PDA

View Full Version : My New Foster Dog - Mandy

Anakins mom
04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi all...Mystery my kitty has made a full recovery! Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for him.
Haven't been here much...I have been working with my new foster GSD, Mandy.

Thought I would share a pic of this beautiful girl with you :)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3da05b3127cce968db0be24e00000002610

slick
04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Congrats. Mandy you are so sweet. Would love to see more pictures.

delidog
04-24-2003, 08:58 PM
She is STUNNING!!!!What a Beautiful Girl!!!!!!

Rachel
04-24-2003, 10:12 PM
Oh my, you have a winner there. Don't get too attached, she is sure to be adopted with lightening speed. Do tell us more about her.

lovemyshiba
04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Mandy is gorgeous!!!
What a lucky foster mommy you are!!!

marysmerrycats
04-25-2003, 12:43 AM
that is BEAUTIFUL dog!:)

Anakins mom
04-25-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks All,

Mandy really is a beautiful girl...with brains to match!
She ended up in a local shelter...that sometimes will PTS if dogs don't get adopted in a timely manner.

Her owners knew she was there and didn't bail her out! :confused:

Mandy has a few 'issues'. We can't trust her with our cats as she has unbelievable drive...but to balance out all of her energy she learns really fast! I have had her for almost three weeks now and the positive changes she has made are astounding.

I don't think Mandy was ever abused, but it looks like she was allowed to run the show and she was never taught manners, with people or dogs. I have been using my clicker to further her training and she is now being much more polite to my neutered male GSD Anakin, but I still have to watch her with my spayed female GSD Hannah.

Mandy also didn't seem to understand the concept of 'toys'...I have been working to turn her 'cat drive' into 'ball drive' and we are starting to make some progress there! She would make an excellent agility dog! She loves her treats when we are training!

Mandy is listed at Petfinders under North Star German Shepherd Rescue in Massachusetts (MA). She goes for her spay in a couple weeks and I suspect that she is going to find a home fast!

Getting her to stay still long enough for pictures has been an exercise in patience for me! She loves to move! Once I get some more decent photos of Miss Mandy I'll post! :D

anna_66
04-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Thank you for taking the time, patience & effort to foster this dog & teach it some manners. It must be truly rewarding to see the progress she's made in the last 3 weeks:)

ramanth
04-25-2003, 12:36 PM
A GSD named Anakin? You wouldn't happen to be a Star Wars fan would you? ;) :D

(I have a cat named Zam and a betta named Jango)

Mandy is beautiful!!! I hope she finds a loving forever home soon. :)

Anakins mom
04-25-2003, 01:14 PM
LOL! Actually the whole family are Star Wars fans...Anakin is my 'replacement' for my sons that are now grown and living on their own. When they found out I was getting a puppy to keep me company after they moved...they decided that they should have the 'honor' of naming their replacement.

His full registered name is:
Anakin Skywalker of Hawkwind ;)

Hawkwind being my farm and studio name. :)

I am hoping Mandy finds a loving forever home soon. She really deserves one...she is a super dog. :D

ramanth
04-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Anakins mom
LOL! Actually the whole family are Star Wars fans...Anakin is my 'replacement' for my sons that are now grown and living on their own. When they found out I was getting a puppy to keep me company after they moved...they decided that they should have the 'honor' of naming their replacement.

His full registered name is:
Anakin Skywalker of Hawkwind ;)
I love it! :D

My boyfriend and I are Star Wars costumers. :)
Our website:
Tusken Family Camp (http://www.cutestsandgirl.com)

I checked out your site. Love the artwork! :)

Anakins mom
04-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey! That is really cool! I love your costumes! (Checked out your website too. :) Thanks for the compliments on my art work.)
Although my 90+ pound Anakin looks more like he should have been named Yoda...his ears are floppy. :)

iceyshiver21
04-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Congrats Mandy is cute!!

ramanth
04-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Anakins mom
Although my 90+ pound Anakin looks more like he should have been named Yoda...his ears are floppy. :)
LOL!!!
Well I know we would love to see pics of Anakin, Hannah, and more pics of Mandy. :D

tatsxxx11
04-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Mandy is gorgeous!! Thank you for helping such a deserving dog!:)