PDA

View Full Version : Your LIFE vs. Your DOG

Dogz
04-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey,
This may be a hard question for some of you, but WOULD YOU GIVE UP YOUR LIFE FOR YOUR DOG?:confused:

Kfamr
04-24-2003, 06:00 PM
I voted for in a heartbeat but it's sort of hard. I'd only give up my life if i knew for sure they'd be in good hands if i was to leave.

slleipnir
04-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I think it would depend on the situation really..I can't say I would for sure cause I don't know for sure, I'd have to be in the situation..If it would be to save them from pain or something bad then I think I would

primabella
04-24-2003, 06:14 PM
That's one of those questions you hate to think about. I'm not sure. Mickey's amazing and I love him SOOO much...but , I don't know...

It depends on the situation of course and some people see their dogs' differently than others. (like, a stronger relationship) It's just a hard question that I hate to answer.

NWS_Haven
04-24-2003, 06:24 PM
I had to watch my uncle actually live that question.

He had a beautiful Lab that he had titled in the field and he adored that dog. She was his constant companion and hunting buddy.

We were out for a walk with her when she spotted some ducks out on a frozen lake and she bolted after them which was totally out of charactar for her. She went through the ice and than under the ice. He ran to the house and grabbed a hatchet and starting chopping away at the ice but he couldn't find his dog. The ice starting giving away under him but he wasn't giving it up. My aunt was screaming at him and finally he turned around and saw his kids watching him and he backed off the lake.

It was the saddest most horrifying thing I've had to witness but that day he chose his life and his wife and kids over a beloved dog.

It's a very hard question to answer and one decision I hope I never have to make. Of course than I look at my dogs and say "IN A HEARTBEAT!" Not sure my husband could handle all 4 of them without me though.
:(

Dogz
04-24-2003, 06:36 PM
I understand all of your replies... I had to vote in a heartbeat... but I totally understand! I think it would depend on the situation...

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 07:20 PM
I question the sensibillity of this poll.....

Dogz
04-24-2003, 08:46 PM
The only reason I asked is because I think of this a lot... tough to think about, but sometimes I do. I wanted to see what other people thought.

BTW! Binx is sooooooo cute!;)