PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek

Jack'sMom
04-25-2003, 03:08 PM
When it's raining outside, Jack and I will play hide and seek. I'll have my husband bring Jack into the other room and I will go hide. Then my husband will tell Jack to "go find your mother" and I will hear him running around sniffing, trying to find me. It usually doesn't take him that long. Last night I hid in the closet and he found me right off. But at least this gets him some exercise and after a few rounds, he's panting and ready to take a break...and so am I!!

Kfamr
04-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Simba and i play hide and seek together. I put him in the kitchen [because it's blocked from the other parts of the house, so he can't cheat] tell him to sit and stay and hide. When i'm ready i say "Ok Simba, come get me!" He comes and finds me and when he does he barks. :) We also play out front sometimes.

primabella
04-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Mick won't play hide and seek but I hide his puppet and he usually finds it rigth away. I think I'll try it with me though :p

Cookiebaker
04-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Malone *loves* hide & seek!! I throw a toy to the top of the stairs, and while he runs to get it, I run away and hide. Usually crouched behind the couch or behind a door. He'll come running into the room, stop & sniff into the air and then run around in circles. Sometimes he finds me right away, and then other times it takes him like 5 minutes. And then he is so pleased & proud of himself when he finally finds me!!! :D

primabella
04-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Ooh, okay! I tried playing it with just me (but with a treat in my hand or else Mick would lose interest FOR SURE). I told him to sit stay and ran to hide in the bathroom with the door slightly opened. It took him some time and he was too funny. just walking around with his nose in the air. He eventually found me. lol.

anna_66
04-27-2003, 07:59 AM
We play this game alot:)

Roxey is the one who loves to play it, the other 2 just follow her around:rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2003, 08:18 AM
We haven't played in awhile, but did sometimes when we were taching the girls "Come".

Outside, we played a slighlty different version with Ralph's newphews. We were playing "kick the bottle" I had Sadie on leash and Ralph had Cincy. (this was before Spot) Sadie totally got into it, hiding behind stuff, staying low, crawling in the grass, and making a break for it to "kick the botle" and free anyone who had be caught!

stacwase
04-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Jake won't play "hide and seek" but I'm going to try it with Max soon - I'll bet he'll love it!

lovemyshiba
04-28-2003, 11:12 PM
hide and seek sounds fun!! I don't know which dog would enjoy it more--I know they would all follow whoever decided to play though!!
I'm sure it's "above" Kito to play such a game, I will probably have to get Riley or Ab to play with me!!:)

stacwase
05-05-2003, 10:25 AM
I just tried hide and seek with Max again, and he was scary! Why would a dog react aggressively to hide and seek?

My husband did it last week - hid in the guest room and Max wouldn't let him out! As soon as Max found him he started barking and growling, and he literally wouldn't let Bob out of the guest room until I came! Bob and Max get along great, and Max obeys Bob well. Max is usually a very sweet dog and not at all dominant.

Today I tried it - I stood up and covered myself with a blanket. Max jumped up and put his feet on my shoulders and grabbed the blanket off my face with his teeth and tried to chew it up.

Wierd, huh?

allanimalswelcome
05-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Patrick ADORES hide and seek. It's funny to watch him jump when I come out of hiding.

~Patrick

jenfer
05-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Yes, me and Chilli played Hide and Seek. I don't know whether she loves it or not, but she plays along. I will bring a bottle of pills and then i will hide while my mom watch chilli. Then when I shake my bottle that's my signal that I am ready. Then my mom will ask Chilli where am I. Then the silly girl will got all excited and have her big nose sniffing around. I will give her hints shaking the bottle. That's pretty funny. The best one was that my sis hide in the bath tub... she had a hard time finding her. Missed Chilli! ;)

slleipnir
05-28-2003, 01:23 PM
I use to with Jo, but I got lazy now. I just told her to sit/stay and I went and hide and said "OK!" And she'd come find me :) Me and a friend did that once with her dog, and hide in the car, and he came, smelled around, couldn't seem to find us, then finally jumped on on the car lol