PDA

View Full Version : Take ur kids to work day

HoRsELUvR
04-24-2003, 06:58 AM
Hi everyone.im just saying hi from my mom's work.anyone else go to their parents work or take their kids to work?

lbaker
04-24-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi there! Where does your mom work, DC or around where you live? I guess your school doesn't mind as long as your learning something while there. I've seen a few kids around the office this morning but it's still a little early. I wish I could bring my furkids to work!
Laurie

anna_66
04-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
I wish I could bring my furkids to work!

Me Too! Wouldn't that be great:D

But it is nice that they have a day like this for kids to get to see what their parents do all day.
Have fun HoRsELUvR!!!

HoRsELUvR
04-24-2003, 07:28 AM
My mom works in D.C.My mom told me that some companies let their employees bring their pets in order to get people to work for them.

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-24-2003, 08:48 AM
They have "bring your kids to work" day at my office and I hate it!! No one brings their teenage kids, only the lil monsters get to come! The place turns into a zoo! The mothers don't control their kids and they give them free run of the building. :mad: And everyone finds it so cute! I finding so incredibly annoying!

RockyRoad
04-24-2003, 09:01 AM
My mom & dad are off for the rest of the week:D
Have fun!

Dakota's Mommy
04-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I have no human children, I wish I could bring at least one of my furchildren with me though!

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2003, 03:48 PM
June 20th is the offical take your dog's to work day...we havebeen trying for the past few years to get our bosses to let us...doesn't seem to work though...something about chemicals and dogs notmixing (but they could all stay in the office area!!)

Cataholic
04-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
They have "bring your kids to work" day at my office and I hate it!! No one brings their teenage kids, only the lil monsters get to come! The place turns into a zoo! The mothers don't control their kids and they give them free run of the building. :mad: And everyone finds it so cute! I finding so incredibly annoying!

Nice to know I am not the only one that has this opinion! I see many people use it as a way to get out of their obligation to work!! And, it is kinda disruptive to the work place. Maybe it should be 'take your parents to school day'...and we could see what is going on there. Seems a bit more important than having our kids know what we are doing during the day (seeing that we are largely an adult population, acting responsibly, making money).

Cookiebaker
04-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Hehehheh! Malone has gone with his Mommy to work all week!! :D It's been so much fun, and I'm really going to miss him next Monday. :( He's been so well behaved and everybody loves him!!!!

p.s. Even though the painters are done as of this afternoon, I'm still gonna bring him in tomorrow just as planned. Shhhhh! :p

Kfamr
04-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I "went to wokr wiht my dad"... hehe he doesn't work!!!

-- for the people who didn't get it, i just stayed home lol.

wolfsoul
04-24-2003, 06:47 PM
I went to work with my mom last year. She was cleaning houses at the time, and this one house we went to had three dogs, so I just kept leaving the work and chasing after the dogs...So I kept getting in trouble :rolleyes:
They were cute, there was a great pyrenees named Angel, a border collie named Belle, and an irish setter named Hunter :D

lovemyshiba
04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
I noticed a lot of kids out of school today, and asked one of them who was in for lunch with his parents. He was so proud of where his mom worked--he told me all about her office, and how important she was--it was cute!! He was probably 8 or 9 though, so maybe not a terror in the office.

I wish I could bring the dogs to work--restaurant+ dogs=big mess, sick and fat dogs, me unemployed:(
My husband takes them sometimes though!!

AmberLee
04-25-2003, 10:52 PM
I brought my niece and nephew to work yesterday. My company makes a big deal out of it. Had some of the engineers give lectures on the shuttle and heat shields. It was a little embarrassing that some of the kids knew more about satellites than I did... :o :eek: :rolleyes:

Between flexing my time and using personal time off, I was there for 8 hours and charged for 1, the rest was basically vacation time. They did a group photo of the kids with hoked up backgrounds: flags, the golden gate bridge, the shuttle et al. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

AmberLee
04-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Oh, my niece and nephew are in year-round school that happens to be on break right now, so no school is missed by luck of the scheduling.

HoRsELUvR
04-26-2003, 01:06 PM
Kfamr-my friend did the same thing cuz her mom doesnt work anywhere she just stays at home.
I think bring your kids to work day would be boring for little kids unles their parents worked at Discovery Zone or something.