PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Baths

K & L
04-25-2003, 04:06 PM
When we supervise our cats outside in the backyard, the first thing they'll do is run for a dirt area and start rolling. Now they have the cat run and it has a dirt area, but they don't seem to do that there. It's too funny!

kimlovescats
04-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Yep... when mine go out into our special cat-fenced yard ... they waste no time rolling around in anything they can find to get dirty!!! I just let them do it, cuz I know how much they are enjoying it! It doesn't seem to make sense though, with as much as kitties are constantly cleaning themselves???? HMMMM!!!
:rolleyes:

PayItForward
04-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Gosh I wonder why they do that.

BastetsMum
04-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Yep Bastet does that too. Heads for the dirtiest thing she can see and has a roll! Last time she did that it had been raining so she ended up being a black kitty instead of a faun one :)

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 07:31 PM
My parent's cat (RB) would do that. His shiny black fur would become all dusty and brown, and then he'd want to come over and rub on your leg.........I DONT THINK SO !!!!:eek:

babolaypo65
04-25-2003, 08:21 PM
OH YEAH! all white clive comes in all brown many days a week.
its one of his greatest pleasures!

rosethecopycat
04-26-2003, 08:06 AM
My RB kitty Milo used to love a daily dirt bath. Then he's come in and I have to towel him down with 'his' towel.

He used to look so proud of himself.