PDA

View Full Version : What are you afriaid of?

primabella
04-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Sorry if this has been done before, but I'm curious to know what people's biggest fear are?

Me, it's heights and the dark. I can't stand the dark. :p

Cookiebaker
04-26-2003, 02:03 PM
This is *sooo* embarrassing....:o:o people puking...I'm very phobic of it.

primabella
04-26-2003, 02:05 PM
lol :p

AmylovesMisty
04-26-2003, 02:10 PM
heights(sometimes) and horror movies!!

slleipnir
04-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Heights and spiders..I HATE spiders..they're so creepy and gross!! I shudder just thinking about them :x

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Me too CookieBaker- I hate it and it bothers me.
I am also afraid of heights and afraid of the dark after scary movies.

Tweety_Pie
04-26-2003, 02:26 PM
i'm afraid of spiders! I used to be afraid of hights,,, I GOT OVER MY FEAR:D ;) :p

*LabLoverKEB*
04-26-2003, 02:27 PM
After scary movies, too, the dark, and not after seeing the scariest movie, (it was just pure evil, a very, very wicked movie) The Ring, I am now afraid of wells. lol!

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2003, 02:45 PM
Tornados

wolfsoul
04-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Spiders :eek: I scream really loud and sometimes I'm so shocked I cry :o I hate them so much, they scare me to death..:(

Rachel
04-26-2003, 03:21 PM
tornados
traveling in an airplane
elevators (or any closed in space)
chickens and other big birds
snakes
being in a very large crowd of people

(Come to think of it, I have a fairly phobic personality)

boscibo
04-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Bees and wasps. Big bumble bees used to scare the dickens out of me, after one chased me into the house and then bumped against the glass patio doors for a few minutes after I went in, but I'm not so afraid of them anymore. But wasps give me the major creeps.

I'm afraid of heights a little bit, not too bad. Flying in an airplane doesn't bother me, and if there is a fence between me and the height it is OK, but if I am up a ladder, I panic and freeze and have a hard time getting back down.

AmylovesMisty
04-26-2003, 05:52 PM
try that? What about being STUCK on a ski lift alone with your friends 10:00 at night in january tempature dropping and having to get down a ladder to get down..VERY SCARY

slleipnir
04-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Amy - lol, omg I'd die..someone would have to come up and carry me dowb ;]

Uabassoon
04-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Rachel

chickens and other big birds

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one afraid of chickens and large birds. They really scare me.

iceyshiver21
04-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Lady Bugs

Felicia's Mom
04-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Heights and spiders.

KYS
04-26-2003, 07:56 PM
My biggest fears are:

1. loosing my health
2. loosing someone I love.
3. fear of heights.

Pam
04-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by KYS
My biggest fears are:

1. loosing my health
3. fear of heights.

I agree totally with this list. #4 would be spiders and bees but the three you mentioned are definitely my biggest fears. (I can't even stand to watch someone on a ladder or rooftop for fear that I might see them fall.)

Jessica12345
04-26-2003, 09:38 PM
flying on an airplane!

I have never been on an airplane in my life. My family left me behind when they went on a trip to florida because i refused to fly. agh.... I am soooo freaked out! and one time, my mom FINALLY confinced me to go on a plane, and write when she was about to get tickets, there was a plane crash on the news. thats happend THREE TIMES!:eek: I think thats a signal and a warning sign! :eek:

other than that, umm.... spiders. lol :p

Tweety_Pie
04-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Don't worry Jess..... the first time I went on a plane.....THE ENGINE BLEW UP!:eek: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Loosing my babies.

primabella
04-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Loosing my babies.

good answer. I don't even wanna think about loosing my Mickey.

1. loosing my health

Same here :eek: Forgot to mention those!

RubyMutt
04-26-2003, 11:27 PM
Flying on planes (I had the fear long before 9-11)... I cannot stand it. The longest flight I've ever been on was only around 2 hours and I was a nervous wreck the whole time. Thank goodness my mother hates flying also so when we go on family vacations it's almost always a road trip. :D Spiders also give me the creeps... I am almost always worried about them being in my bed when I go to sleep at night :rolleyes: And public speaking... yikes... that scares me... And of course I would never want to lose someone I love :( I don't even want to think about that...

wolfsoul
04-27-2003, 12:48 AM
I forgot to add what I'm paranoid about lol. Whenever I leave the house for a long time, and my pets are alone I get worried. Like when I was camping a couple weeks ago. I had been gone for hours, and the rats were alone (Timber was with me). I realized that I had forgot to put the piece of wood between my two windows so no one could open them from the outside. My room is sooo easy to break into, you just climb up the fence and onto the roof. So I was freaking out. I was thinking that some one would break in and make my babies suffer horrible deaths.

And then I thought, what if there's a fire? What if they are in my room, and they burn to death!? :eek: If they try and get out of their cages but can't and I' not there to save them, and they are calling for me?!

Ahk, just thinking about this now is making me really sad, I'm almost crying lol. I have to go check the rats :p

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 08:09 AM
the list of things that I am NOT afraid of may be shorter. :rolleyes:
Hee hee

But I'd say:
#1.ANYTHING with more than 4 legs !!
#2.Heights

Jessica12345
04-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

But I'd say:
#1.ANYTHING with more than 4 legs !!

LOL! same with me, but i would have to change it to:

ANYTHING with more than 4 legs, or no legs at all!:eek:

:p

ellensy
04-27-2003, 02:01 PM
1. COCKROACHES....
2. SPIDERS....
3. LOSING MY LOVE ONES...

Jessica12345
04-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
Don't worry Jess..... the first time I went on a plane.....THE ENGINE BLEW UP!:eek: :rolleyes:

huh? r u being sarcastic?!:eek:

Desert Arabian
04-27-2003, 05:15 PM
I am afriaid of the day I have to say good-bye to my ratties, death, ticks, spiders, the dark, my basement, moving out/living on my own, driving on the freeway with my dad, roaches, all insects (except butterflies), deep water, the ocean (creeps me out), physco people, and much much much much more!!!

:D ;) :p :rolleyes: :o

Cheshirekatt
04-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Here are my things:

1. House fire.....god I just can't imagine!
2. People with missing teeth. Just noids me out.
3. Leeches and maggots. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

micki76
04-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Here are my things:

1. House fire.....god I just can't imagine!
2. People with missing teeth. Just noids me out.
3. Leeches and maggots. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

# 2 just cracks me up! :D

My list:
1 Spiders!!!! YIKES :eek: (The worst is imagining spiders in the bed)
2 Something bad happening to my furkids when I'm gone
3 Waking up to find someone standing over me!!! :eek:

No sleep for me tonight :D

wolf_Q
04-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Umm....I'm kind of pathetic...I'm quite the paranoid person....

Heights don't bother me all the time, but if I feel I have a chance of falling, I'm scared to death. At parts hiking up to the top of Mt. Timpanogos I was getting really paranoid.

Flying makes me nervous....but I've only flown once, and it was to Idaho, so not too far....

I used to LOVE bugs as a kid, they didn't scare me at all. I still like most bugs (praying mantis are the best!) but I HATE spiders. Not too long ago there was a spider on the wall above my bed (a large one too). I got up the guts to get a tissue and kill it, but the problem is, I tried and didnt get him.......so he fell...IN my bed! I screamed, lol...and then I lifted my pillow to find him, and he jumped out and I screamed again....at this point my dad came in and I had him kill it! :o

I'm absolutely terrified of speaking in public! And I wouldn't say I'm "afraid" to be in a group of large people, but it makes me uncomfortable...most of the time.

Just the thought of natural disasters freak me out.....especially Earthquakes......and Fire.......oh yeah, I'm kind of afraid of water too. Like, I love lakes/streams etc....love to wade in them.....but DEEP water, ack, that scares the crap out of me! If you've ever been to Yellowstone........some of those super deep blue pools that you can see clear to the bottom, those send chills down my spine when I look into them! I never really learned how to swim, so that's obviously a part of it! :o

And I really should not think about things so often. Just if my parents/family/friends go somewhere far, or if they are late, I'm constantly thinking what could have happened........quite often, for no apparent reason I'll think, "What if that's the last time I'll see him/her?"

I REALLY need to stop worrying so much!!

Chinadoll
04-28-2003, 01:09 AM
Biggest fear: Anything happening to my family..including the critters but most especially Joey since he's in Kuwait right now.

A fire in the apartment building. *knock on wood*

Driving...I hate it. actually, driving is ok, it's all those other cars that freak me out.

I'm not afaid of insects or critters in the house(ie. roaches or mice) because cats will take care of it.

That's about it, I think.

04-28-2003, 01:29 AM
I am scared of heights, very small elevators, spiders, insects, fire.

I am not scared of flying, I only hate the "take-off" and "landing"! I always pinch my hubby's arm then...! So, I am looking forward to my long flight to San Fransisco this summer (about 12 hours or more..)!!

marysmerrycats
04-28-2003, 02:38 AM
I'm afraid of heights!

Randi
04-29-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by lut
I am not scared of flying, I only hate the "take-off" and "landing"!
LOL! That's what I like the most about flying! :D I was lucky a few years ago, (before 11th Sep.) to be allowed on the flightdeck during landing, that was quite an experience! I had 5 straps on. :eek:

I'm not actually afraid of fire, but of wearing clothes which easily burn, as I was burned quite badly in 1971.

I used to be a fairly good climber, but these days, I don't care too much for heights, my legs go all jelly when I look down - at least if there's no fence!

CathyBogart
04-29-2003, 01:45 PM
My biggest fear is that something will happen to my Brian.

Other than that......the only thing that comes to mind is Dalmatians. Some lady came in to work with one off-leash (who appeared to be very well-behaved) and I had to go outside until they left!

Oh yeah, and driving. I HATE driving.

RockyRoad
04-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Heights
Bugs, parasites, & spiders
Death
Injury
Pain
Fires
Losing loved ones
Speaking in front of people
Car/plane accidents
Water

Once when I was a kid, we used to go in this lake at camp. One day I brought goggles (the kind that hold my nose because it hurts my nose when I jump in) and I wa dared to look at the bottom. But I couldn't, it freaked me out too much what might be down there!:eek:

I HATE heights. Never will. I wnet rock-climbing once, looked down to tell the guy I wanted off, and geez it was soo far down, so of course I just let go (which caught the guy by suprise) and got off of there!
I used to like flying, but then I watched 'Nightmare at 20,000 feet', which is an episode of the old Twighlight Zone, and have never flown in stormy weather since. As for planes in general, I hate the take-off and the landing too, when we take off, I'll usually cling to the seat and start getting all paranoid. Same with landing. But after that, as long as I sleep straight through it, and don't look out the window, I'll live.

tikeyas_mom
04-29-2003, 04:38 PM
wild spiders, being home alone, walking down dark scary allies, hights, being drowned, being murdered, dolls. I am a baby, I could go on for ever!!

NoahsMommy
04-29-2003, 04:55 PM
I think the only thing I'm really afraid of are spiders.

I've actually been reading a lot about how to overcome fears like these. Maybe I'll do it, then I wouldn't be afraid of ANYTHING. As it should be. ;)

bluekat
04-29-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm afraid of:
Insects(ALL kinds)
ghosts
death
scary movies
heights
and more, but I just can't think of them now

Cheshirekatt
04-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Ooooooh! I forgot one......

CLOWNS!!!! :eek: After Poltergeist I can't even look at them!

primabella
04-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Clowns are also scary :eek: Not all of the, mainyl just the oens with heavy make-up. Ever since I saw "It the Clown" when I was about 10 (I walked in when they showed the scariest part of the movie and it traumatized me!) I saw the movie about 3 years ago again and it made me cringe. I just don't like them.

tikeyas_mom
04-29-2003, 07:11 PM
CLOWNS omg

I forgot about clowns they scar the crap out of me, i got chased home by one befor, it was evil I swear!!! :eek:

micki76
04-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah, clowns are scary. I also am terrified of the Easter Bunny. A last year I worked in the mall part-time for extra $. Well, the Easter Bunny was friends with my manager who's a kook and a blast. Well, he knew I had a phobia of the Easter Bunny, so he had me take out the trash one evening and as I came back in the hallway to our back door, I was chased and attacked by that EVIL RABBIT. This one was especially evil looking. The damned thing chased me all the way into the store and I ended up embarrassed and in tears. Ya know, I still owe him one...

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-29-2003, 07:37 PM
Im not really scared of anything....
BUT... I get soooo scared riding the ACROPHOBIA at Six Flags!!!

I would never really ride the Free Fall before the Acrophobia... I guess my fear would be falling... OR WAITING TO FALL.... cause the feeling I would get is soooo bad... SCARY...

And the first time I rode acrophobia.... I freaked out... I don't know why i even got on that thing... when I got to the top.. my heart was beating soo hard that I REALLY thought I was going to have a heart attack!! and then... we fell.. 161 feet... I was so scared i could not scream... then.. after it was all over I was shaking so bad that I could not get out of my seat.. Eric had to undo my seat belt and pull me out..... everyone was pointing at me..
I still ride it and it is REALLY HELPED me to get over that fear!!!!!!

Here is a pic if you havn't heard of the ride.... sorry it is so big
http://www.thrillrideexperience.com/sixflagsoverga/images/webacro1.jpg

Desert Arabian
04-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Sara- there is a ride exactly like that at the Six Flags Great America in Chicago. I have been on it before, and it was really fun. :D

tikeyas_mom
04-29-2003, 07:58 PM
I havent been on a ride like that befor. looks fun. The scariest ride i have been on is the Zipper. yikes.

RubyMutt
04-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Ooooooh! I forgot one......

CLOWNS!!!! :eek: After Poltergeist I can't even look at them!

Oh my gosh how could I forget clowns??? *shudders* they are evil...

Desert Arabian
04-29-2003, 08:28 PM
When I was little I was TERRIFIED of fork-lifts in hardware/lumber yards! Oh geeze, when I would hear the *beep-beep* back up noise I would scream and cry.

HA HA HA, too funny!! :D :D :D :D :p :p :p