PDA

View Full Version : Tell us Your Favourite Kitty Stories

IttyBittyKitty
04-24-2003, 08:46 PM
As we all know, cats are just people in little fur coats with such amazing purrsonalities! The kitties I have owned over my lifetime have never ceased to bring me amusement with their cheeky antics!

My favourite Kitty Story involves my Mum's kitty, Milo. We adopted her in 1995. Like Pixel, she is a Siamese/DSH cross. From the time that we took her home at five weeks old, she was extremely vocal and would "talk" to us in little meows or chirrups when prompted. She's very affectionate and friendly to everyone, even strangers.

My Mum and Step-Dad split up when Milo was about 5-6 months, and in the confusion, kitty was not desexed. The local toms paid their visits, and before too long, Miley was big with little kitties!
About halfway through her pregnancy, she started to nest. For some reason, she decided to go on a wander.

She found a great nesting spot under someone's verandah about five or six streets away. Her new hosts assumed she was a stray, as the naughty kitty always took her collar off away from home where we could not find it and put it back on. They loved her to bits, but could not look after her. They contacted their friends across town and their friends agreed to look after her. They also loved her to bits, and after wrestling with their consciences, they advertised her in the local rag's lost and found column with much reluctance.

Meanwhile, I was a teenage girl who was missing her kitty very much, not to mentioned worried about the fact that she was expecting! My ex-Stepdad, who loved Milo also, searched for her everywhere he could, to no avail. Eventually, in desparation, he browsed the lost and found column, only to find an entry that sounded a lot like her - it mentioned that she was very vocal and friendly kitty!

When he gave them a call, he could hear Milo chirruping happily in the background and he knew that he'd found her! He brought her home to her very relieved family. She gave birth a few weeks later to five beautiful kitties! Two tuxes, a tortie, a fluffy grey kitty and - best of all - a fluffy cammie! What a combo! We had no trouble whatsover finding furrever homes for all five.

Milo is now a very content kitty who no longer ventures into the Great Outdoors! As for my own kitty, I will definitely get her microchipped to prevent any further heartache!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Some of my favorite times I can remember with Tinky is when she was a little baby.. and we would play this game with her...

where we would hide in the bathroom and when she would come down the hall we would jump out at her and she would fluff up and do a roll and show us her belly so we could grab it... then she would knaw on our hands.... IT WAS SO SUPER CUTE...

We would call her KOMBAT KITTY
(I know I have told this story a thousand times... but IttyBittyKitty is new ;))

here is a picture of her playing KOMBAT KITTY!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pe0f5a008fb58255caa77121f8ed7e3f2/fdb15f46.jpg

IttyBittyKitty
04-24-2003, 09:09 PM
That's sooooooo cute! Milo used to play "ambush" too - but she would do it in the middle of the night, when her family members were trying to find the loo in the dark!