PDA

View Full Version : Tom has arrived.

catmandu
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
A local Cat sheleter has asked me to take in Tom , a 20 year old Grey and white Cat. He has arrived and the other Cats curiousity to him , as he is deaf , has vision like Mr Magoo , and is oblivoius to most things. actaually he is a lot like Mr Magoo , in that he goes where he wants , does as he plesaes as he is so oblivious to things around him. He has commandered the Moose pup tent , and loves his Fancy Feast!The other Cats seem to realize that Tom is not that weell, and they cuddle beside him and share their warmth when he lies on the big cushion that is his favorite , next to the Moose tent!

Barbara
04-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Aaaw so you have cat grandpa now with you. So good for him that he does not have to stay at the shelter. He'll love your place:D

Edwina's Secretary
04-25-2003, 10:47 AM
How wonderful of you to make room for "just one more!" But how could you resist a gray and white!?!?!?!?!?!?

Welcome Tom to the Lost Cat Hotel!

ramanth
04-25-2003, 11:39 AM
He sounds lovely! Any chance of pictures!? ;) :D

slick
04-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Yes, pictures please.

NoahsMommy
04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Awwww! That is so kind of your resident cats to make him feel comfy!

And how nice of you to take in an elderly cat.

carole
04-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Welcome Tom to pet talk, as i am sure we are going to hear a lot about you, how sweet the other puddytats have welcomed him too, u r neat person to take Tom into your home, he is truely a blessed pussycat:)

Cataholic
04-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Oh, how wonderful that The Lost Cats Motel has a resident Grampa!!! I am glad things are being comfy and smooth with the other 'residents'...

kimlovescats
04-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Oh what a special thing for you to give an elderly cat a nice home!!! It is also just wonderful how your others have taken him in and appreciate him for his age and wisdom!!! Yes, we need grandpa pictures, PLEASE!!!:)

Miss Meow
04-25-2003, 05:36 PM
How did an old, loving, 20 year old cat end up at the shelter? I sure hope it wasn't because someone got sick of him.

It's wonderful that you and your cats have welcomed Tom into your lives :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm so glad that you're able to care for Tom and that the other cats are making him feel at home. :) I'd also love to see pictures of him. :)

catmandu
04-26-2003, 09:31 AM
I will be sending Jen a photo of Tom , and hopefully she can have his photo up in a week or two . He was avilable as his Guardian an older Gentleman had to go to a nursing home . We have a mutual friend at an Animal Rescue association , so she asked me if I could give old tom a home for the rest of his life. so far he loves his Iams turkey , uses the litter box , and loves his pup tent , with the approval of his new pal , Mooose the Magnanimous.The other cats realize that he is not a young cat and have given him a lot of licks , headbumpies and curl by his side to provide warmth! thank You for the kind words , but beleive me Tom is giving me more than I could ever give him.

PayItForward
04-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Tom has certainly settled in, he sounds very happy.

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-26-2003, 09:45 AM
What a happy story, and how wonderful that Tom is able to spend his old age in a comfortable home instead of a shelter.

Did anyone manage to convey the good news to Tom's previous owner???

Just a thought - but it would be good for the old man if they did - my Granny fretted terribly about her dog when she had to go into a frail care facility. We couldn't take her dog, as my two dogs didn't get along with it. Fortunately my aunt found space for "just one more" and my Granny was so relieved!

catmandu
04-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Good point , I forgot to mention that his owner also Thomas , knows where his dear pal is , and as soon as he can , is going to visit his sole companion of eight years. Mr Hall is a widower , as we used to say and very devoted to his namesake.

IttyBittyKitty
04-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Awwww, it's so nice how your other kitties are kind to the old fellow! And good on you for taking him in. 20 years old! That is amazing! And may he have many more happy years in his new furrever home. It is good to hear that he wasn't abanoned because his owners tired of him, and it will be good when he can have a visit from his previous human :)

Randi
04-26-2003, 10:15 AM
It's such a joy reading that Tom has settled in so well and he didn't have to spend his last time at the shelter. :) I'm so glad you're taking him! It's great if his previous owner can visit and see how well Tom is doing, I'm sure he'll feel much better! :)

neko1
04-26-2003, 08:15 PM
Glad to hear you took Tom in!! I'm sure Tom knows he's in good hands:)

smokey the elder
04-27-2003, 07:39 AM
I'm glad you took this elderly kitty in, and the other cats accept him. For some reason he makes me think of Old Deuteronomy from the play "Cats."

jenluckenbach
04-27-2003, 07:45 AM
Congratulations on the addition of Tom to the hotel. He could not have booked better accomondations if he called the Ritz himself. How wonderful that he has the opportuntity to live out his senoir years in love and comfort.
I will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of a photo that I will gladly post.
It is good that the original guardian of Tom will get to know that he is safe. (it maust be incredibly hard to need to give up a beloved pet)
Thank you, catmandu, for being the wonderful person you are.

Russian Blue
04-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
He was avilable as his Guardian an older Gentleman had to go to a nursing home .

Awww......I feel sorry that both had to be separated. I'm sure they both gave each other many happy years together!So glad you are able to share your home with Tom.

Have you dealt with a deaf cat before? If you ever need any resources for deaf cats, I can send you a few links to forums and emails of people I know who have deaf cats.

;)

catmandu
04-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Actually at this home they have 4 resident Cats , its just at 20 , Thomas felt that Tom was too old to adjust to the noise and other people. and he will be visiting the Lost Cats Hotel , just as soon as he can set up things with the darts bus , a subsidized bus for older people!The home is not on the Regular Bus Run , and Thomas is not able to catch a regular bus anyway. thank you so much for the kind thoughts and words , and Tom sends you all headbumps and licks! lost cats hotel.

carole
04-27-2003, 08:00 PM
can you please tell me all about the Lost Cats Hotel, being on the other side of the world i have never heard of it, how does it work, etc, great tom is there thanks:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Congratulations on the addition of Tom to the hotel. He could not have booked better accomondations if he called the Ritz himself. How wonderful that he has the opportuntity to live out his senoir years in love and comfort.
I will be anxiously awaiting the arrival of a photo that I will gladly post.
It is good that the original guardian of Tom will get to know that he is safe. (it maust be incredibly hard to need to give up a beloved pet)
Thank you, catmandu, for being the wonderful person you are.

Thanks Jen, for saying so well exactly what I was thinking.

I'm so glad you were able to take him in, Catmandu, and I'm so glad the other kitties are treating him so well. I love happy stories like this, just makes me feel warm all over. :)

Russian Blue
04-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
........and I'm so glad the other kitties are treating him so well. I love happy stories like this, just makes me feel warm all over. :)

Ditto!!

;)

2kitties
04-28-2003, 01:27 PM
I love this story!
catmandu, congratus to both you and Tom

HayleyRosie
04-29-2003, 06:27 AM
Congratulations. I can't wait to see pictures of Tom.

catmandu
04-29-2003, 09:40 AM
I have just sent photos of Tom ,Roscoe , The Late Orange Blossom and Smokey to my dear friend Jen , and I am certain you will be seeing them soon . the photo is of Tom , circa age 16 , after a vet visit , I dont own a camera , and ahve some pressing bills to pay before I get another, and Tom doesnt atke as good a photo anymore that his eyes have clouded over , and he has lost so much weight, he is eating Eukanuba Kitten and some Baby Food.ThankYou for the kind words and thoughts , Tom says MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEow to you all!

Miss Meow
04-29-2003, 05:58 PM
You are a true cat saint :) It wouldn't matter if Tom had one eye, two legs and a broken tail, I'm sure he's a very beautiful cat :)

carole
04-29-2003, 07:21 PM
catmandu has just sent me pics of all the cats, as i was not around when they were first posted, they are all so cute, yes looking forward to seeing tom too

catmandu
04-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Thomases daughter Toni brought over Toms dishes , automatic feeders and water dish and 2 electris blankets. My cats were angry that it took this long in Canada , a cold Country for them to get heated blankets, Wow they loved them. How long have they had these , they seemed to say. Also litter , the Max Cat Scoop , and Medi Cal Cat Food , senior variety.The blankets have been put into thier beds and now they can truly say that they have EVERYTHING!