish I wasn't stuck all the way down here in Texas!!!! I would love to meet all of you and your babies. Reece would also LOVE it. Maybe someday.....

KayAnn
08-11-2001, 03:48 PM
Leslie, I was in MI but unfortuanatly You and I did nto have the time to meet. I was way buisy with my family, and you were buisy on the house. I would have loved to see Graham and introduce Simba and Him. We go every year, but, waiting till June is waaaay to much!! Maybe i can get my aunt to let me got with her when she goes to MI for Christmas. She let my brother last year, so maybe i can go this year.. one thing though, shes not really a dog person so you wouldnt be able to meat Simba :(

08-11-2001, 09:19 PM
Jackie - I have been to Palm Springs once and past it on the 10 many many times. I used to have a boyfriend that lived in Riverside, CA. So I drove out there once a month usually. I can make it to Palm Springs in 4 hours. I had that drive timed to the minute!

Anyway, I liked it the one time I was there... not much different from here in the summer :rolleyes:

As for the whole, 160 degree temp inside your car.... well, that is the WORST thing about summers here. The heat outside is bad enough, but as soon as you open your car door your breath is overcome with the huge blast of heat... EXACTLY like when you open your oven door. No lie. If I don't pay attention and bump the small metal parts of my seatbelt I scream and end up with a burn. Grabbing the steering wheel is like grabbing the metal part of a hot curling iron. If you walk outside and it's windy, it feels exactly like there is a huge blowdryer aimed at you. But, we survive and hold out for the good parts of the year :) Sorry to go on. - For some reason I still like it here :)

I would love to come out to Palm Springs some time. They have that huge outlet mall right off of the 10 that I never got to stop at. Gotta hit that for sure :D!

Tonya - I will check the dates with my friend so I am sure to have vacation time then. Not sure if we would fly in or drive but I am pretty sure her and I would fly. Her mom, if she goes, will probably drive down from CO. She did a couple years ago.

This would be sooooo cool :D!

Daisy's Mom
08-11-2001, 10:59 PM
Sandra? Karen? Logan? I am still awaiting all the juicy pictures and details of the meeting that I had to miss!

Karen
08-11-2001, 11:10 PM
Okay, a quick summary about the Pet Talk meeting on Cape Cod this week:

A long hot day, and long hot drive
But at the end, a strange thing ...
Meeting three old friends in
The persons I'd never seen!

Introduction made, hugs exchanged
Between us four were tall, blonde, young and not-so-young, tan, sunburned and pale
Beauty shone, as I knew it would
In the smiles that greeted my frazzled self

Physical meeting and greeting over
We spoke of Pet Talk, and pets
And all of you, of course,
Present in coveration, if not in person

Talked so much we did, the waitress had to be patient
How strange to be "catching up" with people
I'd never met, nor they me!
But we weren't strangers, really, and certainly weren't ten minutes after we'd met.

Late, we parted, they, worrying about my drive home
(mother hen-like, not surprising)
Hugs on parting, though not really parting
Any more than we were really strangers before we met
Once home, I emailed them my safe return,
We were back then, on familiar electronic terms!

Pam
08-12-2001, 07:58 AM
Karen, what a nice summary of your meeting with our fellow Pet Talkers. We all wish we could have been there. Now we would like some pictures, please. :) Also, it has been VERY quiet on these boards without a peep from Logan and very little from Sandra. Can't wait to hear more!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-12-2001, 09:16 AM
Karen, glad to hear about your meeting, that drive on Cape Cod is pretty long, we were there quite a few years ago. It must be different to meet people you electronically talk to every day but have no idea what they look like. It sounds like the meeting went well, and eveyone got along wonderfully. Sort of like the North meeting the South. :)
As everyone says, wouldn't it be nice to have a National Get Together, but I don't know, some don't fly anymore (like us) and some don't drive the freeways so I guess it would be hard to do. :) :) :)

gini
08-12-2001, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jackie:
[QB]Karen, glad to hear about your meeting, that drive on Cape Cod is pretty long, we were there quite a few years ago. It must be different to meet people you electronically talk to every day but have no idea what they look like. It sounds like the meeting went well, and eveyone got along wonderfully. Sort of like the North meeting the South. :)

Jackie, I live in Los Angeles - I will pick you up and do the driving. Or, if the reunion is on the east coast - there is always the train.

Logan
08-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone! We are home, safe and sound. And I can not express to you how much fun we had with Sandra, and with Karen. What wonderful ladies they both are, as I knew they would be! We wished for all of you!

Sandra called me this morning to make sure we had made it home ok. Her computer is DEAD!!! She is so upset, and will hopefully be up and running soon.

Helen and I were kept busy our entire trip, and we didn't arrive back in Greenville until 2 am this morning. Flight was delayed... But I wanted you to know that we were able to meet the infamous Star and Cody, both beautiful girls. And they were as sweet and fun as we expected. What a petite little lab Star is. And Cody's eyes are bluer than my Butter's are. Hopefully we will have pictures soon to post for all of you.

Can't wait to get caught up on my reading! :D

Logan

Pam
08-12-2001, 12:01 PM
Yippee!! So glad you are home safely. We'll be glued to our monitors waiting for those pictures!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-12-2001, 12:36 PM
Gini, you must be used to all that freeway driving, don't tell anybody but my husband is a terrible driver, at least according to me, he talks more than he drives :D :D :D
Great idea, I never thought of the train before either, who knows maybe someday. I'll bet everybody would love to come to California. :) :)
Jackie
Logan, glad you made it home safely, we missed you.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

Logan
08-12-2001, 01:00 PM
I failed to tell you something very special about our meeting with Karen. Poor thing drove from Boston during the biggest heatwave of the year, with no air conditioning, as hers was to be repaired two days later!

She walks into the inn where Helen, Sandra and I are waiting for her, and she is bearing "gifts". For Sandra, there was a bag of Fritos.....specially for the Frito Feet lady! For Helen and me, three special gifts: A beautiful tiger lily (in honor of my Lilly), a jar of honey (for my Honey) and a stick of Butter (in honor of my bad baby Butter). Wasn't that special?

It was just like Karen described so beautifully. Like old friends getting together. We had such a wonderful dinner and it was like we were just catching up after a long time away!

Oh, you guys, I am so glad to be back! :D

aly
08-12-2001, 01:13 PM
Welcome back Logan!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you all had fun.

carrie
08-12-2001, 03:26 PM
I'm so glad you all had such a great time together and all got home safe and sound. We have missed you!

RachelJ
08-12-2001, 04:20 PM
First I have to say that Karen's poem was so touching. It brought tears to my eyes and helped me feel as if I had shared the experience with you.

Second, I am glad that all the travelors are home safe and sound and that a good time was had by all.

zippy-kat
08-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Welcome back everyone! Glad to hear that you had a fun, safe trip.

Let's see some pictures! lol

Daisy's Mom
08-12-2001, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the summary, Karen! It sounds like you guys had a great time. I am sooo sad I had to miss it :(

Sandra's computer is broken? Oh, the poor thing! I hope she is back ASAP!

Logan I am glad you are home safe and sound. We really missed you! Welcome home :)

AdoreMyDogs
08-13-2001, 06:42 AM
Welcome home! What a wonderful experience. I would love to have some sort of annual (or more often then that) get together in the state where the higest concentration of Pet Talkers are in or near! Your meeting sounded perfect :)

thelmalu99
08-13-2001, 09:45 AM
I'd just like to chime in that I'm happy that Logan, Helen, Sandra and Karen enjoyed their meeting. I wish we all could have been there! :D
Glad everyone made a safe journey back home and back to Pet Talk. :D :D

Sudilar
08-13-2001, 10:00 AM
I'm so glad you were able to meet and have a great time together!! Such fun! What wonderful BB we have here!!!

Glad you all are back!!

K9karen
08-13-2001, 10:36 AM
Yay! Just spoke to Logan who I missed so much! And of course her concern was over everyone while she was gone. What a sweetheart! :) Since I couldn't make the trip, I'm determinded to investigate resourses and ways to make a meeting place where we all can meet..someone with a pool.LOL! I'm the resident travel agent...so I will look at the map, get all your locations and try to pick a mutual place..preferable with a pool or beach :D for next summer...Depending on how many people come, I can look into a group fare with the airlines ,,next summer? Takers??? Suggestions???? I'm already excited! :D

AdoreMyDogs
08-13-2001, 10:55 AM
I am serious about this....I am willing to drive or fly to either OH, IL, IN, and of course, anywhere in MI. If I drove I would take Graham, granted it's a dog friendly meeting place. He's a faboulus traveler. I'd also be willing to help out with anything I was able to, like reserving an area at a state park with a lake & bbq...so we could have a picnic, swim, and hike some trails, or just hang out at the picnic shelter and chat the day away :) My preferance is fall, especially if it's out this way. The fall has fewer bugs, beautiful temps, and you can't beat the beauty of the colorful red/orange/yellow fall trees. Everyone will have conflicts of interest and I would just be glad to have a Pet Talk get-together regardless of details, but I just wanted to let my preferance be known anyway :)

wolflady
08-13-2001, 05:29 PM
Sounds like ya'll had a great time! That is very cool! Maybe we should organize a west coast gathering!!! LOL :D I've noticed several Californians here on the board... :D

Do post some pics soon!! Glad ya'll had fun!

Logan
08-13-2001, 08:07 PM
I sent the film for processing today! Hopefully I'll have something to show you soon....but Sandra has to approve all pictures first! LOL!!

I'll have lots of whales and Golden Retrievers for sure as I think I took a whole roll of each! :eek:

shais_mom
08-14-2001, 12:44 AM
Leslie, I just got home from Grayling Mich, tonight. My parents have a cottage on Crawford Lake. Is Troy a suburb of Detroit?
Aren't JoJo and Boxerlover(Niki's mom) also from Mich? Tho we haven't heard much from either of them this summer. :(
Jessica, I thought of you as we drove around Toledo!!! :D
Pam. We were up in Mackinac City, on Sunday, walking by the water and a girl came walking with her cream, colored standard poodle and I immediatly thought of Bella, tho they probably weren't the same color.
I am willing to drive, to Ind, Mich, and OH of course, Altho, I have never driven in IND I am willing to try for you guys!!! Leslie, if Jessica and I decide to meet somewhere, provided, its enclosed, it would be awesome to meet you and Graham. I was actually thinking of him on Sunday for some very odd reason. Maybe its b/c I was in Mich, I thought how if i ran into him, I would more than likely reconize him before you!! (Well, obviously, since I don't know what you look like!!!) I often wonder if anyof us would run into each other "accidently" if we would recognize each other's dogs first?!?!
I think if I saw 3 greyhounds and an adorable little black mutt, walking I would think of Jessica, Graham and Cassie-- Leslie, Hannah and Tucker-- Rachel, Reece-- Aly, Bella--- Pam, Star and Cody- Sandra,--Killian and Shiloh-- Sue. Unfortunately, I would probably have trouble with Logan tho, 2 goldens, tho they certainly don't look alike one lite and one dark.
Isn't that funny?