PDA

View Full Version : We've met beautiful cats in Spain

Randi
04-25-2003, 07:19 AM
We’ve met lots of beautiful cats in Spain.

We stayed in the first place for 2 days, near Antequera. We were welcomed by 3 cats! As we parked, a white one immediately jumped on our car. :) There was also a wonderful orange female. Those two were all over us whenever we sat on the terrasse – non of them were allowed in the house. The last black one, a feral, we couldn’t get near - to shy.

We then stayed 5 days in a wonderful old Cortijo (a bull farm) outside Sevilla, with blossoming orange trees (what a wonderful smell!) right underneath our terrasse and a stunning view. A fantastic place!! Nita and her boyfriend came to visit us there. :)

Then we drove on to Sevilla where we stayed in Nita’s flat for 3 days with her 2 cats Sirocco and Neelix, and the new rescued one, Bufi, a tuxedo, which she intends to find a new home for. The day we came was the first day she let Bufi out with the others. Bufi was hissing and chasing poor Sirocco, but Neelix was growling at Bufi. However, it went quite well most of the time, but we had to seperate them a few times. Neelix, who is a big black boy, came and slept with us in bed and Sirocco also slept in the bedroom on our clothes. Wondeful cats!!

We had a great time with Nita both at home and at her favourite jazz Bar and visited some great tapas Bars. We saw the Gran Poder procession with her, it was absolutely mind blowing! We also went to see her boyfriends 2 cats Greta and Luna, Luna looks so much like Fister. Nita had a fast connection, unlike some Internet cafees (56K modem), so we lurked a bit. :D

After these 3 days in Seville, we went to stay with friends near Estepona.

We’ve not even seen the photos or our video’s yet, but I’m sure there’s a lot of good cat photos from all the places we visited. Will post them as soon as we get them on Imagestaion. ;)

We got Fister back the day we arrived, it was a bit of a hassle getting there in time as we arrived a bit late. The woman had him in the box when we came to fetch him and she didn’t even have to drug him. :) All the way back in the car, Fister tried very hard to tear the box apart, but luckily, it’s quite a strong box. He lost two whiskers and scratched so his claws were bleeding a little. :(

Oh, was he happy to be back!! He just couldn’t get enough cuddles, he kept giving us headbumpies and he followed us around everywhere. The two nights we’ve been back, he’s woken us up quite a few times to cuddle – so not a lot of sleep for us. Two weeks of cuddles to catch up. ;)

My knee still hurts, but I can walk - though, only one step at a time on the staircase.

Barbara
04-25-2003, 10:09 AM
I am most curious to see your cat pictures but I am glad to hear more about Fister. I love it to have the cats in bed again after I come home after a long holiday. Just like Fister, Filou and Tigris follow us wherever we go:D :D

Before they were with us, I always hated to go home after holiday, but now there is something to look forward to:)

Edwina's Secretary
04-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Aww...that Fister....not such a tough guy after all when it comes to missing his people! He's just a regular lovebug!

Welcome home Randi and John! Glad to hear you had a great time!

Cataholic
04-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Welcome back, Randi, John and Fister! I think it is so cute how Fister was this 'wild beast' and NOW is this love bug that just can't get enough of his hoomans, and 'his' flat.

Pictures, please.

ramanth
04-25-2003, 11:57 AM
Glad you guys had a great trip! I'm so looking forward to pictures. :D

And give Fister some hugs and kisses for me for being such a brave boy. ;)

04-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Glad to see you back on PT! You had a wonderful trip in Spain. I've never been at those places you went:(
Hey, your knee will be back in shape in no time; just be careful not to fall over Fister, as that love-bug is following you everywhere, he he! My cats were excited too when they came back home with us, but Fister seemed to have missed you immensely!! sweet boy:D :D . Maya sends him her love !!
I hope to see your pictures real soon:) :)

anna_66
04-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time, it sounds simply facinating!
Can't wait to see some pics:)

Miss Meow
04-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Welcome back! It sounds like you still had a wonderful time despite your knee injury :) Can't wait to see pics of Spain and your new cat friends!

krazyaboutkatz
04-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Welcome back!:D I'm glad you had such a great time in Spain and I can't wait to see all of the great pictures. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
I am most curious to see your cat pictures but I am glad to hear more about Fister. I love it to have the cats in bed again after I come home after a long holiday. Just like Fister, Filou and Tigris follow us wherever we go:D :D

Before they were with us, I always hated to go home after holiday, but now there is something to look forward to:)

I agree - the last few days of my holiday I am thinking about how great it will be to see Ally again:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip and the weather was a little more cooperative this time. :)

I'm so happy Fister did well on "his" vacation ;) and that he was soooo happy to see you two.

You've been missed, so we're all glad you're back and hopefully ready to tell us some new "Fister Tails" sometime soon. :)

AmberLee
04-29-2003, 12:39 AM
What lovely word pictures you've drawn. Now we'd love some photographs to go with them! (Aren't we selfish!!!) :rolleyes: :D :p