PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Abuse- Update

Riku
04-23-2003, 07:56 PM
I apologize for not being online to post earlier but I have had a hell time at school and what not. If you haven't heard the story, a person I knew was bragging about abuser her all black kitten. She threw it in the washer, the dryer then turned on the dryer, in a toilet and closed the lid, and kicking it (she even said drop kick it) and slamming the door on it's face.

So here's the update of what happened. I talked to my counselor and she told me the girl had said she only told her boyfriend and her brother was the one to have abused it. My counselor didn't believe her however and called the humain society. The girl was kicked out of a class we had together, and I hope the kitten will be taken out of there.

As for me now, this girl was acting depressed and sad and whatever and told everyone that it was my fault blah blah blah. Now she claims to have only been joking, but knowing her and her life (example: when she was younger her mother threw her in a dryer and turned it on and her parents are letting her get an illegal tattoo. She is only 13 years old), she was BSing. Now a whole bunch of people are sympathetic and take her side in this and give me evil looks and disrespect me and what not. But that is not important.

Whatever happens to that girl it is for the best and I am awaiting the analysis and results from the humain society. I wish this would have been sooner but the best thing is the humain society have an eye on her and her disfunctional parents. Any more news I will be happy to post and again I apologize for not postng sooner.
~Riku

BastetsMum
04-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Glad you did something about it Riku. That was a very brave and honourable thing you did to help that kitten.

People who want help will get help but animals can't. You more than likely saved the life of this kitten. Lets hope it goes to a wonderful furever home.

carole
04-23-2003, 09:31 PM
riku i have to commend you, i am sorry you are getting flak at school because of this, just remember you have done the right thing here, that girl desperately needs help by the sound of it.
so not only have u helped this defenceless animal, you may have helped her too, she will maybe not thank you, but you can rest assured you have acted with great responsibility and maturity. Hang on in there riku those stares etc will stop eventually

Soledad
04-23-2003, 09:44 PM
How can people defend a kitten abuse? Yech.

You did the right thing. Those other people have no scruples.

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Riku you did the right thing and please don't let the boys and girls at school tell you otherwise. You are a very brave girl and you've also probably saved the little kittens life too. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Riku, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

It takes a lot of courage to stand up for what you believe in. Just think what a mess the world would be in if everyone turned a blind eye to abuse and other similar problems.

Wish I could help more, but just console yourself with the thought that any negative feedback you are getting now will be much harder to handle than living with the knowledge that youknew about an aduse situation and didnt do anything!

Well done!

Cheshirekatt
04-24-2003, 12:57 AM
Good job....you're a great representation of how all young people should act. The crap at school will pass. Keep a stiff upper lip.

IttyBittyKitty
04-24-2003, 05:53 AM
I agree with everyone else, you've done a great thing for that beautiful little kitten! Whether or not it was actually abused is a moot point - no cat should live with an owner who boasts about hurting their kitty as that sort of individual will no doubt mistreat the kitty in other ways!

The girl obviously has problems and those imbeciles at your school are no better - I know it is hard when everyone criticises your actions, but you do not need the aproval of such simple-minded morons!

I hope that kitty finds herself a great home & keep us posted!

HoRsELUvR
04-24-2003, 07:12 AM
hey Riku.dont listen to all of the people at school who have been rude.if they cared about the poor cat then maybe they wouldnt have been so rude.you did the right thing and now the kitten will be safe.

ramanth
04-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Riku, that was a very honorable and brave thing you did. Hopefully the Humane Society will act.

Don't let those people at school get to you. Their opinions don't matter especially since you likely never see any of them after you graduate.

catmandu
04-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Riku , you are learning a very sad lesson , and that there are people in this world who are not responsin\ble. you were very brave in helping that kitten , and you should be getting appoval , not hostitility. but sometimes young people get the message from Media that it is cool to be rude , and you are expeperincing the fallout from the Bad attitude that rules TV.Keep your chin up , you have friends , 14 in fact at the Lost Cats Hotel. a my dear Mother , bless her memory , told me once , it is sometimes very ahrd to do the Right Thing!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

NoahsMommy
04-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Riku,

I have a question...if you only told us, the counselor and your mom, how does everyone know about this? Did the counselor tell anyone that it was YOU that made the complaint? If so, you need to report her as well...most likely to your principle.

I'm sorry people are taking this girl's side. Her life sounds really very sad, maybe this extra attention will help her a little bit. I feel very sorry for her. :( :( :(

You are awesome for helping this kitten! We are all very happy and proud you did the right thing. You go girl!!!

Take care,
Kelly

Ann
04-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear people are treating your badly cause of this, but you still did the good thing. Please keep us updated with this poor kitty, I can't belive it's still with this cruel girl :mad: :(

emily_the_spoiled
04-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Riku, you definitely did the right thing. Remember you probably saved the life of that kitten and maybe even your friend's life.

You are more mature than many adults I know. Please remember that the school year is just about over and people have a short memory. By the time school starts again in the fall this entire thing will be forgotten by people and life will go back to normal.

Cheryl

P.S. I can promise you that life is ALOT more fun and interesting once you finish high school :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2003, 02:06 PM
As everyone has said, you definitely did the right thing, and I'm glad you're being strong and not worrying about the kids at school that are being rude. They will learn their own lesson someday too.

Please keep us updated as you learn more.

Maybe if someone had stepped in earlier and reported this girl's parents (what kind of parent throws their daughter in the dryer!!!) she wouldn't be bragging about abusing a kitten, and you wouldn't have been put in this position.

Thanks again for stepping in and looking out for this poor defenseless little kitten. If you hadn't - who would have? :(

carole
04-24-2003, 05:17 PM
riku this girl is obviously caught up in that vicious cycle,she has been abused and now is becoming an abuser, so by doing what u have done, you may help her to break that cycle, you have done yourself proud, hold your head high, and dont worry the snickers etc will pass.

bluekat
04-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Don't listen to those people at school, you did the right thing. At least all the people here at PT are on your side:) just ignore those people at school. They don't really seem to care much about that kitten anyways. I hope that the kitten is ok, and please keep us posted!

Riku
04-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Riku,

I have a question...if you only told us, the counselor and your mom, how does everyone know about this? Did the counselor tell anyone that it was YOU that made the complaint? If so, you need to report her as well...most likely to your principle.

The girl knew I told because I was the only one she told that expressed anger. The girl started spreading rumors and stuff.

PayItForward
04-24-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry that you are getting hasseled at school.

We are all so proud of you reporting that 'girl'. Lets hope they remove that kitten.