PDA

View Full Version : Are we geeks?

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-25-2003, 09:16 AM
I have just been informed by my 14 year-old son (who, by the way, knows EVERYTHING), that I have turned into a "weird pet-geek" - because I spend so much time on PT.

At least in my study I can't hear the "MUSIC" he plays - Ally is so much easier to deal with at the moment!

Barbara
04-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Weird pet-geek. I love that title. Can I borrow it?:D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Edwina's Secretary
04-25-2003, 11:01 AM
My husband sometimes teases me about the amount of time I spend on Pettalk (as if he really knows!) In my opinion if he can spend a whole Sunday polishing his motorcycle ....he's no room to tease!

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2003, 11:14 AM
If I had to be called a geek, I'd much rather be called a pet geek. :D I don't think there's anything weird about it. What can I say, I'm very addicted to this site and love it here. :)

ramanth
04-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Pet Geek, Star Wars geek, LOTR geek, computer geek....

I'm a Geek Queen! :D ;)

Barbara
04-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Ha, I'm a star wars geek too:D

Sara: same with my husband. He's the guy with the 2000 CDs of classical music and he notices every single time I go to the computer:D

kimlovescats
04-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Thankfully my hubby loves kitties like I do .... but he prefers to spend his time being a PlayStation Geek! He is just happy that I have something to spend my time on....so he can spend his time playing his games without me getting upset!!!! :eek:

marysmerrycats
04-25-2003, 12:57 PM
they certainly DO know everything don't they?:rolleyes:
to be considered a pet geek, by a 14 year old... oh no, what will you ever do to overcome such horrible fate? I'm sure at that age, to be called a geek is terrible, did you feign shock and heartache when he said that?:D

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 02:40 PM
I vote to start the pet-talk GEEK club. Consider me a charter member.;)

Uabassoon
04-25-2003, 04:22 PM
I'm just a geek in general, and I love that about myself. I'd much rather be a geek then an idiot. To show how geeky I am, a few months ago I was at a bar and someone came up to me and told me I look like a Vulcan from Star Trek because I have that weird Spock haircut, I got so excited it made my night.

BastetsMum
04-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Yes i am an UBer Geek!

I teach Geekdom :D

jenluckenbach
04-25-2003, 07:07 PM
someone came up to me and told me I look like a Vulcan from Star Trek because I have that weird Spock haircut, I got so excited it made my night.
I LOVE....NO, I LIVE FOR Star Trek !!!!

Uabassoon
04-25-2003, 08:41 PM
heehee I have a star trek uniform, it doesn't fit me anymore but I have it hung up on my wall.

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Can you be a chemist and not be geek? I'd rather be knowwn as a pet geek :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-26-2003, 03:27 AM
they certainly DO know everything don't they?
to be considered a pet geek, by a 14 year old... oh no, what will you ever do to overcome such horrible fate? I'm sure at that age, to be called a geek is terrible, did you feign shock and heartache when he said that?

I merely reminded him that it was this "GEEK" who installed and configured our home network, which allows him access to the internet via ADSL from his room, as well as enabling him to play games against his friends over the network........he kept VERY quiet after that.

;)

ChrisH
04-26-2003, 01:31 PM
A Pet Geek am I.

And proud of it!!!:D :D

iceyshiver21
04-26-2003, 03:13 PM
I get called dumb all the time but umm like i care! :D :D :D :D

marysmerrycats
04-26-2003, 08:59 PM
hey, lets not forget... if not for a geek, none of us would be posting on here... there would not be an internet! a GEEK invented it!! go geeks!:D :D

smokey the elder
04-27-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm a chemist, which means I'm a geek by definition.;) Can I join the pet talk geek club?:p

Russian Blue
04-27-2003, 10:54 AM
I was born a Pet Geek!

:D ;)

catmandu
04-27-2003, 12:39 PM
I am known on my block as the Fat , Bald Weird Catman. I consider it a badge of honor , as a lot of the people in the neighborhood waste so much on video games , drugs and booze. at least my Cats give back , not take away!

BastetsMum
04-27-2003, 11:58 PM
Well Catmandu, on my street I am called the Crazy CatLady. Because not only do I make sure all the cats in the neighbourhood are ok but I also collect cat statuettes as well.

BTW any strays I find I usually get my next door neighbour to help bundle them up and take them to the RSPCA. People have learnt now either to keep them indoors, in a cage or put an identifying tag on them!

The ferals are usually trapped. :( Its an unfortunate way of life in Australia that feral cats are trapped and then immediately euthanised but we need to protect our wildlife.

wolf_Q
04-28-2003, 12:11 AM
Can I join the offical "Weird-Pet-Geek" club? I'm weird, I'm a geek, and I love pets...I think I'd be perfect! ;)

BastetsMum
04-28-2003, 12:46 AM
I Suppose so .... :D

HayleyRosie
04-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Thats a great title. I have been called a 'Crazy Cat Lady' but never a pet geek. Maybe I can combine the too titles and be the new 'Crazy Cat Geek'.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I merely reminded him that it was this "GEEK" who installed and configured our home network, which allows him access to the internet via ADSL from his room, as well as enabling him to play games against his friends over the network........he kept VERY quiet after that.
;)
Way to go Mom!!! :D We were just talking yesterday how we knew everything as teenagers, and now our friends' kids know everything (since we don't have kids and our friends' kids are now teenagers). However, it seems that even though we knew everything - the kids today seem to know more than we did. ;) :D

Yep, sign me up as another Pet Geek charter member! :D

Chinadoll
04-28-2003, 02:14 PM
LOL...well, I've been called a computer geek. What's really funny is when Joey and I are both called that. I'll never forget when we were at Jazz Fest with friends and we both pulled out our Palm Pilots because we had notated what bands we wanted to see on it. I thought it was funny, our friends just looked at us in disgust and called us geeks (of course they meant it in the most loving, sarcastic way that only true friends can!)