PDA

View Full Version : Pudge and Pickle are worrying me.. esp. Pickle

iwuvsmypuppy
04-23-2003, 08:40 PM
i am really worried about my ducks... they seem to be losing their feathers on the front of their necks.. Pickle's is REALLY bad.. you can see his skin. Pudge is not that bad but it still worries me ALOT. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this that they could share with me. Any answers would be SOOO appreciated like you wouldnt know. Is this normal? Is it something i should put a cream on? I havent noticed them scratching it much except when they are wet. although a couple of days ago i was putting cream on Pickie cuz he/she was scratching at it.. i dont know.:( :( HELP?:confused: :(

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 10:38 AM
i have no idea about ducks... but ussually birds (like parrots, cockatoos, ect.) pluck there feathers when they are bored. im not sure about ducks though:(

kingrattus
04-24-2003, 10:43 AM
I know nothing about ducks or birds, but could they have mites or fleas??

tikeyas_mom
04-24-2003, 12:09 PM
your baby duchs are molting. They are just babies right? they are getting rid of their baby feathers to make room for their adult feathers. Dont worrie. INLESS, they start to skratch or get scabs, take them to the vet if that happends or if the adult feathers dont grow in about a week, they ducks might be stressed if they get scabs.

Jessica12345
04-24-2003, 02:05 PM
TM, i really dont think they are molting if you can see the skin, but i dont know much about ducks. :(

you must have a duck site that you did research on that says it... :confused: good luck.

keep us updated!

Tina
04-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Sounds like they may have lice or mites or something else:confused: I really don't know much about ducks. My parents had ducks long time ago I don't remember much about them though. Wish I could help. Maybe you can take them to a vet and let them check them?

iwuvsmypuppy
04-24-2003, 03:32 PM
okay here's the thing TM you were right.. they ARE molting.. i asked my art teacher (she has ducks) she had that problem too..but it is only when my ducks are wet that you can see it.. so it isnt that bad yet. they are only 2 weeks ol so it is all good.. thanx to everybody!!:D