PDA

View Full Version : Sir Jury today for Mr. Binx

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 10:09 AM
YIKES! I didn't know today was the sir jury...I thought it was just another consult. So, here is what I know so far- not much.

We got there at 740 am, and met with Dr. Auvil, Dr. Emily, and another fella. We talked about Binx, and the next thing I know, he was being led away from me!! The plan is to go in today, and remove the little teeth, if they are there, cut the gums to let the biggies come down, cut away the cysts, remove the jaw bone, and wait and see! It is possible this will be a two step process, and they won't know until they get in there today.

The good news...his films of other body parts were fine. No dysplasia or nothing of that sort. His bloodwork was fine, too.

So, I leave here at 230, for some work appointments, then, I will wait to hear from the white coats. It is remotely possible I will not be able to post tonight...it is going to be kinda crazy with Binx coming home (or **maybe** ) spending the night. I will post as SOON as I can, I promise. Thanks for the good wishes and prayers that I know are coming our way.
Johanna and Binx.

lizbud
04-24-2003, 10:18 AM
Prayers and good wishes for a successful surgery. Maybe it's
a good thing(in another way). Less time to worry & anticipate
the event. Will be thinking of you guys all day & praying like
crazy. :) Hugs from Liz & Smokey.

kingrattus
04-24-2003, 10:21 AM
I hope all goes well Binx :) If ur lucky u'll get nothing but ice-cream & jello :)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Prayers going for Binx, hope all goes well and he gets to come home tonight.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

RockyRoad
04-24-2003, 10:53 AM
All paws crossed for a speedy surgery! You're in our thoughts.

Cinder & Smoke
04-24-2003, 11:27 AM
:eek: <frantikly Dialz God>

Hi God!

Sorrie God ~ We *goofed* in last nite's Prayer...

TUDAY iz da Sir Jury day for Mr Binx!
Stedda jest *watchin* an *lookin*, da White Coatz are gonna be werkin on Mr Binx's mouff!

PaLeeze, Dear God - Help guide the Docs while they fix da Big Boy'z toofiez.

An THANKz, God ~
Fur havin allua *tests* turn out So Gud! :D
Itz reel cumforting to knowe allua resta Mr Binx is purdy much Oh-Key-Do-Key! :D
We can all *live* wiffa few missin teefs;
but we'd like ta see enuff of em soz he can *SMILE* atta KiddyKatz! :p

Stay close to da Prayer Line iffin You can, God ~
Gonna be a lotta *callz* commin it tuday...
Buncha Mr Binx's buddiez are a lot concerned bout da Boy!

TANKz fur all Your Help, God! :)

/s/ da Prayer Pups

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Wow! That was fast! Hopefully this will mean relief for Binx. Binx is in my thoughts. Hugs to you. I am sure you are anxious for the outcome. Please update us as soon as you know something!

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 11:52 AM
:eek: Nothin' like gettin' right to it!!! This is Killi here. Mom said ta tell ya that I don't have 8 of my toothies and I still get the girlz! (Ouch, Shiloh, don't bite me!) Good luck today. We'll all be thinkin' bout ya here!

Logan
04-24-2003, 12:25 PM
Binx and Johanna, we will be watching and waiting to hear the news from the Sir Jury!!! :eek: Those white coats are efficient, I would say!!! Keeping you in our prayers, all day long!!!!

Logan

lbaker
04-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Poor Johanna, you are probably wishing it were you that was being sedated through all this .... keep the faith and smooth some cats (that always eases my worries).
Laurie & crew

Albea
04-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Sweet, beautiful Binx, I hope all went well with your Sir Jury and that, after a long and well deserved nap, you'll be ready for all the yummy treats your mommy will give you.
Get well soon.

ChrisH
04-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Prayers and good wishes for SirJury success for Mr Binx.

Am thinking about you both.
Hugs

anna_66
04-24-2003, 01:50 PM
Looks like you've already left to see Mr. Binx, I hope that everything went well with the sir jury.
Glad to know that all the other test turned out a-ok!
We'll be thinking about you tonight, update when you can:)

ramanth
04-24-2003, 03:39 PM
I hope your sir jury went well today Mr. Binx.

I'm thinking of ya! :D

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Hoping and praying things went well today!!!

Dakota's Mommy
04-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Oh, our fingers and paws are crossed here and we're just praying away! Can't wait to get an update, we'll be thinking of you both until we get it too!

moosmom
04-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Johanna,

Prayers coming your way! Hope everything turns out okay for Binx.

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Well, the sir jury is over, at least this part of it, anyhow. I just got off the phone with the vets. Binx is just now coming out from the fog. His sir jury was 3.5 hours!!! As the doctor suspected, he needed a complete uncovering of the gums. The little teeth that were get-at-able were removed, and the follicles (teeth follicles?) have been opened. The idea is for the big teeth to 'erupt', and come on through the gums. They couldn't get through the gums, previously, and just got all jammed up. The doctor put some 'super glue' on the gums, I think instead of a bunch of zippers, and said I can expect to see a bunch of little holes in his mouth...this must be the tooth holes? It is possible, and probable, that Binx will need a second procedure to help his teethers come through. It is a wait and see kind of situation. Dr. Emily said sometimes this causes the teeth to erupt on their own, without additional hooman input. We can only wait and see.

I will go get Binx tomorrow (Friday), hopefully. I am to call at 8 am, and he will have been examined by both Dr. Auvil, and Dr. Emily. He is being kept on morphine tonight, so, at least he shouldn't be in too much pain. He will be on slurpable food, for how much time, I don't know.

I realize I don't have all the facts straight. I am kinda overwhelmed with the situation. I will be more coherent in the am, and get a better understanding of his condition then. For now, it is enough for me to know we are at least half way through this procedure, and my little big boy can start to heal. Thanks for all your kind thoughts today.
Johanna

Cinder & Smoke
04-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Furst...

Hey God ~

THANKz a BIG BUNCH for Helpin wiffa Sir Jury on Mr Binx!!
We'z Soooo Glad You wuz there :) wiffa White Coatz!!

/s/ da Prayer Pups

-------------------------

Mr. Binx is OUTTA
Sir Jury an iz DOIN FINE!!!!

Docs are Reel Pleezed!! :) :D

Dad jest called da Hopsbittel an jabbered wiffa Nursey Gurl...
She sed both Doc Auvil an Doc Emily wuz talkin to
Miz Johanna while Dad wuz onna phone...
Givin MawMee sum PURTY GUD NEWZ!!!! :D

We dint get many detailz, but she kept sayin "Whutta NICE Dawggie Mr Binx is!!"
He did reel well durrin Sir Jury; but it wuz a lil urlee to say when he could get signed out...
Gonna be 8 or 9 a-klok affore he really *wakes up*.
She sed they Jest Finished wiff him. (5:00 PM)

Still need a buncha Prayers...
an keep Eberythin *crossed* fur a while...
Gonna be purdy late affore Mom can even *think* bout
takin Mr Binx to da howze...

But da NEWZ IS GUD!!!!!!!! :D

Letz all send a Big Thankz up to God tanite! ;)

:eek:
MawMee beet us to it!
Dad typez too darn s l o w

Too bad da Kid gotta stay obernite inna hopsbittel, but derz Peepil der ALL nite - so he'z gonna have kumpanie an Nurseys checkin up on him all nite.

Sure hope dem BIG Tooferz "pop" up wiffout a lotta fuss - but soundz like the Docs are purdy hopeful bout him havin TEEFs!! :D

Hey Mom ~
When ya sneek ober ta see him tanite...
Give Mr Binx a REELEE BIG Pet Talk {{{HUGG}}}
frum allua us! An take wun {{{HUGG}}} fur Yerself!

ChrisH
04-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Such good news!:) :)

Letz all send a Big Thankz up to God tanite!
Oh, yes indeedy!:)

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Glad that part is over and the big little guy is doin' fine!! Here's hoping that the toothies will emerge with no further sir jury!! Hugs to Mr. Binx and Mom!!

anna_66
04-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the update Johanna & Phred:)

At least you know he's going to be well taken care of tonight & in no major pain.

Let's hope this is the last sir jury poor Binxy boy has to have!

Here's some hugs for both you and the Binx :D http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smileyhug.gif

Get some rest tonight & try not to worry about your little big boy too much.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow, Mr. Binx, and Johanna!!! I just first heard about Mr. Binx earlier today, and here he's gone and had his sir jury already!!!

I sure hope he's ok tomorrow and can come home. Healing always goes better at home. :)

I've just read all the threads about Mr. Binkx, and I agree that there were just too many coincidences for this to not be fate. "Somebody" knew Mr. Binx needed a much better mommy than he had, and that certain "somebody" also knew that Johanna was the one for the job. :)

I love St. Bernards. A family I knew when I was a kid had one. He would stand in the kitchen and wag his tail and first it would hit the cabinets, then the leg of the table, then the cabinets, then the table - wap, wap, wap, wap.....it must have hurt but he just kept wagging. ;) :D

Binx is certainly adorable, and I sure hope his mouth/teeth problems get worked out because he needs to grow into his head and paws. Sure hope he starts learnin' 'bout them kiddykatz soon too.

Congratulations, good luck, welcome, hugs and prayers all going out to the Big Binx Boy. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Johana, I am glad to hear that Binx's sir jury went well. Now we just have to wait and see. Hopefully, all will go according to plan and Mr. Binx will have some teeth very soon. Glad to hear he will be on some meds to ease the pain. I am sure that he will be ready to come home and be spoiled by his Mommy!

What do the cats think about all this?! Just when they thought that he was gone, he is going to be back again!:rolleyes: I am sure they will welcome him back home with open paws!!

Binx is still in my thoughts. Thank you for the good update.

lbaker
04-24-2003, 06:13 PM
..do have a gentle evening tonight Johanna and know that Dog is your co-pilot - paws crossed
Laurie

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 07:17 PM
It is 815 here, and I just called the vet. They are a 24/7 vet, so, the phone was answered on the third ring. The guy I spoke with was very nice, and didn't seem bothered by my call. He musta been back with the furry ones, cause I could hear 'noise'. He said Binx was awake, but still groggy, and 'not very happy'. I asked if he was crying, and he said, "no, he just had that look, 'what did they do to me' on his face". The man said there was some bleeding, but that was to be expected, and Binx was resting comfortably, considering. I asked if they would call me, even in the middle of the night, if something should change, and he assured me he would.

With that, I think I will travel to bed....I am very tired. I will report again tomorrow am. Night, edderbuddy.

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Glad to hear Mr Binx is on the way to recovery. I'm sure he will be well taken care of tonight and hopefully he'll get to come home tomorrow!!!

Sudilar
04-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Try to get some rest. Binx is in good hands. Good night!!

tatsxxx11
04-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Oh, precious Binxster, arent' you the brave little pup! We're so glad to hear you're out of Sir Jury and doing so well. We know you had a VERY big day and you're hurting, sweetie, but you're in good hands, and hopefully tomorrow you'll be home with your Mommy! Sleep well, Binx! We're all saying extra special prayers for you! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-24-2003, 08:10 PM
{{{{BINX}}}}

&

{{{{JOHANNA}}}}

What good news ... I am sure everything is going to turn out just fine... I will pray that he will heal up and cut those teeth without any problems....

Hope you get a good nights sleep...:)

mugsy
04-24-2003, 08:51 PM
I am so glad that Sir Jury was nice to little ol' Binx cuz I wulda come beat that ol' guy up fur ya Binxy Boy!

Jo I'm glad you can rest easy tonight. Thanks for the update. Sounds like both houses had good news today!

lizbud
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I am so happy to know that Binx came through the surgery
so well. With the pain meds he's getting, he should sleep
& rest pretty much all night. Poor guy....It's not supposed to
be this hard getting toofs little man.:) I hope Binx & Momma
both get lots of rest tonight. Hugs to you both.:) :) :)

oodlesofpoodles
04-24-2003, 09:05 PM
ours mommy red the thread to us. oh me gosh we do hope Binx is feeling better. sounds like them white coats did a good job. we put ours paws together and says a prayer for Mr. Binx. Our mommy says when his toothers come in he will have a pretty :D
saying pawee prayers for a speedy recovery.
says all of us.
:) riley :) gannie :) pealie mae :) sweetie:) jack:) silly jilly:)

p.s. ours mommy said prayers to for a speedy recover.

get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shais_mom
04-24-2003, 11:44 PM
WOW!!
I totally missed this! I'm Sorry!
I am so glad he came thru this well!
BIG HUGS TO MOM AND BINXIE BOY!
Johanna, I am so glad you rescued him! He has the BEST MOM!
Love to all of you!
Staci, Keegan and Kylie

gini
04-25-2003, 12:12 AM
What wonderful news to read right before going to bed...........

I am so happy to hear the news that Binx came through with flying colors. What a complicated surgery!

Rest now, Johanna and Binx.....it is only going to get better from now on!!

Sleep tight both of you!

Vio&Juni
04-25-2003, 03:51 AM
Johanna, I think it's good that you didn't think it's the sir jury day. You were less worried, if that's possible :)
Speedy recovery for Binxter and huggs to you :)

AdoreMyDogs
04-25-2003, 06:17 AM
Binx, you are one lucky pupster! You have the very bestist mommie ever!

Johanna, please give Binx and yourself a big hug from me, Graham, Kersey & Minion. We are so pleased that the kid made it out of *sir jury* ok, and that he's on the road to recovery. I am so glad that you rescued him. He's one lucky pooch!

Cinder & Smoke
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
:confused:
*Psssssst, TexKat...

Any Newz yet?
Meowmee an the BinxBoy otta be gettin home purdy soon...

Send us a lil note when they arrive.

An no hasslin poor Binxy - he's gonna be a lil *loopie* :cool:
frum allua dope he got last nite!

Albea
04-25-2003, 09:58 AM
Three cheers for Mr. Binx and the white coats!!!
How is the dear boy doing today? Ready for some Frosty Paws?
Big hug and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

lbaker
04-25-2003, 10:16 AM
mmmmmm Frosty Paws!! Great idea:D Help his sore moufie and good for ya too!

Cataholic
04-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Well, after a long night, and even longer morning, Binx is now back home. He has slurped up some food, with some extra pills in there for pain, and healing, has pottied, and now is resting near my feet.

The surgery and recouperation last night went well. He is to return to Dr. Auvil on May 13, for a check up. His teeth should start to erupt within the next 30 days. Right now, he has pain meds, and a mouth wash with antibiotical agents in it.

NEWS FLASH- Binx is going CRAZY!!! He just went after a kitty, knocked over the tent, got scared by that, and ran into the living room. Apparently, Binx is feeling better than I am! What a total nutty episode. It is good to see him settling in at home again.

OK, on with the medical...he can exercise at his pace, no chewing of any food, so, I will give him Euk. wet, with water. It is very soupy, and has an amazing path of projectile.

One more surgery, at least, is in the future...to cut away more gum, after the teeth start coming out. His mouth is VERY scary looking right now, and he prefers that you leave it alone.

Well, I hear barking and hissing...I must go "save" my poor, sick, tired, puppy from the big mean cats~

Cinder & Smoke
04-25-2003, 11:17 AM
WELCOME HOME,
Mr Binx !!!! :D

Glad yer back wiffa Katz & MawMee!!

Dad sez the Gang atta Hoppsbittel all like ya a LOT.

Now, letz werk on gettin all them *hidden Toofiez* to :eek: *errupt* like they're supposed to. :) Sooner ya can *smile* the quicker da Katz will share their stuff wiff ya!

Did Mom pick up ennie Frosty Pawz onna way home?

Happie Kat Chazin! :rolleyes:

mugsy
04-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the update Jo, you're such a good mom. Sounds like he's feeling better already. You know that he never would have had this chance if you hadn't saved him. Thank you.

ramanth
04-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Happy to hear that Binx's sir jury went well and that he is now home. :)

Give Binx's and the kitties a hug for me!

ChrisH
04-25-2003, 01:08 PM
So glad Mr Binx is home and doing pretty well so far. :)

Sending many hugs, for you, Mr Binx, and, of course, all the kitties! :)

Kater
04-25-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm glad Binxie is home and on the path to recovery. Lots of snuggles and rest time for Mr. Binx.:D

anna_66
04-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Great news, thanks for the update:D

Sudilar
04-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Lucky, lucky Binx!! Thank you Johanna for saving and caring for this big guy. If you hadn't saved him, who knows what would have happened to him!! You are an angel.

Mr. Binx, so glad you are feeling better. Bet you are glad to be back in your forever home!!!

Dakota's Mommy
04-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Great news! I'm so glad to get on today and find out all this new stuff with everybody! It's so good to hear that he's doing fine and feeling better already.

kingrattus
04-25-2003, 04:39 PM
YAY Binx, Hope u feel better really soon :)
& ur mommy should be happy that she doesn't have to carry u around cause of being doped up..

I wasn't as lucky with Max's Sir Jury (from being stabbed), Max had 3 hr Sir Jury on his left lower leg & the cut was so bad, they had to cut off his dewclaw & his inside toe doesn't work.. Daddy was there the whole time assisting the vet & nurse & then the vet said it would be best if I remove the other dewclaw & Daddy said yes.. So max was all bandaged up & the outside tape was florcent orange, he looked like a racing horse... but Max had to be druged up for several days, cause the vat did not want him walking around.. So here I am a 5 foot 13 yr old & I had to carry Max (80 pounds) around, hand feed him & hand water him, I had to hold him so he could go potty, then lay him down so I could pick it up... it was alot of hard work, but I didn't complain cause I love Max & he's my puppy dog (oh Max was only 3 at the time)

Cataholic
04-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Apparently, while at the vet, a switcheroo was made, and I was given a cross between a little pony, a kangeroo, and an alligator. Binx is NOT resting, he IS eating, and is NOT behaving himself, at all. Who knew a little dental work would bring out the puppy in my 5.5 month old puppy. His glee/energy makes me wonder if 'maybe' he was in more pain before than I thought. He is a total NUT right now...:D

gini
04-25-2003, 04:56 PM
And that's exactly how we like our pups (some of the time) acting like total nuts...........like little kids.......who need some disciipline once in a while.

Johanna, your last post made me laugh out loud!! What next?

Keep us posted! And I am glad that all of the news is so good.

(Did the Dr. give you some sleeping pills? - for Binx - not you?:D )

Sudilar
04-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Hehehehehe, such good news!!

Miss Meow
04-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Oh my god, what a stressful time for you all. I only just saw Binx on your sig and caught up with his trauma. I'm so glad he came out of the op with flying colours! :)

tatsxxx11
04-25-2003, 06:02 PM
:D:D:D Can't beat that canine spirit!! Good for you Binxster!! You landed in the BEST home imaginable, and I think you know it!!:) Now mind your Mommy so you'll heal real quick! We know you're already up on all 4's!!:D

And Kingrattus...what a wonderful Mom you are too!! I was so sad to hear about your precious Max's injury and Sir Jury:( But he was lucky enough to have the most devoted and loving family, and a pup can't ask for more than that! Hope your sweet Max is all healed and doing well!!:)

kingrattus
04-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Max is doing well (it happened 6 yrs ago, but still feels like yesterday).. The toe that was damaged is a pain in my butt, cause the nail & the quick wont stop growing.. I'll have to get the nail cut in half to match his other nails.. I'm just scared that the nail will make the toe point upright too far & cause some foot injuries. I do cut his nails but the quick wont stop growing & I'm not cutting that cause the bleeding might not stop for me.. but I know vets hve special glue like stuff that'll stop the bleeding.. Max is a very strong & tough dog... & he wont need any pain killers for something that small.. Max was outside when he was stabbed.. he was walking aroud like nothing happened.. its the neighbours kid that saw blood everywhere & I mean everywhere... I'll never forget the way I felt when I was told to run home, cause Max had an accident & had to have Sir Jury... My mind went blank & I was hit with a ton of fear & when I saw him laying doped up on the chair all wrapped up in bandages & a blanket.. I lost it & freaked out & couldn't stop crying & wanted to know who did this? I never did findout who did it.. & now that I think of it.. there was a little too much blood everywhere.. maybe he attacked someone & drew blood??

Cinder & Smoke
04-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Apparently, while at the vet, a switcheroo was made,
and I was given a cross between a little pony, a kangeroo,
and an alligator. :D

Is da Alligator part tryin out da New Mouff??

Hey Binx ~

What did ya slurp up fur dinner?
An yur Mom nebber answered...
Did'ja get ennie Frosty Pawz??

Roomur haz it thoze things taste GREAT! :D

Mynd doze KATz!
Dey gotz more :eek: Klawz dan you gots Teef rite now! :rolleyes:

oodlesofpoodles
04-25-2003, 07:17 PM
sounds as if mr. binx is well on the road to recovery so glad to hear everything is going fine. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-25-2003, 07:55 PM
SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD REPORT!!!

sounds like Mizter.. BINX.. might have been in more pain before?!?!!? Poor baby.!! It really perked up my spirits to hear you say he is bouncing all over... I am sure he is glad to be home..!!

wishing you a speedy recovery BINX!!:D

lizbud
04-25-2003, 08:43 PM
Binx sweetie,

So glad to hear you're feeling so much better now.:D :D :D

Just wait till he finally "crashes" tonight & sleeps like baby.;)

mugsy
04-25-2003, 11:53 PM
He is a total NUT right now...:D

HEHHEHE Like Mother like Son!! lol

Cataholic
04-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Binx is eating canned Euk. mixedd with water..very sloppy and soupy. I don't know what Frosty Paws are!!!! They sound like a snack? Tell me, and I will go look for them tomorrow when we (well, Binx) have our weekly weigh in at Petsmart.

Walk time!

anna_66
04-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Johanna, Frosty paws are like icecream, but for dogs. You boy definately deserves one!
Well, how much weight has he gained since you've had him? I bet he's growing fast:)

Cataholic
04-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi Anna,
Thanks for the info on Frosty Paws. I will pick some up for Binx tomorrow...assuming they involve no chewing...he is on that restriction for at least one week. He is eating really well, again. I adopted him on a Tuesday night. I weighed him that following Sunday, and he weighed 49.6. Then, that next Tuesday, he had some work done on his mouth. The next Saturday, he weighed 44.9!! A five pound drop. Very troubling for me. Then, this week, Thursday, he had his mouth operated on. So, I am very interested to see what he will weigh tomorrow, Sunday. The girl at Starbucks told me this am that he looked like he put on weight. So, here is hoping he did!

When we walked this am, he was a pee-a-saurus...I don't know why. Maybe because he is taking in more liquids from the wet gloppy food? We stopped at the park, and he played with a left over soccer ball..and was totally acting like a puppy should, including biting my ankles! I look pretty silly walking with a St. B attached to my leg. I am being so careful with his mouth, and thought the soccer ball would be ok, since it is too big to fit inside. He just finished his breakfast- 10 oz of canned...and I will move to two cans- 20 oz, at lunchtime. He is snoring away on his couch right now, probably dreaming of Frosty Paws as I type!

Johanna

Cincy'sMom
04-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Frosty paws should be fine...no chewing involved :)

The peeing thing, could be that he is starting to mark. As he gets closer to 6-7 months he will probally do that more...esp. if you start to see the leg lift.

Sounds like he is feelingmuch better!! I'm sure he'll start to gain weight now that he mouth doesn't hurt so much!

I will be in Cincinnati May 13 (maybe 12-14?) for business...maybe I'll get a chance to come see the baby boy?

Rachel
04-26-2003, 02:51 PM
Good for Binx! The worst should be over and his demeanor indicates he is feeling much better. There certainly are times when being a NAWTEEDAWG warms the Mom's heart. I think this is one.

Cataholic
04-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I will be in Cincinnati May 13 (maybe 12-14?) for business...maybe I'll get a chance to come see the baby boy?

Absolutely, Amy!!! That would be so fun! You could also meet the herd....he he he..

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2003, 05:41 AM
Absolutely, Amy!!! That would be so fun! You could also meet the herd....he he he..

Cool! I'll let you know as soon as I find out exactly when I'll be in town.
\mental note, pack allergy medecine :)

captain
04-27-2003, 07:19 PM
DAMN!!! I go away for a week - and I miss the whole shebang!

So glad Binxy Boy is misbehaving :D Gotta be getting better!!!

You were in my thoughts whilst I was away, but never did I imagine the sir jury would have been done before I got back.

Keep the NUT slurping :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey Mr Binx ~~

Whutz wiffa No Wurd bout how youze doin!??

How'z yer MOUFF?
Any lil Purley Whites pokin up yet?

And are ya still *sluRRpin* up da grub?
MawMee wuz purdy wurried bout yur not eetin rite and :eek: loozin weight last week - you doin better now?

Tell MawMee iffin she's not gonna keep us all posted on how yur doin -
she otta leave da puter home so YOU kan Tell Us Sum Tailz!

Dont furget - BarkPark on the 25th!! :D

lizbud
05-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Cinder and Smoke,

Hey, you guys read my mind.I heard some doggies can
do that.:D :D I was just wondering about Binx too. Haven't
heard anything for awhile. How ya doing Binx?

Cataholic
05-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, here we are on week post the search and rescue for the little white things, and what a difference a week makes. Just this am, I had Binx on the floor, and was doing a secret count...and saw about 7 little white things on the bottom jaw..and just couldn't get him to hold still enough to count anything on the top. I will try to get him to show me something up there, soon. Today, we had a little bit of bleeding, but, I am not concerned. It really was just a little, and probablly a result of the gnawing he does on everything..arms, legs, toys, stuffies, etc.

He has been eating pretty good. Yesterday I stopped the pain medication, AND started adding the dry food to his bowl. I am still soaking the dry food 4 hours, and today, I tried using electric beaters, and it did a good job. I can tell Mr. Binx prefers straight wet $1.05 canned food!!! I am trying to keep him close to 6 cups a day...and that might seem like alot to alot of you, but, keep in mind, he is growing like a weed, and he is a giant breed.

His two newest things? Barking at my feet..usually with my shoe IN his mouth, making the bark all muffled. Funny, but annoying to walk like that. The more I scold him, the funnier he thinks it is, and we go on until I head wrestle him to the ground, OR, I run outside.

Second thing? Well, Binx thinks he is a giant CAT! (I knew it wouldn't take long). He has managed to crawl through the cat hole in the basement door. At first, it was just the melon. Then, it was the front arms. Next thing I knew, his WHOLE self was through the hole, down the steps, pawing at the door I just exited through. I still drove off...around the block, and came back- maybe two minutes later. Who was staring at me from the living room? Cat/dog, Mr. Binx. So, he can get through it both ways. I figure he has maybe one more month of that, at best.

We got our first ice cream together Tuesday night. Vanilla in a bowl for him...yummy, he said. We sat on the curb and ate it, and got plenty of smiles. I got my own, in case you are wondering.

We are due for a check up on May 13. I am anxious to hear the prognosis/plan. I beleive he is gaining weight. The scale was acting funny at Petsmart last week. (Strange, my home scale seems out of wack, too).

That is all from here at the Sir Jury Center!!!

mugsy
05-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the update Jo, sounds like things are progressing quite nicely. I see you spoil him like we spoil ours with ice cream!! I'm glad to hear that little white things are showing up and that he is gaining weight.

Cinder & Smoke
05-02-2003, 07:21 PM
:D Oooh, Happie Daze!! :)

Lil White TOOFIEZ showin up!!
Way ta GO - BINX!!

How bout rollin ober so Mawm kan take a *peek* atta Top Side?

You loud ta have RawHidez to chomp on?
Prolly not - mite be a lil tuff onna tendur jawz rite now...
Prolly get RawHidez aftur the gumz tuffin up a bit.

Too bad yur gonna outgrow da Kat Door :( ...
Gonna be tuff havin a gud Kat Chaze wiff allua Katz hidin out downstairz...
Ya need to lurn how ta *twist* the door knobby thang! :p
Toofiez will help wiff dat!

Speekin of Katz...
How you anna Herd gettin along?
Dont be too *ruff* on em - take it frum us ~
*RUFFIN* up da Katz iz gonna be a BIG *No-No* in yur howze!

SOOOOO Glad yer feelin Better!
An keep Growin them lil Purly Whites! :D

Cataholic
05-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Oh, one other Binx trick...standing on the side boards to my bed, crying/whining to get up there with me. I turn my head away, and just ignore him!!! I am a little afraid he will learn that he CAN get up there by climbing on the hope chest at the foot of the bed, then, walking onto the bed. That will be the "Hueston? We have a problem"!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the update Johanna! Sounds like Mr Binx is getting along great, usual puppy antics and all!

Molly-How in the world do you give ice cream to 20 dogs!?! We have enough trouble keeping three's noses on their own servings!!!

mugsy
05-02-2003, 08:56 PM
That's the secret. We DON'T give it to 20 dogs at a time. Whenever we go out and take one or 2 dogs we stop and either get them a plain cheeseburger or we stop at DQ and get a baby size cup for them.

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2003, 08:57 PM
That's sorta what I figured :p

mugsy
05-02-2003, 08:59 PM
OMG....can you imagine the mess? lol

anna_66
05-02-2003, 09:30 PM
I just figured you'd been busy with the big boy:p

Glad to hear his teeth are starting to pop through, that's wonderful news!

Sounds like he's acting like a true puppy, have fun Jo:D

shais_mom
05-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Sounds like Mr. Binx is truly showing his character! :)
yeaah!
I love to hear updates!
and I can't believe that he fit thru the cat door!!:eek:

Dakota's Mommy
05-06-2003, 12:16 PM
So glad to hear that things are going so well! Yes, I too love the updates that you give us!