PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Is Alive And In The Building!!

Cheshirekatt
04-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Elvis is home! He did very well with his anesthesia. They amputated his ear, cleaned his teeth and extracted one canine and two malformed little incisors. :) He seems to be feeling quite well. When I brought him home he promptly left a big smelly present in the kitty box for me. lol The vet said that two hours after surgery Elvis was giving him head bumpies. :D That's my boy. He's relaxing in a sunny patch right now.

K & L
04-25-2003, 02:18 PM
That's wonderful news! Yee Ha Elvis!

Denyce
04-25-2003, 02:30 PM
How wonderful to have him home and doing well. :cool: :D

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 02:36 PM
I just LOVE good news!!:cool:

Barbara
04-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh I'm afraid I missed this story and it sounds rather scary. So I am very glad everything went so well:D

slick
04-25-2003, 02:58 PM
Thank you, thank you very much.......

for the update!

Glad to hear that Elvis is back in his loving Meowmie's arms.

ramanth
04-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Yay Elvis! :D

Give him a hug and kiss for me. :)

Logan
04-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I missed the story too :o , but I'm glad to know that he is home and doing well!!! :)

carole
04-25-2003, 03:51 PM
i also missed this thread, poor elvis, what happened to his ear? I am very glad it all went well, heres hoping for a speedy recovery

NoahsMommy
04-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Yay, Elvis is home!!!

Glad he's home, happy and all done at the white coats. Give him some kisses from me! :)

Cheshirekatt
04-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by carole
i also missed this thread, poor elvis, what happened to his ear? I am very glad it all went well, heres hoping for a speedy recovery

He had what they thought was a cancerous growth on his ear. And because of wher eit was located we had to take the whole ear off. He has a seizure disorder that makes anesthesia really tricky, so mom was worried. :) I was laying on my stomach on the bed and he curled up in the small of my back. Awwwwwww.

carole
04-25-2003, 04:14 PM
oh thank you for filling in the blanks, i am so glad poor elvis is doing well, the king lives on lol, by any chance were u an elvis fan? just curious:)

ChrisH
04-25-2003, 04:16 PM
That is great!:) :) :)

Cheshirekatt
04-25-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by carole
oh thank you for filling in the blanks, i am so glad poor elvis is doing well, the king lives on lol, by any chance were u an elvis fan? just curious:)

He has an malformation of the jaw that makes one of his bottom teeth push his upper lip up. The first time I saw him I knew he had to be Elvis! LOL Plus he just loves to take his pills and eat peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. Hehe. Let's see if I can find a picture. His weepy eye is from allergies.

PayItForward
04-25-2003, 06:06 PM
I am so pleased he's home and I bet he's happy too ?

gkristian
04-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Thats good news

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-26-2003, 03:34 AM
YAY - I love to hear good news.

Glad Elvis is back home and getting better!

Ally send kitten kisses.

04-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I missed the story too :o , but I'm glad to know that he is home and doing well!!! :)

me too! Guess I was to busy with my trip to Greece:rolleyes: :rolleyes: !
Hurray for sweet Elvis!!!

smokey the elder
04-27-2003, 07:31 AM
I'm glad Elvis came through his surgery OK.

Russian Blue
04-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Glad he's doing well!!

;)

Cheshirekatt
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
Elvis has settled back in quite nicely. He's taking his medicine like a champ and eating up a storm. Napping is a full-time job right now....he needs lots of sleep to heal. :D He hasn't been scratching at his ear so I don't have the buster collar on him right now but I'm keeping a really close eye on him. I hope he won't have to wear it. He was even so kind as to give Wilma a good bap on the nose for sniffing his ear too closely. LOL (She deserved it!)

Elvis sends big "Hey, baby" hugs and kisses to everyone who had good thoughts for him!

kimlovescats
04-27-2003, 11:37 AM
What wonderful news, WELCOME HOME, ELVIS!!!
That's so funny why you named him Elvis... because my kitty Grace has a missing canine tooth which causes her lip to get hung as well.... we have always said that is her "Elvis look"!!!
:D

Here is a pic of her with her lip hung!!! It's not really too bad in this pic.... but you can tell a little bit!

Cheshirekatt
04-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
What wonderful news, WELCOME HOME, ELVIS!!!
That's so funny why you named him Elvis... because my kitty Grace has a missing canine tooth which causes her lip to get hung as well.... we have always said that is her "Elvis look"!!!
:D

Here is a pic of her with her lip hung!!! It's not really too bad in this pic.... but you can tell a little bit!

LOL Grace is a cutie! I juse LOVE snaggletooth kitties. Hehe.

bluekat
04-27-2003, 12:05 PM
I also missed the story, but I'm glad Elvis is ok:)

catmandu
04-27-2003, 12:23 PM
:D :D :D We at the lost cats hotel are so glad that Elvis the Cat is alive and back in his home , where he belongs. I have found from personnal experience that your cats is never so happy as when they come home from the vets!:D :D :D I am sure that I am not alone when I say that the people on pettalk have a hunka , hunka burning LOVE for Elvis the Cat!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
04-27-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm so glad that everything went well and that Elvis is now back home with you and doing well. :)