PDA

View Full Version : should i do it? :D

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 02:52 PM
should i give up the computer for two whole months to get a cockatiel? :eek: :confused: :)

ok... i asked my mom if i could by a cockatiel myself, and she said "only if you give up the computer for two months."

My first reaction was no way. :eek: two months without PT?!!! lol! but i really do want one terribly, and its not like im being without my pets for two months. what do you think? plus i broke my arm and three fingers yesterday so its hard to type. :(

please LMK what you would do!:D

Tweety_Pie
04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
:eek: You borke your arm :eek: ouch!!!

That is a really tough descision(sp?) I'd do it, but don't forget...if you go to a friends house use their computer!:D

I'd say....DO IT! and we will miss you!;)

primabella
04-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Are you ready for a tiel? Just make sure you think about the whole idea of another pet in the house before you think about all the fun stuff that comes with it. I'm sure you would take care of it well :)

Um...I really don't know what to suggest about the deal. But if your fingers hurt, just don't put pressure on them and worsen it. Maybe this is an oppurtinity to help let your hand heal and also get anothe rpet out of it ;) Whatever you decide, good luck! And I hope you get better soon ;D

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 03:04 PM
thans prima and tweety!

well, i havnt completely decided yet. but if i dont come back for a while, you will know whats going on!;)

Ive been researching tiels for quite a while now (ever since i saw PCB's popcorn and muffin!)

thanks again!

prima: i really like the idea that if i rest my hands i get a new pet:p :D

Tweety_Pie
04-24-2003, 03:06 PM
also don't forget....Tiki may get a little jelous at first!:p

Are you thinking about getting a male or female?

tikeyas_mom
04-24-2003, 03:24 PM
I think you should go for it, r u getting a male or female? are you getting a tammed one or one from a pet store? more info :D..

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 04:51 PM
thanks! well im gonna go for it!:) ill miss you all! lol!

ok i dont know if im getting a male or female, but im not getting one from a pet store. Im getting one from the want advertiser... if i can get one already tamed or partially tamed, ill get that one, but im also willing to tame it. :)

Im printing out last minute info off the internet like crazy right now, because i wont be able to look at them on the net till i get one!

PCB: im banned from ALL the computers at home;)

ill miss you! :( :p

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 05:25 PM
thanks so much PCB!!:) your always so helpful! lol i feel like im saying goodbye forever:p (dont worry im not!) :D

tootles everyone...oh and... be thinking of names for me!!!!:D

primabella
04-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Bye bye Jess!! I hope you come back on soon! I'll miss seing your posts around. Don't forget to update us as soon as possible on your hand, your bird and lots of pictures!! Take care :)

Rottieluver45
04-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Hard Decision!! You decided right(I think) Good luck!!

Tweety_Pie
04-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Bye for now Jess! GOOD LUCK!:D ;)

zanzanfergie
04-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Oh i hope I haven't missed you, and you still get to read this!! (it sucks being on the other side of the world with completely opposite time zones :mad: )
Have a wonderful two months healing and dreaming of your beautiful tiel that will bring you so much joy. I can't wait to see pics (and Austin and Lachie can't wait to stare at the computer screen and sing to the tiel inside :D )

Good luck, hope your arm heals well, and your tielly friend is happy, healthy, and very funny. I'll miss you!

Jessica12345
04-25-2003, 07:17 AM
aghhh!:mad: :mad: :mad:

ok now i am so pissed off. My mom "changed her mind" aghh! she said it was a deal AND a promise!:mad: :( :(

she keeps giving me long speeches about how we already have a bird. :mad: now i cant get one no matter what. god, im so mad! and sad! i want a little tiel so much. maybe its just not ment to be.

on the good side i can go on PT more often now:rolleyes:

:mad: :( :rolleyes: :(

zanzanfergie
04-25-2003, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry, Jess. Never mind. Be patient. I'm sure your tielly terror is just waiting for the best time to come into your life ;)

Jessica12345
04-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie
I'm sure your tielly terror is just waiting for the best time to come into your life ;)

lmao!:p

thanks zanzan...;)

I was having second thoughts anyway.

there was one thing i hadnt considered... what if the tiel had a deseise? i would NOT want it to be passed on to tiki!:eek:

Logan
04-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Heck, I waited 39 years to have one, and I didn't even know I wanted one then!!! :o It was my daughter's 11th birthday that brought us Roger. But two months later, it was completely me that saw Milly and had to have her!!!! :)

tikeyas_mom
04-25-2003, 01:50 PM
well I had a feeling you couldent resist pet talk for longer then 2 days ;). :D j/k. maybe one day you'll get another birdie. I think that Tiki would get VERY jelous when the new bird came home.