PDA

View Full Version : What makes you a dog Lover???

Cisco's Mom
04-23-2003, 06:32 PM
I thought it might be neat to see what makes everyone a dog lover! A couple of reasons for me would be:
1)I have more pictures of Cisco than of any other family member including myself
2)I don't mind sharing my pillow with Cisco
3)I won't visit my family if Cisco can't go too
Of course there are many more reasons, but I thought it would be interesting to see what the rest of ya'll would say.:D

tikeyas_mom
04-23-2003, 06:44 PM
1) I always know my dogs will be there to protect me

2) They are a great sholder to cry on.

#3.) I have more pics of my pets and dog then I do of anything ele including friends.

4) I always have to bring Tikeya with me. At least I try to. ;).

5.) I wont go on vaccation inless I can bring Tikeya along.

6) I just love dogs. for so many reasons.

GoldenRetrLuver
04-23-2003, 06:46 PM
well, lets see...i have dog pics of my babys all over my room, i have stuffed animals of them, i love them more then anything, i take them just about everywhere i go, and i give all the love and attention in the world! they give back too!:) ;) :D

clara4457
04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I have a very stressful job, but when I come home and look in those baby browns, life is beautiful.
He helps me make sure I get my daily exercise :D
He never cares if I just feel like vegging out

CamCamPup33
04-23-2003, 08:03 PM
1. once cami licked my lolipop and i didnt care.. lol hey dogs mouths are cleaner than ours! ;)
2. I share covers with cami
3.on my digital camera we have no more space because the memory card is full with cami pictures..

:D good post!!

oodlesofpoodles
04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
When you don't mind paw prints on the new shirt(White) that you are wearing out right then. and best of all don't mind being covered with wet puppy kisses. :) :) :)

rizzy
04-23-2003, 08:32 PM
I dont really know why. I just have always had a love for dogs. They are adorable and fun to play with. They are smart and you can tell them anything. Dogs are always there for you.
I of most people actually have a reason why I wouldnt like dogs...especially border collies. When I was really little and going to daycare, The daycare I went to had a Border Collie. Well one day I went over to pet it and it bit me. The bite was about 1/4 an inch away from my eye. I ended up getting 6 stiches. I am NOT saying that border collies are bad dogs. That one just bit me it could have been any breed. Infact I LOVE border collies!:D

tikeyas_mom
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
1. once cami licked my lolipop and i didnt care.. lol hey dogs mouths are cleaner than ours! ;)

I share EVERYTHIING with Tikeya she loves sharing vinilla icecream cones with my. I hate the cone so I give it to her. lol

CamCamPup33
04-23-2003, 09:21 PM
yummy what a treat!! i pretty much share everything with cami too isnt it nice to have someone to eat ur scraps?? :D

Jessica12345
04-23-2003, 09:25 PM
i cant share stuff with jewels because she eats her poop:o

dogs are just precious little angels and are always there when you need them. they are little people in fur coats, but without the big attitude and big mouth. ;)

Kfamr
04-23-2003, 09:27 PM
1.] hair in my food doesn't really bother me anymore, it's going to happen no matter what.

2.] I'd die for my dogs, not for anyone else.

3.] I tell my dogs i love them everyday, i barely tell my family that ;x

4.] i let my dogs lick my silverware, plates, and even pocicles or lolly pops befor i eat it and still continue to enjoy it afterwards. There's no way i'd let a human do that.

5.]And well.. i love my dogs. =]

I could go on and on.

iceyshiver21
04-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Dogs-
Listen to my complaints
Are good feet warmers
dont hog the covers
Never fight with you
Are smart enough to know that you always win tug of war, even if your always slimed afterwards
always cute when they try not to be
are always happy to see you even if you come back for your keys five minutes after you left
know when to ignore the cats in life
Bring you the news and you now dirty filled with holes socks
Try and make you stay home by trapping you in the massive holes they dig...I mean who else would stend all day doing somthing for you?
They know just what your thinking
Arnt afraid to share fleas
Lick tears and mend broken hearts...
Its too bad not everyone is smart enough to own little masterminds in there house....

iceyshiver21
04-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
1.] hair in my food doesn't really bother me anymore, it's going to happen no matter what.

2.] I'd die for my dogs, not for anyone else.

3.] I tell my dogs i love them everyday, i barely tell my family that ;x

4.] i let my dogs lick my silverware, plates, and even pocicles or lolly pops befor i eat it and still continue to enjoy it afterwards. There's no way i'd let a human do that.

5.]And well.. i love my dogs. =]

I could go on and on.

I agree with EVERYONE of them...Although I would die for my friends also.

kingrattus
04-23-2003, 11:00 PM
1. Max was there for me when no one else was.
2. He was a great shoulder to cry on
3. He layed by my side while I had walking penomia (I can never spell it right :mad: ) & could hardly breath, move & eat (if I moved too much I could have died)
4. He's proven to me more then once that he'll risk his life to save/help mine
5. Max will do/go anywhere I ask him to go, even if it means walking on a see through (mesh like metal) bridge
6. He's my only friend that hasn't abandoned me, because I went to college (not one friend will call or return my calls, not one).
7. He lets me dress him up & do first aid on him, even with tape (I had no one else to practice on)

Pam
04-24-2003, 06:06 AM
I love my dogs for their unconditional love. They are constant companions who think I'm the best thing since sliced bread (please don't tell them otherwise). :) :p I have their pictures on my desk at work, along with one of my grandson. There are no other humans on my desk. :rolleyes:

anna_66
04-24-2003, 07:42 AM
My Dogs are:

Loving-when you need a hug or some snuggling, they are always there.
Loyal-even though they are sooo happy to see company come, they are also happy when they leave & can play with you!
Always by my side-they are happy just to be with me, if we're doing something or if we're not.
Thoughtful-they dig holes and tear up things just to give me something to do!
Fun-doesn't matter if we're playing outside, taking pictures, going for a walk or just sitting watching tv, their just fun to be around!
My best friend (besides my husband & mom)-they would do anything to make me happy:D

And I have to admit, I have a problem with the pictures too;)
When my mom came to visit, she asked if I even had any pictures of the family (mom, dad, brother, me etc.), I said sure! they're in the bedroom:o

clara4457
04-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Yeah - my son complains that there are more pictures of Leo than him!!! lol

I think it is because our furbabies are with us such a short time. I always want to make sure I have a way to remember them when they are gone. I still regret not having any pictures of my last dog - Buster. They were all lost in a move and he passed soon after. :(

cali
04-24-2003, 11:07 AM
I handle dogs in flyball,agility,rally-o,barrel racing,frisbee ect.. just so my dogs will have fun even if I would not do anything active if it was not for them.
my friends are always trying to get me to go to dances and sleepovers and what not but I am always to busy going to dog seminars.
my morning is spent giving the dogs each a massage.
if you open up my folder I have hundreds of pics of my dogs saved.
if you open up the top drawer in the filing cabnite you will find it piled high with pics of my dogs.
when asked to make a list of things I want for myself all I can think of is stuff for my dogs.
the other day I spent all my money i had saved on things for my dogs
on their birthday they get cake, get to go to the petstore to pick out a toy and treats.
anything that has nothing to do with animals is boring
I sleep with 3 dogs. 1 curled up to my tummy, one on my back and one under the covers next to my legs. I buy only the nicest things for my pets and the crudiest for myself.

list goes on an don and on...

:p

lovemyshiba
04-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I love all dogs, but especially mine for a lot of reasons:
--they never ever talk back to me (well, except Kito)
--they love to snuggle
--they are so darn happy when I walk through the door
--they always listen when I talk to them (gives me hope that I'm not insane, talking to the dogs instead of myself)
--they love to warm me up when it's cold
--they eat whatever I give them, no complaints
--they go everywhere with me, all 3 of them
--I don't mind waking up at 6am to take them out, when it's freezing cold out
--and they are so much fun!!!!!!!!

ParNone
04-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Normally I'm a very squeamish person, when it comes to
blood, poop, puke, drool... just any and all bodily functions...
And there's nothing I love better than sleeping. But when
it comes to Murph and Maddie and Oz, I don't even give it
a second thought, when I'm cleaning puke off the carpet
or washing a dirty rear end or getting up every 2 hours in
the middle of the night to let one of'em outside (mainly
Maddie). Just gotta be love.:)

Par...

Cisco's Mom
04-24-2003, 05:27 PM
I love everyone of ya'lls reason for being a dog lover! Thanks for sharing!!:)

Smilla
04-25-2003, 11:46 AM
1) Sometimes when I pass a person walking their dog, I smile at the dog and forget to acknowledge the person.

2) At outdoor events at which it's permissible to bring dogs, I look forward to dog-watching even more than people-watching.

3) On more than one occasion I've thought that the world would be a better place if people were more like dogs.

4) I have Dog of The Day bookmarked on the "Personal Bar" in my browser, at both home and work.

lute
04-25-2003, 07:16 PM
1. they are so much like people it is unreal!!!

2. they are their for when you need that extra blanket or pillow.

3. they love you even though you look like that.

4. not 2 minutes from when we brought beanit home he lifted his leg to our stair case and has not stopped since.

5. we keep them for humiliation,such as when you have very important people over and there is a bloody pad chewed up right in front of the door.

6. POOP!!! it's on the floor when you bring company over,it's in the yard,sometimes they surprise you with a squirt when they're sick.

just to name a few.:)