PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy?

slleipnir
04-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Does anyones dog have it? What are the symptoms and like how can you tell if your dog has it? (like anything besides just the spazzums?) Is there tests for it or do they just go by if your dog has attacks? I'd love to know more about it if anyone can tell me please..I'll let you know the reason after

wolfsoul
04-24-2003, 06:34 PM
My friends dog doesn't have epilepsy, but she has seizures quite alot..(The vet told her she doesn't have epilepsy :confused: )

When I saw Koda (the dog) have a seizure it scared me to death and I started crying. I thought she was choking on chicken, because she had just had chicken, but it was actually the grease that brought on the attack.

She started shaking...She was good and consious though, and she immediatly tried to stand...she stood half up and tried to walk but her body was shaking too much. Her head started banging on the table (she was underneath it) and everyone started freaking out. My friend ran over to Koda who was crawling across the ground, still going through spasms. She yelled at the people to get her some water, and she poured water over Koda's nose, and told Koda to lick it, and she kept doing that, and Koda kept licking the water, still shaking.

After that, she was really tired and just sort of moped around..I pet her and massaged her, and soon she was back to normal.

I'm not sure of the general symptoms, but that's just my personal exeperience.

Z dawg
04-24-2003, 07:25 PM
The symptoms of epilepsy are seizures. Every dog is different. Everything and anything can cause them. Often the origin of the seizures is not found. My last Giant Schnauzer had epilepsy. We were never able to find out the origin.

Stacey &
Zoey ( Giant Schnauzer )