PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't going to say anything, but..

slleipnir
04-25-2003, 04:11 PM
I might as well lol. I guess its nothing much so thats why I wasn't going to bother, but I'm just happy everything seems ok now :]

Josie's been acting really weird latly, other then the aggression. She vomited 3-4 times two days ago, her eatting habits were a little off, and a few other things. I didn't think much of it till last night when she started to have these uncontrolled muscle spasms..She was shaking a lot and couldn't seem to control her legs right. I was freaking out, that scared me so much, and as my dad kept an eye on her, I called the vet. Seeing they were closed, the vet on call phoned me and told me its most likely a partial seizer :( or something in that area, and went and discribbed other stuff. He said seeing she was better after a while to wait till the morning when they're open to come in. So today I took her in, the vet said probably a seizer, but thought it was kind of weird it was just her legs and body, not her head, but said it was possible so likely thats what it was. She took Jo's temp (I'm not sure if your aware that Josie is afraid of the vets from when she had to get her anal glands expressed, and actually seemed relieved to see it didn't hurt this time..she didn't have them expressed this time, I just mean from her point of view) She calmed down completely with the vet after that which made me happy cause usually she's still a little iffy after. Anyway, the vet did some blood work to rule out anything else because she thought it could be something else with the vomiting and slightly high fever she had. She told us if it happens again not to keep patting her and talking to her as it acts as a stimulant and can cause it to last long..I didn't know that yesterday and was doing that :( AND, I was so proud of Jo when she was leaving the office and saw this big German Shepard and made no fuss what so ever!! When she 1st saw him she seemed like she wanted to go over to him, but then the vet offered her treats for being good and well you know, that took her mind off it ;) She didn't snap, growl or anything at all aggressive towards it :) And more good news, the vet called a little while ago saying the blood work came back and shes perfectly healthy in that perpective :)
So it's probably some mild case of Epilepsy or maybe just (I hope) a one time thing. She said she could give Josie some meds for Menyngitious (sp??) but I my dad was thinking because her temp wasn't that high it's probably not it.

Wow, that was really long and I didn't realize it..sorry :x

micki76
04-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Oh my! I'm so glad she's ok! Chester's been having a mysterious illness, too. So I kind of understand what you're feeling. Anyway, hope everything stays good. :)

primabella
04-25-2003, 04:18 PM
As long as Josie is okay, it's all good! :)

How scary. As I was reading, I was also guessing seizure. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

tatsxxx11
04-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Poor Josie!!:( But happily she seems to be otherwise in great health!! I guess for now you'll just have to keep a close eye on her. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of her and sending postivie thoughts and healing prayers that she stays seizure free! And I don't blame you for being so proud of her!! We can only image how frightening those vet visits must be for them! Good girl, Josie!!:)

iwuvsmypuppy
04-25-2003, 07:19 PM
i hope that it isnt anything serious.. i am also glad that she is getting better:D

zanzanfergie
04-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Gosh, how scary. Poor Josie. I hope she does okay...the scariest thing in the world is the unknown.

slleipnir
04-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the conserne everyone :) I really hate not knowing, it's awful lol. Josie has been really sick ever since she was a puppy (not the whole time, but you know..it started then) I blame the pet store, I hate that place so much, and if I was smart I would never have set foot there, but I am glad I did so I could get my baby :)

anna_66
04-26-2003, 08:01 AM
It's nice to hear that there was nothing wrong in her bloodwork.

Hopefully whatever it was, never happens again!

Give your beautiful girl a big hug & smooch from me:)

lovemyshiba
04-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Aw, Josie!! I hope she's feeling better, and that it was a one time thing. I'm glad to hear that her bloodwork came back ok, and that she has such a good mommy to take such wonderful care of her.:)

ChrisH
04-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Oh, my, that must have been so scary! I am so glad the bloodworks came out fine and she seems to be ok now. Hope everything stays fine.

Christine

p.s. Please will you alway tell us anytime your dogs are sick, or anything really. It is never `nothing much` if it worrys/bothers you, share it with us.