PDA

View Full Version : how much to tip?

marysmerrycats
04-26-2003, 12:06 PM
last time I brought Charlie to the groomers at petsmart, it cost $36.00 and I tipped her $4, was that too cheap? or about right?

how much do you tip the groomers? I guess it also depends on how many animals you are bringing in...

wolfsoul
04-26-2003, 01:15 PM
that's a good question, hmmm
Well, I'm really greedy lol ( just ask my friends :p) so I don't tip unless my mom gives me money and tells me to :rolleyes: But I'm sure some nice person will come along and give you the answer :p

PayItForward
04-26-2003, 01:23 PM
A tip is a reward for good service NOT a right. If you think they did a good job give them whatever you feel like.

I bet plenty of people give them a zero tip.

wolf_Q
04-26-2003, 02:13 PM
ANY tip is a good tip to me........I work at a grooming salon, it's VERY rare that somebody tips!! I wish nice people would tip more often! ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2003, 02:53 PM
I don't use a groomer, but I ty to keep to the same tipping rules for most other things as I do if I am going out to dinner... usually 10-20% depending on quality of service. I think $4 is appropraite for a $36 "haircut"

marysmerrycats
04-26-2003, 05:25 PM
well I never actually get to see how they treat him, how they grrom him, I just see the end result, which is good, but I hate giving my baby over to someone else and not being able to watch... the first time I brought Cassie there, I went back there just before they were finished with her and I thought I got a glimpse of , an impatient attitude on their part? I could be wrong, but cassie looked, subdued, not in a good way.

wolfsoul
04-26-2003, 10:10 PM
You mean you can't watch?! :eek: That's a stupid rule, maybe you should switch groomers? Where I am, there's a groomer in both petshops beside me, and in one, there is a huge window that looks inside the grooming room..

wolf_Q
04-26-2003, 11:13 PM
There's a huge window where I work too where you can see the grooming tables...you can't see the bath area really though, it's kind of separate.

Honestly it drives me crazy when the owner just sticks around and watches...if they watch from a distance, ok, but if they are really close, and they pet sees them...they don't behave at all. Usually the pets calm right down when the owners are gone.

wolfsoul
04-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Really? If I left Timber or Leather there, they would freak :eek: Whenever I leave Timber tied up outside when I go into the dollar store to buy batteries, she jumps around a gets her leash all tangled and barks. Now the store lets me bring her in lol.
And whenever I leave Leather in the car or I leave her in the yard and I go outside, she barks her head off.. :o